No fastboot devices but can use adb devices.

CallumL701

Jun 28, 2015
Hey, I am having trouble pushing TWRP onto my op3 via fastboot. I managed to unlock my bootloader successfully but after that, I know cannot flash TWRP. When I type in "adb devices" It returns a string, however "fastboot devices" does nothing. I've uninstalled and re-installed oneplus usb, fastboot and adb drivers countless time and even reset my PC twice. Any ideas? This is really frustrating as I was on TWRP fine before I had to RMA my op3 where they put it back to stock. Any ideas? Thanks

Mar-cel

Jun 18, 2013
I have the same problem ADB works but Fastboot not.... I have all drivers correct installed..

Rom: OOS 3.2.7
PC: Windows 10

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
But phone starts ok in OOS system?
If, yes, download TWRP 3.0.2.1 original & TWRP 3.0.2.1-19 modified. Put them in phone sd card. Download FLashify from Play store and flash recovery .img. Then go recovery to test if it works.
One of those will work.

Mar-cel

Jun 18, 2013
Got the same problem too, after unlocking the bootloader the fastboot devices cannot find anything :rolleyes:
Tested several drivers and even another laptop :/

Rom: OOS 3.2.7
PC: Windows 10
Yeah me too, same ROM and PC OS. Very strange
I've solved that problem by installing Windows 7 on a Virtual Machine the phone Was recognized and has installed the drivers by itself. And fastboot was working :D
I don't know why fastboot is not working on Windows 10....

rpsgrayfox

Nov 30, 2013
Hey, I am having trouble pushing TWRP onto my op3 via fastboot. I managed to unlock my bootloader successfully but after that, I know cannot flash TWRP. When I type in "adb devices" It returns a string, however "fastboot devices" does nothing. I've uninstalled and re-installed oneplus usb, fastboot and adb drivers countless time and even reset my PC twice. Any ideas? This is really frustrating as I was on TWRP fine before I had to RMA my op3 where they put it back to stock. Any ideas? Thanks
Had the same issue, here's what fixed it for me:
(On Windows 10)
1 - Plug your device while on and install the OP3 drivers that appear as a removable disk, I reinstalled them also, so no harm in doing that again.
2 - Run admin command prompt from wherever you have your adb and fastboot
3 - get your device into fastboot/bootloader mode "adb reboot bootloader"
4 - press windows key + X and go to device manager, look for the Android device with exclamation mark
5 - right click on Android Device > update driver software > browse my computer... > let me pick... > look for Android and then select Android Fastboot Interface if memory serves me right.

And that's it. Fastboot should be recognized now. That's what worked for me when windows recognized adb but not fastboot, hope it helps out.

Remember to hit the thanks button if I helped you out.

Sir Mohd

Mar 3, 2015
Riyadh

Had the same issue, here's what fixed it for me:
(On Windows 10)
1 - Plug your device while on and install the OP3 drivers that appear as a removable disk, I reinstalled them also, so no harm in doing that again.
2 - Run admin command prompt from wherever you have your adb and fastboot
3 - get your device into fastboot/bootloader mode "adb reboot bootloader"
4 - press windows key + X and go to device manager, look for the Android device with exclamation mark
5 - right click on Android Device > update driver software > browse my computer... > let me pick... > look for Android and then select Android Fastboot Interface if memory serves me right.

And that's it. Fastboot should be recognized now. That's what worked for me when windows recognized adb but not fastboot, hope it helps out.

Remember to hit the thanks button if I helped you out.
I've done everything U said but when it on the Bootloader it says waiting for device

Thank you to try solve the problem

rpsgrayfox

Nov 30, 2013
I've done everything U said but when it on the Bootloader it says waiting for device

Thank you to try solve the problem
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work, I'd try to reinstall adb and fastboot then using Minimal Adb and Fastboot found in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

SharpyUK08

Oct 22, 2016
Birmingham
I have the same issue. Got my OP3 yesterday and have been trying in vain to get my Windows 10 install to recognise the phone in fastboot mode, but to no avail. I am unable to unlock my bootloader. :(

inflames19

Oct 22, 2016
Got some news for you:
I was so frustrated that I decided to install Windows 7 over my Windows 10 and have a try.
Well what should I say: everything worked on the first try, without any problems with the original driver which comes with the op3 when you plugin the phone.
Hope I could help ;)

SharpyUK08

Oct 22, 2016
Birmingham
It appears to be an issue with Windows 10 drivers. I have used an ancient install of Xubuntu on an older EeePC in order to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP and SuperSU. I've still had no luck getting fastboot to be recognised on Windows 10, though on Xubuntu, it is recognised instantly with no issues.

Sir Mohd

Mar 3, 2015
Riyadh
Got some news for you:
I was so frustrated that I decided to install Windows 7 over my Windows 10 and have a try.
Well what should I say: everything worked on the first try, without any problems with the original driver which comes with the op3 when you plugin the phone.
Hope I could help ;)
I'v Windows 7 Can you explain how ? and what the required files ?

Thank u

inflames19

Oct 22, 2016
I'v Windows 7 Can you explain how ? and what the required files ?

Thank u
I'm not at my pc atm but I'll try my best:
If you plugin your op3 there will be a cd mounted with the setup for the driver.
I just installed this driver with the setup.exe (on a complete new instance of Windows 7).
After the installer was finished, I opened cmd.exe and could use adb and fastboot.