• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No fastboot!

Search This thread

Mambobuzzz

Mar 13, 2011
Hi there,

I'm trying to install TWRP. But I can't do any fastboot command. ADB works. Device isn't recognized in system and with "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. :/

I've tryed many drivers but nothing works.

I'm using Win 10 x64. Does anyone have a suitable way to get it working?

Thanks!

Mambobuzzz

Reactions: koofejood

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Hi there,

I'm trying to install TWRP. But I can't do any fastboot command. ADB works. Device isn't recognized in system and with "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. :/

Thanks!

Mambobuzzz

This is a problem related to Windows 10 that uses the wrong driver.
Somewhere I have found a guide to manually choose the correct one, but at the moment I don't remember where... googling you will find instructions

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Hi there,

Thanks!

Mambobuzzz

This is not the Q&A section. Please post your questions there, according to the forum rules. Can a moderator please move this? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mambobuzzz

Mar 13, 2011
This is a problem related to Windows 10 that uses the wrong driver.
Somewhere I have found a guide to manually choose the correct one, but at the moment I don't remember where... googling you will find instructions
I've googled it. Tried many. Event tried to boot Windows without driver signature. Didn't work. :/
This is not the Q&A section. Please post your questions there, according to the forum rules. Can a moderator please move this? Thanks.
Oh sorry.

j04nd03

Nov 9, 2015
This might come a year too late, but in case someone else runs into the same problem (like myself), you can solve it by installing the latest (signed) ADB drivers with this Tool, then rebooting the tablet to fastboot mode and run the tool again. This still doesn't install the correct fastboot drivers, but it should now be listed as "ADB Interface" -> "Unknown Device" in the device manager, and if you right click and choose "Update driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software", you should see a driver called "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)", that installs and works correctly for the Pixel C.

flash713

@Mambobuzzz
One option you have and it's been updated this month too, is you could try installing and using tiny adb & fastboot from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-windows-tiny-adb-fastboot-august-2021.3944288/
I can't stand Windows for a few reasons! Make a live USB and try a Linux distro! You will never have this problem again and I guarantee you won't miss Windows. :)

Edit added:
Reasons why this is happening:
Bad connection somewhere.. The USB connection you are plugging in to on your PC could be messed up, the USB cord could be messed up, or where your type c plugs in to your device is messed up.... Oooorrrrr it's driver issue. And knowing Windows I betcha it's a driver issue. When you plug your tablet in are you enabling USB debugging and developer options and changing the "default USB configuration" from "Charging" to "File tansfer ?" And when you do those things are you watching the table REALLY CLOSELY for the little box that pops up for 5 seconds that you MUST put a checkmark in otherwise adb and fastboot will not work? Reboot a few times on your PC and update the drivers in Windows Device manager.. I remember once I had to reboot 3-4 times to finally get mine working. When you type adb --version then push enter in terminal and fastboot --version push enter what does it say?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Thanks!

Mambobuzzz