• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question No flashing possible, phone stuck in bootloop

Search This thread

Insomnium_D

Apr 11, 2021
Hi folks,

I've got a new A52 5G and wanted it to root. TWRP couldn't be used, because each and every possible solution failed. I even got stuck at boot with a message that the recovery couldn't get startet, even if I just restarted the phone without pressing the keys and without plugged USB cable.

Even flashing the original firmware was not possible. Then I tried to lock the bootloader again and flashing of the firmware was going on with odin. Puh... Then I used the Magisk method without TWRP to change die boot.img with magisk and load it in Odin. Success! I had now root on the phone. Yesterday I read about uninstall Magisk and install it afterwards on the B partition for updating the firmware over OTA. But accidentally I pressed the button below "uninstall" and it performed imediately. Now my phone is dead again... With unlocked Bootloader it is stuck in a bootload and I can start the Samsung recovery mode to wipe the cache for example. I wiped the phone completely, but it is still stucked in a bootloop.

Then I tried my first method: Just lock the Bootloader again (in the download mode) and then flash the new firmware with odin. But Odin either crashes or is giving me instantly the message "failed".
When I'm trying to start the phone (it happened also after locking the bootloader) i'm getting the download screen and the message with a big red !
"partition boot
Reason boot: Hash of data does not match digest in descriptor. [2nd] (3)

Calculated Hash of (boot) : 23B8CFD554, (VEMETA) : D23E59ACD6

CUSTOM boot

VBMETA A526BXXU1AUCA, 38851814R"

Now I unlocked the bootloader again, to access the recovery mode so I can turn it off. Otherwise its stuck in the damn bootloop. Can't flash and wipe doesn't help either.

Please help me somehow -.-

raja0408

May 30, 2021
why did you u
Hi folks,

I've got a new A52 5G and wanted it to root. TWRP couldn't be used, because each and every possible solution failed. I even got stuck at boot with a message that the recovery couldn't get startet, even if I just restarted the phone without pressing the keys and without plugged USB cable.

Even flashing the original firmware was not possible. Then I tried to lock the bootloader again and flashing of the firmware was going on with odin. Puh... Then I used the Magisk method without TWRP to change die boot.img with magisk and load it in Odin. Success! I had now root on the phone. Yesterday I read about uninstall Magisk and install it afterwards on the B partition for updating the firmware over OTA. But accidentally I pressed the button below "uninstall" and it performed imediately. Now my phone is dead again... With unlocked Bootloader it is stuck in a bootload and I can start the Samsung recovery mode to wipe the cache for example. I wiped the phone completely, but it is still stucked in a bootloop.

Then I tried my first method: Just lock the Bootloader again (in the download mode) and then flash the new firmware with odin. But Odin either crashes or is giving me instantly the message "failed".
When I'm trying to start the phone (it happened also after locking the bootloader) i'm getting the download screen and the message with a big red !
"partition boot
Reason boot: Hash of data does not match digest in descriptor. [2nd] (3)

Calculated Hash of (boot) : 23B8CFD554, (VEMETA) : D23E59ACD6

CUSTOM boot

VBMETA A526BXXU1AUCA, 38851814R"

Now I unlocked the bootloader again, to access the recovery mode so I can turn it off. Otherwise its stuck in the damn bootloop. Can't flash and wipe doesn't help either.

Please help me somehow -.-
why did you OTA update the rooted phone
it is clearly written that your phone might brick.

what happened to you is your boot.img file is replaced with the newer version try replacing with the boot.img file of previous version.

Insomnium_D

Apr 11, 2021
I didn't, because I get (as always, this is not my first rooted phone) the message, that the system has been changed. OTA is not working and I read that uninstall magisk, update the phone and BEFORE reboot install magisk again on partition B. But I accidentaly pressed the second option in magisk, complete uninstall or how its name is. Didn't expected, that its start instantly without a "Caution" message.

Uninstalling Magisk should not bring my phone into a bootloop anyway, even if I wipe the cache. Or am I wrong?
what happened to you is your boot.img file is replaced with the newer version try replacing with the boot.img file of previous version.
That is the problem how do I do that, when everything with odin stops imediately or odin crashes.

Ryola

Jun 2, 2018
Does Odin give you any error messages? Are you patching all of the files for the firmware AP BL CP & CSC? Are you making sure to use the non home CSC? Have you tried using Samsung Smart Switch to recover your phone?

Insomnium_D

Apr 11, 2021
Smart Switch didn't recognize the phone. The only error on Odin was "succeed 0 / failed 1).
It worked with Windows 10 notebook and the USB C Port. However it didn't worked on Win 7 and regular USB Ports. Very strange. Well, but now I have the original firmware and again lots of bloatware. TWRP doesn't work, impossible to boot with it. How can I root the A52 with Magisk that way, to deactivate it - if needed - for firmware updates? The phone doesn't has A/B partition.