No IMEI, no Wifi? Here is the solution.

Search This thread

oz42

Apr 13, 2012
Lübeck
My XT1900-7 had lost its IMEIs and Wifi connections, even after factory reset.

The solution:

Get XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-2-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip from lolinet
if you are booting from slot _b, then go to fastboot and flash modem from this FI ROM:
Code:
fastboot flash modem_b NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

clessiavs

Oct 29, 2019

The solution:

Get XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-2-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip from lolinet
if you are booting from slot _b, then go to fastboot and flash modem from this FI ROM:
Code:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

Hello!
And when does this happen?

cmd.png

mariotullece

Oct 30, 2019
Santos, SP

The solution:

Code:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

It worked! Well, now I can connect to 4G and actually set my device, but still not able to get wifi connections tho.

------
EDIT: I decided to flash the entire rom you the OP mentioned and now I'm full online with mobile data and wifi!! Thanks :D

Last edited:

grosobart

May 13, 2013
buenos aires

The solution:

Hello!
And when does this happen?

hello, do you have the bootloader unlocked?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

the same thing happened to me and I had to flash the latest original firmware retus security patch 10/19

vai1010

Nov 9, 2013
Lo solucione con ese tutorial!!! Avisame si necesitas ayuda.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

the same thing happened to me and I had to flash the latest original firmware retus security patch 10/19
Avisame si necesitas ayuda. Me rompi el coco todo el dia y lo solucione!

clessiavs

Oct 29, 2019

Just saw your answer now. I couldn't make it so far. I did not quite understand your answer. I am Brazilian and I use translator.
I have the manager unlocked. However, it does not accept any adb commands.

If you can help me, I am grateful!

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

¿Podrías ayudarme amigo?
¿Puedes enviar algún contacto aquí?
Agradecido!

Last edited:

julian dralex

Jan 30, 2020
ayudenme como lo hago por favor

Just saw your answer now. I couldn't make it so far. I did not quite understand your answer. I am Brazilian and I use translator.
I have the manager unlocked. However, it does not accept any adb commands.

If you can help me, I am grateful!

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

¿Podrías ayudarme amigo?
¿Puedes enviar algún contacto aquí?
Agradecido!

me podrian decir como se hace porfa vor se los agradeceria mucho

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

It worked! Well, now I can connect to 4G and actually set my device, but still not able to get wifi connections tho.

------
EDIT: I decided to flash the entire rom you the OP mentioned and now I'm full online with mobile data and wifi!! Thanks :D

me podrias ayudar amigo por favor no entiendo

bloodclot

Mar 8, 2010
TUCSON
I had an issue where network would completely drop from time to time, the icon would show an X, however, wifi and everything else worked. I followed OP directions with the modem from XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-6-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip and everything is fine now. Thank you so much.

back story:
Device: XT1900-1

I following these directions on this thread to install the latest stock/factory firmware mentioned above
https://xdaforums.com/moto-x4/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-official-factory-t3808348

I then installed lineageOS with magisk and started encountering the issue.

Here is my command log if anyone is interested

Code:
C:\XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-6-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml>fastboot flash modem_b NON-HLOS.bin
(bootloader) is-logical:modem_b: not found
Sending 'modem_b' (76244 KB)                       OKAY [  1.679s]
Writing 'modem_b'                                  OKAY [  6.054s]
Finished. Total time: 7.938s

C:\XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-6-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml>fastboot erase modemst1
Erasing 'modemst1'                                 OKAY [  0.069s]
Finished. Total time: 0.071s

C:\XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-6-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml>fastboot erase modemst2
Erasing 'modemst2'                                 OKAY [  0.005s]
Finished. Total time: 0.006s

C:\XT1900-1_PAYTON_FI_9.0_PPWS29.69-39-6-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml>fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.001s

Xmash

Mar 14, 2020
Ayudame bro, yo no puedo :(

Yo necesito ayuda, ya reinstale la rom stock y me da acceso al wifi, pero sigo sin poder hacer funcionar la conectividad 4G, puse los comandos que se mencionan y lo que hacen es borrarme el IMEI, vuelvo a reinstalar la stock y sigue igual sin darme señal de RED MOVIL. :(

Lorokoner

Nov 28, 2016
Yo necesito ayuda, ya reinstale la rom stock y me da acceso al wifi, pero sigo sin poder hacer funcionar la conectividad 4G, puse los comandos que se mencionan y lo que hacen es borrarme el IMEI, vuelvo a reinstalar la stock y sigue igual sin darme señal de RED MOVIL. :(

Como haces para poner el IMEI de nuevo?

grosobart

May 13, 2013
buenos aires
hello guys, all these problems are solved by flashing the correct firmware without any magic just that, via adb with the commands and the latest correct firmware, everything comes back: wi-fi, sim card everything, they must be fixed if the device is xt1900-1, 2 4 etc and if it is retail, eu, us, fi etc and voila, greetings

rayudu123

Dec 24, 2016
Google Pixel 4a
no imei, wifi and network signal with locked bootloader

hi guys, i have a moto x4 xt1900-2 mobile with unlocked bootloader..i have flashed ppws29-69.26-4 firmware for this through flashing commands along with cmd fastboot oem lock...now i cant get any wifi or network signal..my phone was stuck in searching for wifi..not able to flash anything as flashing permission denied...i cant use my mobile..please help me..

thanks in advance

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
hello guys, all these problems are solved by flashing the correct firmware without any magic just that, via adb with the commands and the latest correct firmware, everything comes back: wi-fi, sim card everything, they must be fixed if the device is xt1900-1, 2 4 etc and if it is retail, eu, us, fi etc and voila, greetings

Useless post.

Reactions: St.Noigel

thinkmac

Jul 5, 2013
For those with retail US build.
The way to downgrade to Oreo with working WiFi and Mobile is to do the following
0. It goes without saying that you should make a backup copy of the EFS, Persist etc.
1. Restore the Pie 9.0 Stock PAYTON_RETAIL_9.0_PPW29.69-40-4_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml
You can do the flash all, and boot to the new system with the screen that shows it can discover nearby Wireless stations (if it is still searching, it means the modem settings are still wrong)
2. Restore the 8.1 Oreo by skipping out the following
:: fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
:: fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn
:: fastboot erase modemst1
:: fastboot erase modemst2
:: fastboot flash bluetooth_a BTFM.bin
Got the 8.1 up and running with working WiFi/Mobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The solution:

Code:
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot reboot

Useless post.