(No Longer Available Been Contacted By Swype)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Sorry guys, but I've been contacted by Swype and they've asked me to take it down, which I can wholeheartedly respect. They've said that they would release a beta version of it later this week to the registered testers. So I formally am going to take it down and request for the thread to be closed. I hope I was of some help. :)

Last edited:
G

GuestK00145

It works great, I never changed premissions before either but it was simple. Now I need a black&blue theme to go with my new swype :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

AproSamurai

Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
I'll give it a shot but I have never changed permissions before. Let me see what's up with that real quick

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Okey doke just let me know if you need help.

It works great, I never changed premissions before either but it was simple. Now I need a black&blue theme to go with my new swype :)

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Last edited:

ugothakd

Jun 12, 2011
O 'Fallon, MO
Won't this not work if you have a rom with 8-lock (or ACS, or anything that changes th carrier pulldown)? And what's so special about Nexus S's swype?

AproSamurai

Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Won't this not work if you have a rom with 8-lock (or ACS, or anything that changes th carrier pulldown)? And what's so special about Nexus S's swype?

No? I'm running unnamed 1.4 and Sculpted v2 with custom carrier and not a problem at all. 2 hours for me so far.

It allows gestures to open Twitter Facebook Google Maps, as well as copy, paste, cut, select all. It's just unique.

Last edited:
Reactions: ugothakd

ugothakd

Jun 12, 2011
O 'Fallon, MO
No? I'm running unnamed 1.4 and Sculpted v2 with custom carrier and not a problem at all. 2 hours for me so far.

It allows gestures to open Twitter Facebook Google Maps, as well as copy, paste, cut, select all. It's just unique.

Alright...u said it was a carrier check not device and I think I remember some sprint apps not working if you changed the pulldown text. So it works? I'm gonna try it out

AproSamurai

Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Alright...u said it was a carrier check not device and I think I remember some sprint apps not working if you changed the pulldown text. So it works? I'm gonna try it out

Yeah as in the installer. It works for devices legitimately on sprint, but it could work on other carriers perhaps. I can't test it myself.

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I installed the apk with out doing anything.... not even uninstalling the previous version??? I'm on Decad3nce's stock EH06 rom with my VIPERtheme port.... I'm not a swype person but I'm gonna use this in the port and have it themed

Thank you so much for posting this up here =D

Reactions: JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I installed the apk with out doing anything.... not even uninstalling the previous version??? I'm on Decad3nce's stock EH06 rom with my VIPERtheme port.... I'm not a swype person but I'm gonna use this in the port and have it themed

Well, I followed theduce and just installed the apk from Astro and it works perfect so far and looks much better. Maybe its because I didn't have a Swype on my phone before. Does changing permissions enable more features?

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Well, I followed theduce and just installed the apk from Astro and it works perfect so far and looks much better. Maybe its because I didn't have a Swype on my phone before. Does changing permissions enable more features?

Yeah I think the OP's method enables the gestures because when I try to open google maps (using the gestures) (<edit: lol) the keyboard just closes(not a force close) I guess the lib edit give it the gestures update

Edit: I successfully ported the themeing from VIPERrom's swype sol to this one :eek:

Last edited:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Yeah I think the OP's method enables the gestures because when I try to open google maps the keyboard just closes(not a force close) I guess the lib edit give it the gestures update

Edit: I successfully ported the themeing from VIPERrom's swype sol to this one :eek:

Now I am confused...lol. I just tried it on Google Maps and Google+ and it works fine. What are these gesture shortcuts? EDIT...damn, thanks duce..EDIT 2...all of my gestures and everything working on a straight install here. Thanks gentlemen. I don't normally use Swype but this looks much better and those shortcuts are nice!

Last edited:

onslaught86

I can confirm this is working fine on non-Sprint devices - Using a Galaxy S II in New Zealand. Thanks much for the upload and tutorial, I have native Swype and am a beta tester, but this version worth the latest features and elegant theme is delightful.

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Now I am confused...lol. I just tried it on Google Maps and Google+ and it works fine. What are these gesture shortcuts? EDIT...damn, thanks duce..EDIT 2...all of my gestures and everything working on a straight install here. Thanks gentlemen. I don't normally use Swype but this looks much better and those shortcuts are nice!

I meant using the gestures to open maps lol

Edit: hmm I must have broken something :/

Last edited:

AproSamurai

Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
I can confirm this is working fine on non-Sprint devices - Using a Galaxy S II in New Zealand. Thanks much for the upload and tutorial, I have native Swype and am a beta tester, but this version worth the latest features and elegant theme is delightful.

Not a problem at all. :) Thanks for confirmation man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guys, but I've been contacted by Swype and they've asked me to take it down, which I can wholeheartedly respect. They've said that they would release a beta version of it later this week to the registered testers. So I formally am going to take it down and request for the thread to be closed. I hope I was of some help. :)
    Ok, I downloaded the file before takedown and works on desire hd / inspire 4g with Cyanogenmod. Does anybody know how to put some more languages support? It supposedly offers english AND spanish, but choosing spanish reverts back to english immediately.

Thx

The Galaxy Ace might be an MDPI device, which means the keyboard is too large for it. Before changing ANY files to your device, you should always create a backup.