No longer booting with Magisk installed

Search This thread

user822

Apr 6, 2013
Hi,

I have a rather odd problem:
My phone simply does not boot when Magisk is installed

Installed Magisk 20.0 on Stock 10.0.1-GM21BA a while ago and everything was fine.

Today it won't boot any more (stuck on the warning that my bootloader is unlocked, then bounces to fastboot)
As soon as I uninstall Magisk from TWRP it boots again
Then I Install Magisk 20.1 from TWRP, it does not boot.
Then I uninstall Magisk 20.1 from TWRP, it boots again
Then I flash the pre-patched boot image from here and it does not boot again
Then I flash the stock boot image from here and it boots again
I also tried installing Magisk without dm-verity (only forceencrypt), still not booting beyond unlock warning and fastboot

Does someone know what is going on with my phone :confused:
Can I root it without Magisk?

Thank you for any help

Last edited:
Reactions: tolol

djhulk2

Nov 15, 2010
had same problem.i reflashed stock and locked bootloader back to offical, andriod 10 lets twrp work but not masgik. i even used magisk manager to patch file and flashed that file to have no more root

Reactions: user822
Hmm.
Try this with twrp v70
1. Boot to twrp
2. Flash the full a10.0.1 rom
3. Flash twrp v70
4. Reboot to twrp
5. Flash magisk v20.
Reboot
Thats what i do if something is wrong.. i always reflash a rom..

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Re flashing a rom also saved my friend's phone..after flashing boot.img for rooting purposes..he always boot without a wifi. So we dirty flash a rom.first . Then using that same rom that we flashed.. we extrscted its boot.img then patched it with magisk. Then re flashed.. then boom.. its working now..
Reflashing the full a10.0.1 rom.solved the issue..

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

My idea here is that
Flash the rom..
Then using the rom that you just flashed..
Get its boot.img.. then patch it then flash it again.. it will now boot. I havent tried directly flashing a patched boot.img without reflashing the rom first..

coolguy001

Aug 25, 2007
I met the same problem this morning. Did the following thing to let phone boot with magisk.

1. install magisk 74
2. install Magisk-uninstaller-20200110.zip
3. reboot magisk
4. install magisk-v20.3.zip
5. boot system

tuff3r

Oct 19, 2012
Did anyone figure out how to fix this issue? I have tmobile and after updating to 9.5.5 and installing magisk it works until I reboot again and then it hangs and goes to fastboot. I try to narrow down the problem and it happens after I install adaway maybe after I choose system less. Or after installing YouTubevanced. Idk what I'm doing

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
Did anyone find a fix to this ? I'm having the exact same issue.

Flashing magisk 20.4 gives a bootloop. Uninstalling via TWRP allows me to boot to system. No overlays no modules etc,everything uninstalled but still cant boot with magisk. Have I missed something? The only solution I can find is factory reset and begin again, which I can do but as a last resort.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have a rather odd problem:
    My phone simply does not boot when Magisk is installed

Installed Magisk 20.0 on Stock 10.0.1-GM21BA a while ago and everything was fine.

Today it won't boot any more (stuck on the warning that my bootloader is unlocked, then bounces to fastboot)
    As soon as I uninstall Magisk from TWRP it boots again
    Then I Install Magisk 20.1 from TWRP, it does not boot.
    Then I uninstall Magisk 20.1 from TWRP, it boots again
    Then I flash the pre-patched boot image from here and it does not boot again
    Then I flash the stock boot image from here and it boots again
    I also tried installing Magisk without dm-verity (only forceencrypt), still not booting beyond unlock warning and fastboot

Does someone know what is going on with my phone :confused:
    Can I root it without Magisk?

Thank you for any help
    D
    Deleted member 7671171
    Try TWRP 70
    Maybe you're on twrp v71... Try reverting to the older v70
    had same problem.i reflashed stock and locked bootloader back to offical, andriod 10 lets twrp work but not masgik. i even used magisk manager to patch file and flashed that file to have no more root