• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No love for /e/?

Search This thread

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Ever since I got this device, I have been wondering why there's hardly any mention of /e/ (i.e., epsilon) being officially supported?

Yep, I know the designation is somewhat awkward but this is a full A10 Lineage based ROM supporting microG, ready to be downloaded and installed.

/e/OS is an open-source mobile operating system paired with carefully selected applications. They form a privacy-enabled internal system for your smartphone. And it’s not just claims: open-source means auditable privacy.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Ever since I got this device, I have been wondering why there's hardly any mention of /e/ (i.e., epsilon) being officially supported?

Yep, I know the designation is somewhat awkward but this is a full A10 Lineage based ROM supporting microG, ready to be downloaded and installed.

i remember testing 2 builds (maybe unofficial)

it's designed for the people who have limited knowledge and just want a "privacy rom" ready to go
it is good. and that's it

but not enough for me since i do a LOT of customisation
and have enough knowledge to duplicate the same environment in RRos ...

Reactions: pnin

sabei

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks for that. Must admit i looked last year and don't remember seeing the note 8 added otherwise I may have looked at using it.
Unfortunately just using any custom rom does not seem to stop Xiaomi data leakage plus they seem to have more issues then some other custom roms.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Thanks for that. Must admit i looked last year and don't remember seeing the note 8 added otherwise I may have looked at using it.
Unfortunately just using any custom rom does not seem to stop Xiaomi data leakage plus they seem to have more issues then some other custom roms.
there is no data leak if you don't use gapps

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Even if you use microG?
How do they stop the data that other custom Roms don't seem to like the Network stack mentioned in the other thread?
the reason MicroG was created is to prevent the data collection done by google
and about network stack : i said how it work, (and that's the way in all android) and there is no data leak in any custom rom unless it comes with gapps

sabei

Jul 9, 2020
the reason MicroG was created is to prevent the data collection done by google
yes and the only reason I have it is for one app that needs it unfortunately otherwise I would not bother.
and there is no data leak in any custom rom unless it comes with gapps
I wish I could believe that. From what I have read, and it seems logical, if the custom ROM is built on certain manufacturers firmware then that firmware may be leaking data.

I would be very happy to have that proven incorrect but have read numerous posts in the past on the AFWall+ thread with people complaining specifically about Xiaomi.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
yes and the only reason I have it is for one app that needs it unfortunately otherwise I would not bother.
what app is that ?

people complaining specifically about Xiaomi.
if you use miui = yes, otherwise = no

From what I have read

there is big differance between "read" and "experiment"
this dude already did experiment a degoogled nexus phone and another one runing lineage with his router and some special equipment (raspberry pi stuff) to see if there is any leak to any server but didn't find any thing
watch his old videos to learn about what going on ...

Reactions: sabei

Top Liked Posts