• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No more OP 9 Pro updates?

Search This thread

jwarrior319

I like how people actually think theres a decent alternative to oneplus these days. At least not in the US. Maybe google if the pixel 6 is actually premium/flagship this time. Otherwise theres no other brand with an unlockable bootloader, which is how they get away with so much bloat. Personally im fine of oneplus becomes a little more like the others as long as the hardware is premium and the bootloader is unlockable.

BrainstormPL

Feb 17, 2014
Poznań
9 Pro is my first and last phone from OP if they can't get they BS sorted out. The phone has horrible battery life, scrolling issues, and it doesn't get better with next updates. Also, wtf is that BS with the bi-monthly update scheudle? A device like this should be fixed ASAP, the users are experiencing problems and neet to wait, the hell is that policy? Would they wait 2 months to release an update if someone would find a security bug too? So stupid. Get your **** together OnePlus.

Reactions: bencozzy and Jomsha

Jomsha

Jun 18, 2021
9 Pro is my first and last phone from OP if they can't get they BS sorted out. The phone has horrible battery life, scrolling issues, and it doesn't get better with next updates. Also, wtf is that BS with the bi-monthly update scheudle? A device like this should be fixed ASAP, the users are experiencing problems and neet to wait, the hell is that policy? Would they wait 2 months to release an update if someone would find a security bug too? So stupid. Get your **** together OnePlus.
Word.

Reactions: bencozzy

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
You might get better results calling/chatting with Oneplus about your issues instead of ranting on a XDA forum about issues that not everyone is experiencing. Tired of the loud hating trolls in this forum. If you hate the device so much sell it and move on. PLEASE.

bencozzy

Feb 28, 2011
Columbus OH
You might get better results calling/chatting with Oneplus about your issues instead of ranting on a XDA forum about issues that not everyone is experiencing. Tired of the loud hating trolls in this forum. If you hate the device so much sell it and move on. PLEASE.
OnePlus customer support runs you in circles asking for screenshots of field service mode showing temps. Then tells you to factory reset and not set up a Google account then get screenshots of temps again. Then will ask if you sideloaded any apps and if you're sure you skipped adding a Google account ask for screen shots of the accounts screen to see if your lying. Then never get back to you. Then several months later follows up ask if you've updated the FW runs through same steps then two weeks later ask you to RMA.

Reactions: BrainstormPL

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus customer support runs you in circles asking for screenshots of field service mode showing temps. Then tells you to factory reset and not set up a Google account then get screenshots of temps again. Then will ask if you sideloaded any apps and if you're sure you skipped adding a Google account ask for screen shots of the accounts screen to see if your lying. Then never get back to you. Then several months later follows up ask if you've updated the FW runs through same steps then two weeks later ask you to RMA.
Then it sounds like you should sell the device and move on. Then you can join that device's forum and complain about it's problems because I guarantee you'll find something you're not happy with it too.

BrainstormPL

Feb 17, 2014
Poznań
Do you think that I haven't reported any of the issues? I did, but as @bencozzy said, their support is pathetic. I won't spend 2 hours taking and sending them logs they proceed to ignore. They even asked me to send SCREENSHOTS OF LAGGY SCROLLING. Good luck with that.
I'm tired of victim blaming honestly. Yes, probably every phone has their problems, but 9 Pro as a flagship has ones visible as soon as you start using it what is unacceptable in this price range, and support seems to be ignoring those issues completely. I won't be selling the device for half price I bought it two months ago, I'm not a millionaire, I just want it to work like it should from the beggining, and that's why you are calling me a troll. Go on, praise OnePlus.

Reactions: bencozzy

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you think that I haven't reported any of the issues? I did, but as @bencozzy said, their support is pathetic. I won't spend 2 hours taking and sending them logs they proceed to ignore. They even asked me to send SCREENSHOTS OF LAGGY SCROLLING. Good luck with that.
I'm tired of victim blaming honestly. Yes, probably every phone has their problems, but 9 Pro as a flagship has ones visible as soon as you start using it what is unacceptable in this price range, and support seems to be ignoring those issues completely. I won't be selling the device for half price I bought it two months ago, I'm not a millionaire, I just want it to work like it should from the beggining, and that's why you are calling me a troll. Go on, praise OnePlus.
Funny, I haven't experienced ANY problems. I'm not a fan boy either. This is my first OnePlus device. Zero issues. I'm just saying y'all aren't accomplishing anything whining on an XDA thread and it's getting old.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
You could go with the 9. It's much better in my opinion. Went from a 9 pro,well bricked it completely then broke in half, to a 9. Warrantied my first 9 and said I won't get another 9. Here I am with another one. Could t be more happy with the 9. A few trade offs like the size and storage. Other than that it's been more reliable. That's just my opinion. Try it and see if you like it better. I get bametter battery life and no lags or anything

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
With Android 12 around the corner, why would OnePlus waste any more time on Android 11?
Yeah, I kinda just assumed this was the case. Unless some major security issue or MAJOR performance bug (NOT talking about slight lagginess, stutter, etc) popped up, I don't know why they'd put the resources into another 11 build when they're already working on a 12 build. Google's Android 12 just went into its last beta and google's official version has been stated to be released in a few weeks. Probably wouldn't be too long after that when we see something from 1+ about their plans or a new 12 beta/release.

jwarrior319

Android 12 beta 5 released this days... So, it should be close, but is not! I read that stable Android 12 wil be on OnePlus will be in first 1/4 of 2022
Yup, we should see open beta by end of this year though. 9 series should get official around January-February being the newest/flagship followed by 8 series in March-April. Im expecting Nord series to be 2nd quarter '22 since there the budget devices.

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
WTF? That sounds like Samsung 5 Years ago! It's my first OnePlus, never digged deep into the forums, but fanboys gave me the impression it's the next best thing after Pixel/Nexus when it comes to updates.

I don't mind monthly security pacthes. bimonthly is ok, but they should not come in the end of the month, means you are basically always on an old patch level. that gives hackers two months of time for attacking.

i haven't received any updates yet, still on july while many midclass samsung phones received already the september patch. Hope this means the next patch is a quality patch, could need it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like how people actually think theres a decent alternative to oneplus these days. At least not in the US. Maybe google if the pixel 6 is actually premium/flagship this time. Otherwise theres no other brand with an unlockable bootloader, which is how they get away with so much bloat. Personally im fine of oneplus becomes a little more like the others as long as the hardware is premium and the bootloader is unlockable.
    Ain't no updates that can save this POS.
    Get a life.. go buy an iphone or something and quit trolling
    Unfortunately they only update bi-monthly.
    I saw a user suggest on their official forums basically say "hey guys, how about monthly updates like your competition?" in a friendly way, and a mod basically said **** off and closed the thread. I wasn't impressed.
    This was my first OnePlus device, maybe my last.
    That 12 Beta debacle was ridiculous.
    This was my third and last op device.
    After having the 7, 8, & 9 Pro, I will be leaving the building as well!