No OREO in march either

Search This thread

robinjnrocks

Apr 18, 2015
Yes I understand what's your point is, but Motorola was a company which provide fastest Android update, back days it beats even Google Nexus devices,

And now days Motorola just launched phone with Android 7.0 and push only one update which will be 8.0 not 8.1 and that's it, your Android support is finished,

Asus company which I always bash them for not giving Android update, but they Android 8.0 update which is a highly customised Asus phone, where all Motorola phones are pure stock Android but they still didn't able to give an Android 8.0 I am not even asking 8.1 in 8 months,

And forget about everything which I always says about Motorola which is quality control issues hardware issues screen burn issue screen flickering issue.

In 2016 my family has 8 Motorola phones
Which includes
Moto G3
Moto G3 Turbo
Moto G
Moto e
Moto e 2nd generation
Moto X play
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G4

But now only I own a Moto G5 Plus and my brother Moto G4 Plus that's it everyone ditched Motorola phones, and they are not even planning to buy a new Motorola device.

I hope Motorola fix their Android update and security patch update issue and improve some quality control issue then I think still Motorola is a brand still very good company until Lenovo don't ruin it.

I was a Motorola fan,

Kdemwa

Sep 27, 2015
New Delhi
March Patch Security Update Roll Out Everywhere on Moto G5S plus (Note:- G5S plus) but No Update In Moto G5 plus :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180328-224942.png
    Screenshot_20180328-224942.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 531

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
What i don't like about custom rom's is that they change some stuff (charging off) and other stuff remains stock (low battery advise when device is off) and that makes me crazy.. i prefer an outdated os but all stock than a new os with mixed stuff.. that's why i can't stand windows computers UI...
Depends on what rom you choose and what you expect from it...

Reactions: riggerman0421

M1810

Jul 6, 2017
Santa Fe
Depends on what rom you choose and what you expect from it...

Well, most of them does this.. i'm talking about the animations of charging when the device is off.. maybe i missed some, but all the lne's that i used kept the lineageos battery charging.. but when you got no ppwer and try to turn it on it uses the stocl motorola animation.. it's a detail but for some people like me it drives us nuts haha..
Of course this is nothing against the ROM's.. if it wasn't for then we wouldn't have any choice sther than the damn slow motorola update policy..

M1810

Jul 6, 2017
Santa Fe
Yeah.. i became less and less friky about oreo.. it will come when it comes.. hopefully by the end if abril as some rumours (which i don't have sources, just heard) indicate..
I'll plan to stick to devices that keep the bezzel as i don't like the full display..

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Bonn, Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Yeah.. i became less and less friky about oreo.. it will come when it comes.. hopefully by the end if abril as some rumours (which i don't have sources, just heard) indicate..
I'll plan to stick to devices that keep the bezzel as i don't like the full display..
There were some new leaks about the Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play yesterday and according to experience more leaks suggest that a release is about to come in the near future. And when Lenovo handles it like with the Moto G4 in the past these devices will ship with Oreo and we will get it a bit later too.
But at the end of the day this is all reading coffee grounds.
And I agree, I don't want a beezel less display also no notch and even not a 18x9 display.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

firefreeze234

Dec 2, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
How about the Xiaomi A1? Is that any good?
Xiaomi is good , but it had its own fair share of issues lately, like the major bugs on the Oreo update .
If you are planning on buying a new phone I advise you stay away from mia1 bcoz it is scheduled to get just 1 major update next and most of the phones launching in 2018 will also get the update . Moreover mia1 is using a fairly old snapdragon 625 whereas most midrange phones launching in 2018 are having 630 , even 636 .

VK16

Jun 25, 2017
Ahmedabad
G5 Plus Issues

Guys!! Are you guys having issues like strange restarts or phone heating? Even back camera doesn't launch, too many issues. What shall i do??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol

Android P Preview released and we still didn't get an Oreo update

Never buying any Moto/Lenovo smartphone again
    I would go for custom ROM.. but i'll lose 10% of my camera quality and i won't have stock moto apps which i like..
    Anyway, considering how P looks by now, i prefer ore a hundred times.. let's see how this goes until august
    Not true, you could always just use one of the HDR+ ports which really improve camera quality
    I got good news for you all!
    https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS126800
    No oreo in march either, just a nice security patch..
    Who said that security update and Oreo can't be in the same month? A little more optimism. ;)
    The Moto g5s+ just got an update to 8.1 announced so hopefully the g5+ will be soon after that. I'm really excited that they made the decision to skip 8.0, hopefully that means they're listening to customer feedback, although it could just be due to too many problems with 8.0 (not complaining either way).

SOURCE:
    https://support.motorola.com/us/en/Solution/MS129979

EDIT: Apologies for the lame copypasta of my comment from another thread, esp. if you're subscribed to both
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone