No Oreo Update for Honor 8??

Search This thread

ayush rao

Jul 5, 2015
Kuwait
As mentioned before, boi, we want the full fledged oreo update!!!
No BS nougat ports, no s****y emui 8 features, we want the Android 8 OS upgrade with all its little under the hood fixes that people like you don't get.

Also fo AA website today: https://www.androidauthority.com/ho...834574/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds
Alright I might sound a little salty here but have u ever used Oreo before? I have it and it isn't great. PiP is just over hyped. Notifications dots are available on any launcher like Nova and people claiming that it greatly improves battery life and performance are saying that because of placebo effect. On a 1.5 year old phone Oreo might actually do more harm than good. Further abt the 2 years of updates, they clearly state that for the first year new features will be added and for the next year updates will be given to maintain performance. If u read the heading of an article from a random site who'll definitely make such a claim to attract viewers and believed that u will get 2 versions of Android it is ur fault.
Of course it would be nice to get treble but it isn't the end of this phone if we don't get Oreo, especially when they r promising they'll give security patches.
App incompatibility due to running older versions of Android is an issue I guarantee u will NEVER face. In fact it might be the complete opposite since most developers won't be bothered to update their app to meet the newer API standards so Oreo won't make a difference there.

So please I understand u feel cheated but u paid close to around $400 and that too in 2016, so be grateful that u r recieving updates. The phones u r comparing it to r flagships, if u compared the Honor 8 to a 2016 Samsung mid-ranger u'd be surprised to see that we have recieved alot more updates and atleast Honor still cares abt this device enough to inform it's customers abt it's future.

https://store.hihonor.com/us/software-update-policy
Here is from official site.
I guess you're right,but 90%of prople who read "two year updates" tought 2 OS updates.
If you are trying to get customers to buy your product with that tricky promisses, then you are defenitely not a moral manufacter, i know most of them aren't(especially Chinese), but there are some fair manufractures and people would stick to them. No wonder why some people never heard of anything except Sammy and iPhone. They bought it, paid a little more cash, never had a problem with it, get regular software updates(not freaking security patches) and don't need crappy Huawei/Honor in their lives.
It is the ignorance of customers to not read the whole page. IT IS CLEARLY GIVEN IN THEIR PAGE and I read it when I purchased the phone. The only reason Samsung is successful is their clever marketing. Compare the Honor 8 to a Samsung mid-ranger and u'll see that the performance on this thing is amazing and software updates are way better than what Samsung is doing.

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

infernalhotdog7777

Jan 18, 2017
Alright I might sound a little salty here but have u ever used Oreo before? I have it and it isn't great. PiP is just over hyped. Notifications dots are available on any launcher like Nova and people claiming that it greatly improves battery life and performance are saying that because of placebo effect. On a 1.5 year old phone Oreo might actually do more harm than good. Further abt the 2 years of updates, they clearly state that for the first year new features will be added and for the next year updates will be given to maintain performance. If u read the heading of an article from a random site who'll definitely make such a claim to attract viewers and believed that u will get 2 versions of Android it is ur fault.
Of course it would be nice to get treble but it isn't the end of this phone if we don't get Oreo, especially when they r promising they'll give security patches.
App incompatibility due to running older versions of Android is an issue I guarantee u will NEVER face. In fact it might be the complete opposite since most developers won't be bothered to update their app to meet the newer API standards so Oreo won't make a difference there.

So please I understand u feel cheated but u paid close to around $400 and that too in 2016, so be grateful that u r recieving updates. The phones u r comparing it to r flagships, if u compared the Honor 8 to a 2016 Samsung mid-ranger u'd be surprised to see that we have recieved alot more updates and atleast Honor still cares abt this device enough to inform it's customers abt it's future.

It is the ignorance of customers to not read the whole page. IT IS CLEARLY GIVEN IN THEIR PAGE and I read it when I purchased the phone. The only reason Samsung is successful is their clever marketing. Compare the Honor 8 to a Samsung mid-ranger and u'll see that the performance on this thing is amazing and software updates are way better than what Samsung is doing.
Latest Security patches what a joke ????? ?

Attachments

• IMG_20180204_004114.png
    IMG_20180204_004114.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 461
Reactions: Vysakh M Nair

hackslash

Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
Redmi K20 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Seems i'm the only person on here who wants Oreo On our Honor 8 for Substratum purposes.
Not a fan of EMUI Themes

What. You want Oreo for substratum support. There's still legacy support available for EMUI 5 and it works great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180204-105730.jpg
    Screenshot_20180204-105730.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot_20180204-105750.jpg
    Screenshot_20180204-105750.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 294

flip360

Dec 22, 2009
Skopje
Your saltiness is excused.

Anyway i have used Oreo on my N5X and its certainly better than Nougat in every bit and piece.

The BS that they are giving us comes from their laziness and unwillingness to just update the H8 to the latest Android version because, you guessed it, they want us to buy a new phone. BS!!!

As i said before, there's not a single obstacle, hw or software wise for the H8 to not get Android 8 upgrade.

All of this nonsence about Oreo features on Nougat or emui8 features on emui5, backporting, security "updates" which are not really updates, and even they are not in sync in different countries, lying with xda about collaborating just for one phone that is more than able?

Sounds to me like they are the worst company EVER!

I paid as much as they wanted for their FLAGSHIP phone, don't tell me its a midranger according to the price.
Honor and Huawei should be ASHAMED for treating their customers like this.

#honornevermore

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

It's no leak, Honor UK are pursuing on twitter that the 9 and 8 Pro are getting Oreo from now onwards.

We will be getting an update but it's still going to be 7.0 just with some emui 8.0 features which is a load of crap as Huawei are giving Oreo to the mate 8 which is identical Soc to ours.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Where's it's said that mate 8 getting Oreo?

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Seems i'm the only person on here who wants Oreo On our Honor 8 for Substratum purposes.
Not a fan of EMUI Themes
As of now substratum doesn't help much anyway since themes are built for the open source versions instead of emui

ayush rao

Jul 5, 2015
Kuwait
Your saltiness is excused.

Anyway i have used Oreo on my N5X and its certainly better than Nougat in every bit and piece.

The BS that they are giving us comes from their laziness and unwillingness to just update the H8 to the latest Android version because, you guessed it, they want us to buy a new phone. BS!!!

As i said before, there's not a single obstacle, hw or software wise for the H8 to not get Android 8 upgrade.

All of this nonsence about Oreo features on Nougat or emui8 features on emui5, backporting, security "updates" which are not really updates, and even they are not in sync in different countries, lying with xda about collaborating just for one phone that is more than able?

Sounds to me like they are the worst company EVER!

I paid as much as they wanted for their FLAGSHIP phone, don't tell me its a midranger according to the price.
Honor and Huawei should be ASHAMED for treating their customers like this.

#honornevermore
Really Oreo on my Nexus 5X has been really crappy. The phone hangs all the time and the battery life isnt as good as it used to be.

I get how u're annoyed abt the updates from Huawei but it's the case with any other company in android. OnePlus seems to be doing a decent job for now but once they become really successful I'm really sure they're going to start ****ing with us like Huawei. Samsung, Motorola, Lenovo, etc. everybody does it.

L

LastStandingDroid

Really Oreo on my Nexus 5X has been really crappy. The phone hangs all the time and the battery life isnt as good as it used to be.

I get how u're annoyed abt the updates from Huawei but it's the case with any other company in android. OnePlus seems to be doing a decent job for now but once they become really successful I'm really sure they're going to start ****ing with us like Huawei. Samsung, Motorola, Lenovo, etc. everybody does it.

I must say that must been a **** release you got of oreo because it doesn't hang anywhere on honor 8 pro. Runs really smooth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jesus. Sell ​​Honor 8 and buy Honor 9 if you so wish Oreo. You're really boring. You will get OREO and 50% faster device.

Or better yet, sell your Honor 8 and don't buy an Honor phone next time.
    Guys, i don't mean to food speculation, i just want to inform you that Honor Italy today told me that B401 (January Security Patches) update it's on the way for Italian models of H8 (So we're talking about EU variants) and then confirmed that actually only EMUI 8.0 features (not even Emui itself let me understand) will be ported to Honor 8 and assured that even if Oreo will not come (they're still unsure about this) will surely have all the major features of oreo. What a shame. However i'm attaching the screenshot. Just...it's in italian so could be useless for most of you but i wish to add "sources" to my speech.
    This is my first and last honor :)
    What is not BS? Closed iPhone? In whose same icons do you look till you die? Or Samsung who has any old grandma around you? Because they did not hear anything except Samsung.

I am Huawei fan since Honor 8. Since then I tought like "Samsung is for close-minded people." So last year, beetwen H8 and A5(2017) i've chosen H8, and what a silly fool was I. Everyone who tells that "Oreo is not important, Nougat works great" should really try to understand that we don't fu*king want Oreo just so i can tell that it has oreo and beacuse we think oreo will make H8 brand new..
    It is beacuse of two thing, firstly everyone who has brain can undestand that newer softwer is in every way better, every new app will be developed to work on newest software and eventually some apps may not be available for Nougat or won't work good and fast enough like on Oreo, and without newer software this phone will probably soon get more and more unusable..
    Secondly, if Honor said that they will provide 2 major OS upgrades, wtf Huawei, how money-hungry can you be that you don't undestand that breaking that kind of promises will make you loose way more money than you will earn. I saw so many comments where people say "never again huawei"..
    So, I hope I explained why I want Oreo.
    I'm not buying another Honor/Hauwei Phone...

and definitely going to advise people to stay away from these brands. Lots of broken promises in terms of supporting their flagship for 2 years.