• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No os on phone(twrp wont run when i boot in fastboot)please help!!

Search This thread

anntaoo95

Oct 5, 2019
so i permanetly installed twrp and was trying to put on a custom rom. I wiped everything and now twrp wont boot at all from the boot loader. i tried the temporary boot in fast boot and it still wont boot and i have no recovery os. PLEASE help to get andoid ten back on or anything i cant afford to loose this phone !

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
so i permanetly installed twrp and was trying to put on a custom rom. I wiped everything and now twrp wont boot at all from the boot loader. i tried the temporary boot in fast boot and it still wont boot and i have no recovery os. PLEASE help to get andoid ten back on or anything i cant afford to loose this phone !

TWRP is not compatible with Android 10. I hope someone can help you out.

anntaoo95

Oct 5, 2019
i have twrp on my phone but cant install any apps the boot loader never shows up i keep getting error 7s when trying to install a rom. i just want to get the factory os back on. THere has to be a way

anntaoo95

Oct 5, 2019
Thanks so much.so i tried flashing the os before and it failed. this time i went back and copied and pasted the fastboot files into the os folder with the script. It worked perdectly. I really want to put roms on my phone. I think i may have messed something up when installing twerp and formating and wiping the data

calinorg

Afaik, twrp is not (yet) installable, so you'd have to
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
every time to access twrp. Android 10 is still very young, so have a little patience, and in couple of months you'll have plenty of fun with ROMs :)
And congrats for success, even if it is returning to stock.

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Android 10 is still very young, so have a little patience.
To be honest, I doubt TWRP will ever fully work on Q for the newer pixel devices. We have a logical partitioning system so it's impossible to mount /system /vendor and /product to be writable.

From what I've been hearing, custom rom developers have just been flashing their ROMs while in stock recovery. I'm going to assume that'll be the norm when Q ROMs are released for us.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: jmtjr278

calinorg

I do believe someone will come up with a solution. If John wu managed to get magisk working (and rooting is ever so harder with new Android partitioning system), I don't see why couldn't we have twrp. Maybe it won't be installable, but it could work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 is still very young, so have a little patience.
    To be honest, I doubt TWRP will ever fully work on Q for the newer pixel devices. We have a logical partitioning system so it's impossible to mount /system /vendor and /product to be writable.

From what I've been hearing, custom rom developers have just been flashing their ROMs while in stock recovery. I'm going to assume that'll be the norm when Q ROMs are released for us.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs