No ota updates after installing Magisk

Search This thread

adrianppa

Apr 17, 2009
Hi,

After installing Magisk i no longer receive OTA Updates. The safety net checks are ok. How can i fix this?
Thanks.

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Hi,

After installing Magisk i no longer receive OTA Updates. The safety net checks are ok. How can i fix this?
Thanks.

AFAIK, your only choices are to sideload the OTA from https://developers.google.com/android/ota and re-root. You can also flash the factory image and re-root. Be sure to remove the -w from flash-all.bat/sh so you don't wipe your data. I prefer the factory image method. You can patch boot.img before flashing the image, which makes re-rooting a bit easier. I believe there have been some reports of OTA working again after flashing the factory image.

Reactions: alln

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
well you have root duh lol, off course otas will fail, at least they dont install unlike old times when install would be error

there are many ways to install but this is the easiest for me every month

each month download full system image
copy boot to phone and patch it with magisk apk, copy back to pc
apply full system image flash all.bat but remove the -w from the .bat (Edit the bat)
this will install the lastest ota but you wont lose any data or settings, everything well be okay
root is lost, now you have to root again
boot magisk boot image
apply direct install in magisk apk
restart

this has to be done every month

you can also uninstall magisk every month and let the ota download and install but that is even slower and annoying, this is how is done

Reactions: is.song

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks.

AFAIK, your only choices are to sideload the OTA from https://developers.google.com/android/ota and re-root. You can also flash the factory image and re-root. Be sure to remove the -w from flash-all.bat/sh so you don't wipe your data. I prefer the factory image method. You can patch boot.img before flashing the image, which makes re-rooting a bit easier. I believe there have been some reports of OTA working again after flashing the factory image.
    well you have root duh lol, off course otas will fail, at least they dont install unlike old times when install would be error

there are many ways to install but this is the easiest for me every month

each month download full system image
    copy boot to phone and patch it with magisk apk, copy back to pc
    apply full system image flash all.bat but remove the -w from the .bat (Edit the bat)
    this will install the lastest ota but you wont lose any data or settings, everything well be okay
    root is lost, now you have to root again
    boot magisk boot image
    apply direct install in magisk apk
    restart

this has to be done every month

you can also uninstall magisk every month and let the ota download and install but that is even slower and annoying, this is how is done