Question No OTA's if you change CSC from carrier to unbranded EUX or EUY - S22 series

Search This thread

tsilva30

Hello everyone.
After succesfully changed my branded S22 from MEO (Portugal) for the unbranded EUX two months ago I'm not receiveing EUX OTA's despite it's release.
I always tend to flash the firmware through ODIN after 2/3 days of waiting.

I know I'm not alone in this matter as I saw other users with the same problem at this forum. Some help on this would be highly appreciatted.

Edit: This only happens if you change from a carrier branded firmware to EUX or EUY unbranded firmwares using any tool, not exclusive to Samkey or Samfw free tool. Smartswitch don't detect any update too.​

If you jump between branded CSC's you still get OTA's.​

Some configuration may be needed to get OTA's for EUX CSC if it didn't came as EUX from factory, but until now no clues.

Thanks
Screenshot_20220607-115352_Settings.jpg

Last edited:

allanbds

Aug 20, 2009
Hello,

I'm in the same boat as a lot of S21Fe-S22 owners...
Since my switch from CSC SFR (France) to EUX on my S22 Ultra SM-S908B, no OTA update. I originally was on the SFR_AVDA firmware. Now I'm stuck on the EUX_AVDB (manually flashed with Odin before CSC switch) firmware while the AVEH is available since more than a week now.

Hoekkiepa

Dec 21, 2012
Den Helder
Got the same issue, I've got EUX/-/EUX/TNL and still on May update. There are 2 June updates out, latest is AVF1
HI,
#metoo, i'm on EUX/-/EUX/TNL, but no update for me.

Flashed my s22 ultra today with S908BXXU2AVEH_S908BOXM2AVEH_EUX , only to note that there's a new update for it (S908BXXU2AVF1_S908BOXM2AVF1_EUX downloading as i write).

Has it something to do with the CSC being TNL?
Any change we can change the CSC? (I don't know how. Any help is welcome)

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Used home_csc when flashing?
HI,
#metoo, i'm on EUX/-/EUX/TNL, but no update for me.

Flashed my s22 ultra today with S908BXXU2AVEH_S908BOXM2AVEH_EUX , only to note that there's a new update for it (S908BXXU2AVF1_S908BOXM2AVF1_EUX downloading as i write).

Has it something to do with the CSC being TNL?
Any change we can change the CSC? (I don't know how. Any help is welcome)

allanbds

Aug 20, 2009
With home_csc you'll keep the same
But what happens if you use the other csc file, it will wipe data, but will it make EUX/-/EUX/EUX? (If you leave out your sim card)
As far as I know, CSC just wipe the device for a clean install. HOME_CSC keeps them as a classic OTA.

I have tried both, and same results.

In fact, you can't change the two last CSC codes, they are hardcoded and are just indicative. The only codes which really matter are active ones. The 2 first so.

The last is the original CSC code of the device, and the one before is the selling region the phone is destined.

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
As far as I know, CSC just wipe the device for a clean install. HOME_CSC keeps them as a classic OTA.

I have tried both, and same results.

In fact, you can't change the two last CSC codes, they are hardcoded and are just indicative. The only codes which really matter are active ones. The 2 first so.

The last is the original CSC code of the device, and the one before is the selling region the phone is destined.
Than I wonder why I didn't receive the June update, while some others already received 2 June updates

allanbds

Aug 20, 2009
Than I wonder why I didn't receive the June update, while some others already received 2 June updates
Nobody know.. That's strange, never had any issue with S21+ and before. But it seems to be problematic (for OTA) since S21Fe and more.

Just to be sure, did you get any previous OTA before these last two ones (with CSC modified) ? Or never since the switch ?

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Nobody know.. That's strange, never had any issue with S21+ and before. But it seems to be problematic (for OTA) since S21Fe and more.

Just to be sure, did you get any previous OTA before these last two ones (with CSC modified) ? Or never since the switch ?

When I got the phone, there was already an OTA, but I didn't get it.
So I flashed with Odin. After that I had 2 OTA's, one 3 days after the people who get it immediately and May OTA I had the same day. But no OTA now.

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I get failed immediately when I try to flash with Odin.. usb debugging is enabled. Using home_csc
SW rev check failed device 0x2 binary 0x1

Maybe I found the problem, with Frija I got U1 firmware and with SamFirm I get U2 firmware..

Do I need to unlock bootloader, to flash firmware with Odin? @Hoekkiepa

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I changed my CSC through Samkey to SEK from SFR and I received the S908BXXS2AVDB update as soon as I changed the CSC. This update is not available for SFR yet : https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-S908B/SFR/doc.html

The june updates are not available for SEK yet but I'll let you know if I'm receiving it when it release.
    Maybe it's only for EUX that the OTA's are not working with Samkey ?
    Thank you for this good news, once again, there is hope.

I've seen an owner of an unbranded S22U that still haven't received his EUX June updates too.

And for me, even SmartSwitch never notified me for these updates (usually it should, OTA "enabled" or not).

Maybe EUX is used like a beta-test, OTA's are pushed by waves, first to a small amount of devices.
    The list of versions which can be upgraded, is changing everytime since the launch of June updates. So.. it could make sense

Here is the list (you can check for other CSC/Devices, you just have to edit URL) :
    ISO list is linked with firmware, it can contains only one or more ISO. SFR frimware only have France ISO as it is destined to France only. It may be the same for SEK. EUX got a lot of ISO's as it is a firmware for all unbranded phones in Europe. So if SEK don't have more than 1 ISO, it will always be like that.
    Yeah, it looks like that. Although having and flashing a Multi CSC (OXM) firmware on my (changed to) SEK CSC device limits my ISO choice to 'null', meaning UA (Ukrainian).

My
    Code:
    sales code = SEK(true) / country iso = UA(null)
    proves it to me, as in my unchanged Dutch S10 the country iso is NL(null) and it also does not offer me choices starting the CountrySelectionActivity activity.