No push notifications in standby

Search This thread
Nov 17, 2006
Hi together,

I don't get push notification fro Whattsapp Messages and Aquamail mails in standby. After unlocking the Screen, all notifications are coming...
I already tried to deactivate batter optimization...it doesn't help.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
Frank

tCC

Jan 8, 2005

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
I've tried all the suggestions here and still have trouble. I'd leave my phone for an hour or so, turn the screen on and a whole bunch of notifications come pouring in from WhatsApp, Gmail, Messenger etc.

My settings are:

1. Apps -> Apps -> Special Access -> Battery Optimisation -> Not Optimised (for all my email and messaging apps)
2. Battery -> App Launch -> Manage Manually (for all my email and messaging apps)
3. Wireless & Networks -> Data Usage -> Data Saver -> Off

Is there anything else I need to do? This is a serious problem for me and quite frankly, I need to get a new phone if this keeps happening.

dudeimstoked

May 1, 2015
I've tried all the suggestions here and still have trouble. I'd leave my phone for an hour or so, turn the screen on and a whole bunch of notifications come pouring in from WhatsApp, Gmail, Messenger etc.

My settings are:

1. Apps -> Apps -> Special Access -> Battery Optimisation -> Not Optimised (for all my email and messaging apps)
2. Battery -> App Launch -> Manage Manually (for all my email and messaging apps)
3. Wireless & Networks -> Data Usage -> Data Saver -> Off

Is there anything else I need to do? This is a serious problem for me and quite frankly, I need to get a new phone if this keeps happening.

Launch app, go to recent apps, swipe down and hold app until lock icon appears, win. This worked for all of my affected apps. Good luck.

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
Launch app, go to recent apps, swipe down and hold app until lock icon appears, win. This worked for all of my affected apps. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I've already done that actually. If you don't touch your phone for say an hour, are you sure the notifications are coming in when it's sleeping and not just when you turn your screen back on?

dudeimstoked

May 1, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I've already done that actually. If you don't touch your phone for say an hour, are you sure the notifications are coming in when it's sleeping and not just when you turn your screen back on?

hmmm... sorry bro not sure. i dont have gmail, whatsapp, etc set like this because i dont need instant notifications. it worked for other apps i was having issues with not working while the screen was off (or getting turned off) like kevo, llama, and fluid ng.

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
hmmm... sorry bro not sure. i dont have gmail, whatsapp, etc set like this because i dont need instant notifications. it worked for other apps i was having issues with not working while the screen was off (or getting turned off) like kevo, llama, and fluid ng.

Thanks for your help, I've discovered the issue now. I don't remember if someone mentioned this earlier and I'm not sure how I missed it, but the issue wasn't the apps closing when the phone went to sleep (since I did everything to make sure they didn't close), the problem was that the phone would switch off LTE and/or Wifi when the screen is off. The setting that controls this is in: Settings - Battery - More Battery Settings - Stay connected when device sleeps. Make sure this is turned on (it was turned off for me before).

I feel almost certain this was turned on in the past and feel it was only turned off in one of the firmware updates. I most certainly would never have turned that off. I can't believe they would use that as a default option since I can imagine only the most battery conscious users would want that off. They should at least have an option where the phone would automatically turn data back on periodically to check for notifications. I know there are third-party apps that do this but if they're going to include an option like that built-in, they should do it properly.

Anyway, problem solved, hope this helped someone else out there.

Lexidh

Jun 15, 2018
I have the same issue, but Stay Connected is on, and has been for as long as I've had the problem (2-3 days). No new apps, no new updates, affects all my apps. Driving me nuts. Anything else than doing a full wipe left to try?

lubikem

Aug 4, 2012
Vienna
same here, till yesterday everything was working fine, i didn't install a new app, configuration of battery settings, data background running is the same, also app locked in recent to run backround as before. update i did before 3 weeks. very strange

dusun1

Mar 9, 2017
I'm very sure this problem occur since the newer software update, my device have same issue.
You can check how to remove PowerGenie (the huawei stock battery management), removing PowerGenie 'might' help you fix it.

Lexidh

Jun 15, 2018
I called Huawei and asked, and got a fix! It's not a huge lump of fun, but this is it:

Settings - System - Reset - Reset all settings

Note: all your stuff is still there after reset. Only thing that happens is that it forgets your wlans, your fingerprints, face recognition, lock screen pass/pattern, and all kinds of logins and permissions on your apps. And your apps will jump out of folders and make a hell of a mess. But it worked splendidly for me, notifications are popping up as they should, when they should. Gave me a nice chance to re-arrange my apps even.

Happy thoughts to Huawei (Norway) for having customer service available on the phone, on a regular number, and answering within a few seconds.

Saison2018

Feb 13, 2018
Quebec
I called Huawei and asked, and got a fix! It's not a huge lump of fun, but this is it:
Settings - System - Reset - Reset all settings
Note: all your stuff is still there after reset. Only thing that happens is that it forgets your wlans, your fingerprints, face recognition, lock screen pass/pattern, and all kinds of logins and permissions on your apps. And your apps will jump out of folders and make a hell of a mess. But it worked splendidly for me, notifications are popping up as they should, when they should. Gave me a nice chance to re-arrange my apps even.
Happy thoughts to Huawei (Norway) for having customer service available on the phone, on a regular number, and answering within a few seconds.

I just did it today and it was a complete lost of time. In addition of losing all settings (bluetooth, Wifi, applications and folder on launcher,...) it was not helping with notifications: no Outlook, no WhatApps, no banking app... In other word, nothing, it was worse than before.
I will continue to test settings like controlling launching applications and exclude applications from battery optimization.
"Wait and see" :)

Lexidh

Jun 15, 2018
I just did it today and it was a complete lost of time. In addition of losing all settings (bluetooth, Wifi, applications and folder on launcher,...) it was not helping with notifications: no Outlook, no WhatApps, no banking app... In other word, nothing, it was worse than before.
I will continue to test settings like controlling launching applications and exclude applications from battery optimization.
"Wait and see" :)

It has worked wonders for me at least, notifications are doing their normal thing, including sending them to my FitBit. But I guess there are all kinds of settings that can mess up your notification system =/

Saison2018

Feb 13, 2018
Quebec
It has worked wonders for me at least, notifications are doing their normal thing, including sending them to my FitBit. But I guess there are all kinds of settings that can mess up your notification system =/

Surely, and even between firmware versions.
Thanks for sharing tips.
Have a good day

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
Is it just push notifications you're not getting or are messages not coming through at all until device unlocked/app opened? I've been trying all sorts, searched "data" in settings and stumbled upon "unrestricted data access" all apps are disabled on this. Hoping next few hours will show that's me sorted finally.

Once my screens been off 15 minutes, friends WhatsApp msgs only show 1 grey tick their end until I open WhatsApp again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bobaoapae

Jun 21, 2012
Is it just push notifications you're not getting or are messages not coming through at all until device unlocked/app opened? I've been trying all sorts, searched "data" in settings and stumbled upon "unrestricted data access" all apps are disabled on this. Hoping next few hours will show that's me sorted finally.

Once my screens been off 15 minutes, friends WhatsApp msgs only show 1 grey tick their end until I open WhatsApp again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Same issue here, whatsapp don't receive any message or call when in standby. For grind just show one ✅

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Microsoft Outlook. I have it set to 'manually manage' in App Launch, but that hasn't fixed things. Any ideas please?
    Allow unlimited data access, whitelist from battery saving, and allow to run in background.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone