No Recovery on MXQ Amlogic S805

Search This thread

cramhead

Oct 29, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I have a MXQ Amlogic S805 and want to flash EmbER and install Kodi. When I hold down the reset switch and power up I never get recovery. tried holding it down for 5, 10, 30 seconds etc. It always boots to Mbox
I dont think there is any recovery install on it so I'm trying to install TWRP the recovery.img is in root but its not booting anything.

I've tried this but burntool doesn't detect the device (also tried connecting using the reset switch) (my device doesn't have a micro usb just 4 normal)

can I get help on getting recovery please?

jzonne

Jan 15, 2010
That solved my problem too. Removing the microsd did the trick. After booting into recovery simply push it back in and flash away!

Thank you so much!

Amigo62

Feb 14, 2012
Vyškov
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Hi, I have MXQ pro 4k, Amlogic s905, and I really do not find guide how to make flasch and root on this tvbox. AMLOGIC S905? Please help me, because I can not setting subtitles in right codepage. I need code page windows 1250 eastern europe. I have KODI installed.

Kamik76

Jun 24, 2009
the same things on MXQ pro S905. no recovery mode.

I bought here. - h t t p : / / aliexpress.com/item/MXQ-Pro-Android-TV-Box-Amlogic-S905-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-DDR3-1G-Nand-Flash/32500107918.html

Most likely a defective series. The seller does not respond.

Last edited:

Kamik76

Jun 24, 2009
I tried to trace the track of a button. In my opinion, there is no resistance. See photo. Maybe someone has the reference schematic of S905 board. Where should the button be connected?
h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_1.jpg
h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_2.jpg

Reactions: hookey17

tomtomxp

Sep 17, 2009
My mxq pro 4k s905 has frozen and Im trying to make a bootable sd card with am logic boot card maker but it doesn't display the sd in drop down list in tool, help!
well I managed to make a bootable sd card using Bootcardmaker but no luck and tried using usb burning tool and can get device connected but get fails with error: can't get key
fails at 1% trying to flash

Last edited:

powduh09

Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, NC
Would you mind sending me some info to help? My MXQ Pro 4k keeps freezing during playback and kicking me out to menu. Would like to install a factory image that isn't modified by the seller I bought from who won't respond. Can pm info here to : powduh09 or email, or hangouts to powduh09@gmail.com thnaks

Farkonian

Mar 12, 2010

These URLs all appear to be truncated in the middle by '...' am I missing something? Thanks.

vpandey

Dec 4, 2012
I too have a MXQ Pro+ 4K which has stucked at MBOX home screen display with distorted screen. Tried hard to get in to recovery but nothing worked. Pressing Reset button and USB Burning Tool giving no response. Its just boots to same screen again. Stock recovery is there I know (tried once when it was working) but how to get in to that when home display is frozen??

Any idea guys ??

Celalettin65

May 6, 2018
Hello I was using TWRP on my MXQ S805, first TWRP did not open I try again and start to open, than Come to FREAKTAB.COM. I pull the power cord and I started again finely start working than updating 81 files did this least 3 times than stay stock now my box only comes on PREAKTAB.COM and staying that way.
Anyone know how to open PREAKTAB.COM with SD card or solution Please
USB burning tool does not connect with MXQ S805 box and I am looking for solution please. help will nice thank you.

Luckalvez4

Dec 27, 2019
Sobre o s805

Olha eu me deparei com isso agora , oque eu fiz eu instalei no dispositivo o apk oficial do TWRP , baixei o recovery original do meu dispositivo , coloquei ele num cartao sd e pluguei, logo no apk do twrp eu instalei o recovery por lá e voltou a funcionar o recovery original

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can I get help on getting recovery please?

Maybe you had the same issue like me. If you have the microSD right from the beginning inside it doesn't work. If so remove the card, try once more and if it will work then you can put the microSD in and flash :) I took me almost 30min to discover it.

good luck
    I tried to trace the track of a button. In my opinion, there is no resistance. See photo. Maybe someone has the reference schematic of S905 board. Where should the button be connected?
    h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_1.jpg
    h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_2.jpg
    It's not your normal Android recovery. Its activates a recovery mode( when used with a computer) for easy flashing.