• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No recovery or download on SM-T500

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Seems I found a way to semi brick my SM-T500. I was attempting to install the LOS 18.1 ROM just posted in the guide section. Some how I got the "can only install official" error message on my download screen after flashing TWRP. Made the mistake of flashing only the stock AP without BL or CSC and now I can't get into either recovery or download modes. Holding vol up and down and plugging in USB cable does nothing. Same with holding power button and either vol up or down. Blank screen. Can only power on and boot to system.

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
Did you install twrp and can you get into recovery. I had similar problem but was still able to get into download mode from power off. However to do so I had to boot into twrp and select reboot and power off... from that menu you can also boot directly to download mode... I know that doesnt halp much if you hadnt installed twrp yet... but thought I would throw that out there...

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Did you install twrp and can you get into recovery. I had similar problem but was still able to get into download mode from power off. However to do so I had to boot into twrp and select reboot and power off... from that menu you can also boot directly to download mode... I know that doesnt halp much if you hadnt installed twrp yet... but thought I would throw that out there...
I can't boot TWRP or download. The only thing that will boot is system. Can't even get to the lock/unlock screen.

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
can you connect to adb shell? and try #reboot download
or #reboot twrp. I figure if you get to download you can reflash stock and start over.

Also when your trying to boot into recovery try not being plugged in. Not sure about this device but a lot of older Samsung's that I had would not let me get into recovery if I was plugged in during boot.