No recovery screen after cyanogen recovery 1.4

Search This thread

djosiah

May 20, 2009
hi i tried searching for this but couldnt really find anything on it. i tried updating to the cyanogen recovery.img 1.4 using terminal as the guide said here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=533731, however now whenever i boot into recovery, the bootloader screen comes up instead. i have tried reflashing the recovery numerous times but the problem still persists. am i doing something wrong? any help would be great. thanks in advance

also i am rooted currently running JF 1.5 rom with latest radio and hard spl.

Last edited:

djosiah

May 20, 2009
i have also tried that. once i placed the file on the sd card, i opened up terminal and typed in the command:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cm-recovery-1.4.img

after i pressed enter nothing happend on screen, so i turned off the phone and tried to boot into recover, but the bootloader screen still appears. am i typing in the wrong command or something?

borodin1

Jan 3, 2009
Minneapolis MN
Do it again and this time wait for the # to appear again. Then type reboot and hold home button while it's booting. Should take you to Cyan's awesome recovery screen

Good luck

h.nocturna

Oct 8, 2008
... Have you tried flashing it from fastboot like cyanogen recommended if you ran into any issues?

billquinn1

i have also tried that. once i placed the file on the sd card, i opened up terminal and typed in the command:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cm-recovery-1.4.img

after i pressed enter nothing happend on screen, so i turned off the phone and tried to boot into recover, but the bootloader screen still appears. am i typing in the wrong command or something?
After you open the terminal, did you type "su"?

djosiah

May 20, 2009
After you open the terminal, did you type "su"?

yeah i did type in su. i have been away for a few days so i ma going to try the suggestions mentioned. and no i havent tried doing it using fastboot as i havent got adb set up yet. i will also try that later. thanks for the suggestions.

redshift88

Aug 17, 2009
I have the same problem. When holding power+home, it flashes t-mobile G1, then the screen disintegrates and it reboots a couple times, finally stopping on a blank black screen.

I have no problem booting straight into the O.S., I've just lost my recovery.

I've done this before and it worked, but I recently had a catastrophic failure and had to start from scratch.

wilnotdie

Sep 11, 2009
If all else fails or you don't fell like using adb, should be fine if you downgrade and re-root, etc.... unless there is something else messing up your recovery partition.

nolimit78

May 13, 2009
Kansas City
Put the recovery.img file on the root of your sdcard

Then try:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cd /system

cat /sdcard/recovery.img > recovery.img

flash_image recovery recovery.img

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
I've gone from JF 1.5ADP to Modaco using the cyanogen 1.4 recovery without any problems.

when you flash using terminal, you need to wait till you get the # back, and then restart the phone

which recovery image were you previously using as I was using JF 1.43 recovery

Automization

May 17, 2009
hi i tried searching for this but couldnt really find anything on it. i tried updating to the cyanogen recovery.img 1.4 using terminal as the guide said here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=533731, however now whenever i boot into recovery, the bootloader screen comes up instead. i have tried reflashing the recovery numerous times but the problem still persists. am i doing something wrong? any help would be great. thanks in advance

also i am rooted currently running JF 1.5 rom with latest radio and hard spl.

Hi djosiah

did you read this post ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4569666#post4569666

(Please substitude by the file name "update-cm-4.0.4-signed.zip" by "cm-recovery-1.4.img" in my post - sorry, I was misaken as to the file name ...!!)

My problem was a corrupted cm-recovery-1.4.img (a few thousand bytes of the MBs were missing ...!) A new downloaded cm-recovery-1.4.img (from another URL) solved the problem finally. The rest was cream - totally happy now.

Good luck!

redshift88

Aug 17, 2009
My problem was solved.

Unroot the phone

reformat sd card using gparted live cd to fat32

redo root

flash new radio

flash new spl

flash cyanogen rom

flash cyanogen recovery

tada