No Redmi 10 category and no ROMs for it.

Search This thread

rvnlord

Aug 25, 2018
I am not familiar enough with Xiaomi naming so please forgive me the stupid question. I am looking for a category about `Xiaomi Redmi 10`, not `Note 10` but apparently there is none, I would like to find ROM (crDroid, LineageOS or sth similar) for that phone but it looks like there aren't any. Are there other, possibly region specific naming conventions that point to this device and I don't know about it or maybe there is no category for it for some other reason? It is apparently codenamed: `selene`.

Last edited:
Reactions: xYOSIYAx

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I am not familiar enough with Xiaomi naming so please forgive me the stupid question. I am looking for a category about `Xiaomi Redmi 10`, not `Note 10` but apparently there is none, I would like to find ROM (crDroid, LineageOS or sth similar) for that phone but it looks like there aren't any. Does this phone has some other obvious naming in some region or there is no such category on XDA for some reason?
There´s nothing (unfortunately) for your device, and not, it isn´t because is a MediaTek device, there are more problematic devices like Realme, and they have a lot of ROMs out there, and there are good MediaTek devices like the Redmi Note 8 Pro that had and has a lot of development, it´s probably because there’s no good reasons, in my opinion, to buy a R10 instead a RN10 for such a little difference price (in various markets), AMOLED/Snapdragon/UFS versus TFT-LCD/MediaTek/eMMC?

I could find only this as a kind of review and some useful tools that's provided https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/redmi-10-10-prime-selene-global-roms-and-flashing.4359019/. You can add to your search "Redmi 10/Redmi 10 Prime XDA" and see if something arises some time.

The most you can try by now is flashing GSI, but you must be double careful, MediaTek devices are inclined to be easily bricked.

rvnlord

Aug 25, 2018
I didn't buy it yet, I am considering it because I can get one at a very competetive price (I don't have much money) and I am not able to fix my redmi 5 plus which was flooded (touch doesn't work, I might create a thread about it later)

As for Note 10 they are not only more expensive where I live but also the ones sold are with MediaTek Dimensity 700 CPU (https://allegro.pl/oferta/smartfon-xiaomi-redmi-note-10-4-128gb-srebrny-nfc-11725153893, https://www.morele.net/smartfon-xiaomi-redmi-note-10-5g-4-128gb-dual-sim-granatowy-33252-8536262/), I believe they should be classified as 10T or sth. The `proper` ones with AMOLED screen are priced higher and they send them from China so I would have to wait a month.

I wanted to avoid flashing GSI ROMs in general.

Yeah, thanks I tried the search I thought about sth device specific though.

The thing I wasn't aware of was problematic MediaTek devices I guess.

inn0ichi

Mar 7, 2020
Look at Poco M3 if its available to your country. Its pretty budget and has custom rom support. But beware of dead boot issue. Dont know if they fixed that yet.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
When choosing a "cheap" phone, you should decide between two future destinies. Either look for a phone with custom ROM support, or you have to settle for a bundled system without the ability to improve unsatisfactory features. Don't hold out much hope for future change. Custom support tends to be significant only for devices that are more in demand, and it becomes apparent shortly after the device goes on sale.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I didn't buy it yet, I am considering it because I can get one at a very competetive price (I don't have much money) and I am not able to fix my redmi 5 plus which was flooded (touch doesn't work, I might create a thread about it later)
The longer it takes to take it to a technician, the more parts will be compromised, the main reason for this is that you need the moisture to go away.
As for Note 10 they are not only more expensive where I live but also the ones sold are with MediaTek Dimensity 700 CPU (https://allegro.pl/oferta/smartfon-xiaomi-redmi-note-10-4-128gb-srebrny-nfc-11725153893, https://www.morele.net/smartfon-xiaomi-redmi-note-10-5g-4-128gb-dual-sim-granatowy-33252-8536262/), I believe they should be classified as 10T or sth. The `proper` ones with AMOLED screen are priced higher and they send them from China so I would have to wait a month.
I did not refer to the 5G version that also has a MediaTek (not the issue here though) I did refer to the normal Redmi Note 10 which the price difference in my country is not more than 30 USD, it really doesn't worth, just to save some bucks.
I wanted to avoid flashing GSI ROMs in general.

Yeah, thanks I tried the search I thought about sth device specific though.

The thing I wasn't aware of was problematic MediaTek devices I guess.
If you still didn't buy it and want a developer community support, DON'T buy it, the time has passed for something to emerge, and it is unlikely that much comes up.

The RN10 is a very equilibrated device, it's not the beast but have a few good points, I had and there are better devices for benchmarks, but this is not the only that matters.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not familiar enough with Xiaomi naming so please forgive me the stupid question. I am looking for a category about `Xiaomi Redmi 10`, not `Note 10` but apparently there is none, I would like to find ROM (crDroid, LineageOS or sth similar) for that phone but it looks like there aren't any. Are there other, possibly region specific naming conventions that point to this device and I don't know about it or maybe there is no category for it for some other reason? It is apparently codenamed: `selene`.