No Remix 3.0 For Mini

Search This thread

wastate2014

Aug 13, 2014
Well I contacted Jide to inquire about Remix 3.0 on Mini. It seems Allwinner in all its wisdom has decided not to provide Android 6.0 support for the H64 SOC. So no Remix 3.0 unless Allwinner changes its mind. For me this finishes my folly with this experiment gone bad.

gregpappas9

May 26, 2016
Are you sure?

The chinese version of jide.com says that the remix ultratablet, remix pro, remix mini, and remix os for pc will be getting the upgrade. maybe the remix mini version of 3.0 will still be lolipop.

wastate2014

Aug 13, 2014
Android TV, TV being the key word here. It is put in the same category and as competes with Roku,Fire TV, Apple TV etc. The Chinese boxes are marketed as kodi boxes. Would you consider Roku a Gaming console?. If Razer wanted a game console they should have kept Ouya,s OS which I believe to be far better.

I think this is one of those where it's better to agree to disagree. :p

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
this is what jide does with their customer.
they drop any old hardware and build new ones.
so yes,do not buy
especially with all under-powered gpu they use in all their cheap products.
it is Chinese after all.
chromebooks will be the way to go.

Reactions: sirichais

JohnnySJ

Apr 4, 2012
LG V20
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Well I contacted Jide to inquire about Remix 3.0 on Mini. It seems Allwinner in all its wisdom has decided not to provide Android 6.0 support for the H64 SOC. So no Remix 3.0 unless Allwinner changes its mind. For me this finishes my folly with this experiment gone bad.
Wow, i got screwed twice. Bought one expecting 4K resolution support as stated in the website and in the kickstarter page, and a year and a half later im still waiting. Now i learn that OS 3.0 is also not happening... I give up.

nakTT

Nov 21, 2011
I was hoping to get Marshmallow update for my Remix Mini.

Hope they manage to sort the issue with the chip company out and get on with Marshmallow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is what jide does with their customer.
    they drop any old hardware and build new ones.
    so yes,do not buy
    especially with all under-powered gpu they use in all their cheap products.
    it is Chinese after all.
    chromebooks will be the way to go.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone