Question No root access now what?

Search This thread
Jan 1, 2017
Houston
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you not want to root or you can't?
I want to root.This is a T-mobile oneplus 9 pro and it's barely a week old.Ive been told T-mobile has a network lock on their new phones for 40 days. Supposedly they will unlock it no problem after that. From there I'm thinking unlock bootloader even more importantly decided on how I want to gain root access.Im leaning towards the magisk without twrp....????This will be my first time Rooting as phone of any kind.With that being said I purchase this oneplus and actually waited awhile for the 9pro with the soul purpose of rooting and modding not to mention breaking up with all my bloatware apps.

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I want to root.This is a T-mobile oneplus 9 pro and it's barely a week old.Ive been told T-mobile has a network lock on their new phones for 40 days. Supposedly they will unlock it no problem after that. From there I'm thinking unlock bootloader even more importantly decided on how I want to gain root access.Im leaning towards the magisk without twrp....????This will be my first time Rooting as phone of any kind.With that being said I purchase this oneplus and actually waited awhile for the 9pro with the soul purpose of rooting and modding not to mention breaking up with all my bloatware apps.

When the time comes, make sure you backup your data. Unlocking your bootloader will wipe the phone.

Reactions: Shanemichealrowland

nmccord30

Mar 30, 2015
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Go on Twitter and go to T-Mobile help tell them that you wanted to unlocked for work you travel they usually do it in a bag bypass the 40 days of having to have it I've had mine for 2 weeks and I've had it unlocked for one

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    How do you back up an unrooted phone? Please advise… is the Google H/W Safety Net still an issue?

I use FTP Server Pro and Filezilla client on my computer to backup/restore data from the "sdcard". I usually do full backups to make sure I have my latest data if I have to change roms or have any problems from a bad flash.

For back and restore of apps I use Swift Backup, if you have root applied then it will let you backup/restore the data for each app also so apps like 2FA will still work without having to re-register. It will let you use Dropbox, OneDrive or FTP to backup/restore your apps and data too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When the time comes, make sure you backup your data. Unlocking your bootloader will wipe the phone.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone