• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NO ROOT] [APP] FireTV - Volume | Control Volume from Alexa remote in unsupported TVs

Search This thread

Shaikh Amaan FM

Oct 30, 2016
Mumbai
If you got a Fire Stick and the Volume buttons on Alexa Remote doesn't works with your TV then this app is for you

How to use?

You need to enable ADB Debugging from fire tv settings in order to use this app.
When you launch the app for the first time, it asks you to allow ADB permission, after granting that permission you may have to restart the service by clicking on "Restart Service" button.
That's it, press the volume buttons in Alexa remote and control the volume in your TV.

If Alexa remote's mute button works with your TV (as in my case) you can disable app's mute action by unchecking the mute button.
I did not put any limit on boosting the volume, you can go beyond 100 till wherever you want.

Future Scope:
To figure out a way to take other buttons in use to control volume so that users with fire stick lite can also use their remote to control the volume

Support
Although I'm providing the full version apk here for free, I request you to support the work by purchasing the paid version from
here (Amazon App store link)

Note:
when your Alexa remote is running low on battery, the volume button presses may not reach the stick properly, other buttons in the remote like DPAD might work but volume buttons, mute button and power button might not work properly, because these buttons lights up the infrared LED on top of your remote and thus they use more power and thus in low battery situation, the remote gets switched off before it could send the key presses to the stick, and then quickly turns on
PicsArt_11-25-10.15.15.jpg
ss1.jpg

Attachments

• FireTV - Volume.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: Sus_i and Michajin

Spamm00r

Nov 21, 2011
Hey,

Thanks for releasing this.

I wonder if you can also add the functionality to control other cec actions like switching the HDMI Input of the TV to the port where the fire TV is connected.

Right now I don't know a way to this without root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you got a Fire Stick and the Volume buttons on Alexa Remote doesn't works with your TV then this app is for you

How to use?

You need to enable ADB Debugging from fire tv settings in order to use this app.
    When you launch the app for the first time, it asks you to allow ADB permission, after granting that permission you may have to restart the service by clicking on "Restart Service" button.
    That's it, press the volume buttons in Alexa remote and control the volume in your TV.

If Alexa remote's mute button works with your TV (as in my case) you can disable app's mute action by unchecking the mute button.
    I did not put any limit on boosting the volume, you can go beyond 100 till wherever you want.

Future Scope:
    To figure out a way to take other buttons in use to control volume so that users with fire stick lite can also use their remote to control the volume

Support
    Although I'm providing the full version apk here for free, I request you to support the work by purchasing the paid version from
    here (Amazon App store link)

Note:
    when your Alexa remote is running low on battery, the volume button presses may not reach the stick properly, other buttons in the remote like DPAD might work but volume buttons, mute button and power button might not work properly, because these buttons lights up the infrared LED on top of your remote and thus they use more power and thus in low battery situation, the remote gets switched off before it could send the key presses to the stick, and then quickly turns on
    PicsArt_11-25-10.15.15.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    Nice app! Will buy to donate!