• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[NO ROOT] [BOOTLOADER LOCK] How to install an update [DLOAD Method]

Search This thread

Merlin_99

May 16, 2015
Rossano Veneto
I'm very happy :D:D
After spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to install an original firmware using the dload method, I managed to find a guide that explains how to do it and today I will report the main steps:

First of all, we need the Service Firmware of our device. It can be found here http://androidhost.ru/search.html. From this site you have to search ane-l01 (or ane-l21 if your device is dual sim). So download the relevant firmware (p.s. I saw there aren't the latest firmwares, in my case I installed the 8.0.0.149 version, not the 8.0.0.154 ).

Then extract the "Software" folder and copy the "dload" folder (with its contents!) to the external sd card.

Finally, enter to the project menu from dialer typing *#*#2846579#*#* ==> Software Upgrade ==> SdCard Upgrade.

Wait for the installation and before configuring the device enter in Recovery Mode (from the phone off, VOLUME-UP + POWER ON) and make Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Reboot System Now.

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
why did you downgrade if i may ask ? does B156 has any issue ?
myself i'm still stuck on B145 and i'm considering this method to update since i have a locked bootloader
No, so far B156 is better even than B160. I got flickering in the B160, so I moved to B156, not perfect but much better.
Now I'm in B150 because is the last firmware available that I can lock (not relock) the bootloader, I'm thinking sell the phone...

ars_chelsea

Sep 5, 2015
Lisboa
After spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to install an original firmware using the dload method, I managed to find a guide that explains how to do it and today I will report the main steps:

First of all, we need the Service Firmware of our device. It can be found here http://androidhost.ru/search.html. From this site you have to search ane-l01 (or ane-l21 if your device is dual sim). So download the relevant firmware (p.s. I saw there aren't the latest firmwares, in my case I installed the 8.0.0.149 version, not the 8.0.0.154 ).

Then extract the "Software" folder and copy the "dload" folder (with its contents!) to the external sd card.

Finally, enter to the project menu from dialer typing *#*#2846579#*#* ==> Software Upgrade ==> SdCard Upgrade.

Wait for the installation and before configuring the device enter in Recovery Mode (from the phone off, VOLUME-UP + POWER ON) and make Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Reboot System Now.

Good mornin all :)

Thanks a lot man, I was hoping for a solution for the "lock" state for months and this is just perfect and works! I only have the Build 150 though because it's the last OTA I got on my country just like @kilroystyx so I can get that perfect "lock" state :good: .

This gets us the warranty back which is great, I was afraid of losing it due to the "relock" state, it's strange because Huawei is the only company I know that does this on warranty stuff after a lock of a bootloader...Weird...

Anyway, great job!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

AS

whats89

Sep 27, 2018
I installed yesterday the firmware Huawei P20 Lite ANE-L21 Anne-L21 8.0.0.150 (C432) and now in the settings the build that appears is system 8.0.0.046 (0H27), is it normal?

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I installed yesterday the firmware Huawei P20 Lite ANE-L21 Anne-L21 8.0.0.150 (C432) and now in the settings the build that appears is system 8.0.0.046 (0H27), is it normal?

in the dial pad:
*#*#2846579#*#*
3. Network Information Query
4. Vendor Country Info
Vendor: hw

Do you see in your device Vendor & Country as listed above?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Merlin_99, I was looking for this "dload package" for a while, thanks to share.
    So, this mean that in the end the of firmware installation the bootloader will be locked.
    This is good news for the guys that want lock bootloader instead of relock.
    does this work with a downgrade aswell?
    Yes, it should works. I downgrade from B156 to B150 without issues.
    No, so far B156 is better even than B160. I got flickering in the B160, so I moved to B156, not perfect but much better.
    Now I'm in B150 because is the last firmware available that I can lock (not relock) the bootloader, I'm thinking sell the phone...

i understand, thanks for the info about the flickering issue
    How do we "lock" the bootloader again?
    It is automatically done during [dload method] firmware installation.