• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NO ROOT] Enable McLaren fingerprint animation on OOS 9 / Disable animation at all

Search This thread

Lartsch

Oct 23, 2012
Karlsruhe
Samsung Galaxy S4
OnePlus 3T
Hello,
this is how to enable the McLaren fingerprint animation from the Oneplus 6T McLaren edition on normal 6T editions without a PC, root, module, app whatsoever (depends on the method you choose). You can also choose to disable the animation at all. For the McLaren animation OOS 9.0.9 or newer is needed since the animation files are included from this verison on. You just can't enable it through the settings app. If you ask me, the unlocking feels even faster with this animation!
giphy.gif

Requirements:
  • OOS version greater than 9.0.9, OOS 10 does not work (if you want to disable the animation, any version will work)
  • Either the app below (no root), adb (no root), magisk or another root solution

Method 1: No root, on-device, super-easy
  1. Download this app from Google Play.
  2. Open it and confirm that "System table" is selected.
  3. Scroll down and search for the line "op_custom_unlock_animation_style".
  4. Touch the line and then press on "Edit value".
  5. Enter "3" (no quotes) and confirm.
  6. Enjoy. You can delete the app now if you want.
Can't find the line? Go with this:
  1. Try to change your current fingerprint animation in settings and check the app for the line again (fully close it first). If there, continue above, if not continue below.
  2. Confirm that "System table" is selected.
  3. Tap "Add new setting". There will be 2 prompts.
  4. Replace "NEW_SETTING" with "op_custom_unlock_animation_style" (no quotes) in the first one and confirm.
  5. Replace "SETTING_VALUE" with "3" (no quotes) in the second one.
  6. You should be good to go! If you want you can delete this app now.
Please note:
Some users reported that the setting didn't survive reboots when removing the app. Try for yourself.
I recommend not to mess with other settings if you don't know what you are doing.

Method 2: No root, adb needed
  1. Connect your device and verify your adb connection by using
    adb devices
  2. Proceed by entering
    adb shell settings put system op_custom_unlock_animation_style 3
  3. All done!
Please note:
If you do not understand what adb is or how to set it up, please use method 1 from above.

Method 3: Root needed, Magisk module
  1. Download the Magisk module .zip from the attachments below.
  2. Install it through Magisk Manager.
  3. Enjoy!
Please note:
There will be no module visible in Magisk Manager, no files modified and no boot scripts. To disable just select a default fingerprint animation through settings and to enable reflash the module. Don't know if TWRP flashing works.
You can alternatively use AnoopKumar's module to enable a full McLaren experience with bootanimation, fingerprint animation, wallpapers etc. Found here. Difference to my module: Enables the animation on every boot so it will overwrite your setting if you choose another animation but don't disable the module.

Method 4: Root needed, terminal solution
  1. Open your terminal app of choice
  2. Switch to root by entering
    su
  3. Enable the animation by entering
    settings put system op_custom_unlock_animation_style 3
Extra: Disable animation at all

• You can use any of the above methods
  • Just replace the value "3" with a non-existent animation number, for example "4" (if future OOS updates add more animations, you need to use a higher value)
  • Magisk module also available ("no-fp")

Extra: McLaren color theme
  1. Head over to Settings -> Display -> Theme, and set it to "Dark".
  2. Next, tap on "Accent color" and tap on the custom color icon.
  3. Input the hex code "#E0610E" in there.
  4. That's it.
Additional information:
  • The setting survives reboots.
  • You might have to try it several times to make it stick after reboots.
  • Some users reported that they needed to keep the app installed in order to make it stick after reboots when using method 1.
  • To disable the changes, just enable one of the default fingerprint animations through the settings app. This works the same way for EVERY method.

Hit thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-120247.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-120247.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 26,748
  • Webp.net-gifmaker.gif
    Webp.net-gifmaker.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 26,354
  • op6t-mclaren-fp_v1.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 12,048
  • op6t-no-fp_v1.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,735
Last edited:

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Hello,
this is how you can enable the McLaren fingerprint animation from the Oneplus 6T McLaren edition on normal 6T editions without any mods, modules, apps whatsoever.
OOS 9.0.10 is needed since the animation files are included with this verison (you just can't enable it through settings).

Requirements:
  • OOS 9.0.10
  • ADB up and running

Steps:
    adb devices
  2. Proceed by entering
    adb shell settings put system "op_custom_unlock_animation_style" "3"
  3. All done!

Additional information:
The setting survives reboots.
To disable it again, just enable one of the default fingerprint animations through normal settings.

I'll try this out later when I can get to a PC, but thanks man! It would be awesome if someone could make a Magisk module for this, since I have a feeling the animation is going to be removed from later updates for the normal 6t!

Reactions: shanegrimes69

Lartsch

Oct 23, 2012
Karlsruhe
Samsung Galaxy S4
OnePlus 3T
I'll try this out later when I can get to a PC, but thanks man! It would be awesome if someone could make a Magisk module for this, since I have a feeling the animation is going to be removed from later updates for the normal 6t!

If you're already rooted check OP, you can do the same with a terminal emulator and root privilege of course.

Reactions: H4X0R46

ayed78

Sep 25, 2013
yes it works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-120247.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-120247.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 5,945

TDoric

Dec 11, 2014
Pula
Thank you very much. Method 1 with the app works. It took 10 seconds.

EDIT: I'm on 9.0.10, rooted with Magisk, no TWRP. But as the OP stater, NO ROOT IS NEEDED!

phillymade

Apr 27, 2011
City of Brotherly Love
Google Pixel 6
Can't find that line in the app.

OS 9.0.10
I don't have it either, I am on the TMO variant running international 10. don't know if that makes a difference

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Update
I ran the command in terminal then opened the app and the line was there twice, I removed the one I entered and changed the Vale to 3 as per instructions and I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
@Lartsch Good one mate, I can confirm this works on Open Beta 1 also. You may update the OP :good:

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-143010.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-143010.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Screenshot_20181224-143026.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-143026.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Screenshot_20181224-142949.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-142949.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,809
G

GuestK00395

Thank you OP.

I used the first method as i m stock and locked. Super easy.

The line wasn't present so as per suggestion i added it and it works perfectly. In settings it shows cosmos, idk why.

Edit - it didn't survive reboot, had to do it again.

Does adb shell method survive reboot?

Edit 2 - on second try it shows McLaren in settings and also survived reboot. I m glad that it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-153010.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-153010.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 1,604
Last edited:

faybarn

Oct 19, 2010
App worked but I had to change from default in normal phone settings before the line showed up in app. Thanks OP.

Dhairya

May 29, 2013
THANE
Xiaomi Poco F3
Everything is working flawless but my alert slider isn't showing the notifications of phone mute or vibrate with icon on the main screen but it's working any fixes please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    this is how to enable the McLaren fingerprint animation from the Oneplus 6T McLaren edition on normal 6T editions without a PC, root, module, app whatsoever (depends on the method you choose). You can also choose to disable the animation at all. For the McLaren animation OOS 9.0.9 or newer is needed since the animation files are included from this verison on. You just can't enable it through the settings app. If you ask me, the unlocking feels even faster with this animation!
    giphy.gif

Requirements:
    • OOS version greater than 9.0.9, OOS 10 does not work (if you want to disable the animation, any version will work)
    • Either the app below (no root), adb (no root), magisk or another root solution

Method 1: No root, on-device, super-easy
    1. Download this app from Google Play.
    2. Open it and confirm that "System table" is selected.
    3. Scroll down and search for the line "op_custom_unlock_animation_style".
    4. Touch the line and then press on "Edit value".
    5. Enter "3" (no quotes) and confirm.
    6. Enjoy. You can delete the app now if you want.
    Can't find the line? Go with this:
    1. Try to change your current fingerprint animation in settings and check the app for the line again (fully close it first). If there, continue above, if not continue below.
    2. Confirm that "System table" is selected.
    3. Tap "Add new setting". There will be 2 prompts.
    4. Replace "NEW_SETTING" with "op_custom_unlock_animation_style" (no quotes) in the first one and confirm.
    5. Replace "SETTING_VALUE" with "3" (no quotes) in the second one.
    6. You should be good to go! If you want you can delete this app now.
    Please note:
    Some users reported that the setting didn't survive reboots when removing the app. Try for yourself.
    I recommend not to mess with other settings if you don't know what you are doing.

Method 2: No root, adb needed
      adb devices
    2. Proceed by entering
      adb shell settings put system op_custom_unlock_animation_style 3
    3. All done!
    Please note:
    If you do not understand what adb is or how to set it up, please use method 1 from above.

Method 3: Root needed, Magisk module
    1. Download the Magisk module .zip from the attachments below.
    2. Install it through Magisk Manager.
    3. Enjoy!
    Please note:
    There will be no module visible in Magisk Manager, no files modified and no boot scripts. To disable just select a default fingerprint animation through settings and to enable reflash the module. Don't know if TWRP flashing works.
    You can alternatively use AnoopKumar's module to enable a full McLaren experience with bootanimation, fingerprint animation, wallpapers etc. Found here. Difference to my module: Enables the animation on every boot so it will overwrite your setting if you choose another animation but don't disable the module.

Method 4: Root needed, terminal solution
    1. Open your terminal app of choice
    2. Switch to root by entering
      su
    3. Enable the animation by entering
      settings put system op_custom_unlock_animation_style 3
    Extra: Disable animation at all

• You can use any of the above methods
    • Just replace the value "3" with a non-existent animation number, for example "4" (if future OOS updates add more animations, you need to use a higher value)
    • Magisk module also available ("no-fp")

Extra: McLaren color theme
    1. Head over to Settings -> Display -> Theme, and set it to "Dark".
    2. Next, tap on "Accent color" and tap on the custom color icon.
    3. Input the hex code "#E0610E" in there.
    4. That's it.
    Additional information:
    • The setting survives reboots.
    • You might have to try it several times to make it stick after reboots.
    • Some users reported that they needed to keep the app installed in order to make it stick after reboots when using method 1.
    • To disable the changes, just enable one of the default fingerprint animations through the settings app. This works the same way for EVERY method.

Hit thanks!
    If you can't find that line in the app, you can add it in the app yourself.
    Simply tap +Add New Setting
    Then type
    op_custom_unlock_animation_style
    Tap save changes
    Then enter the value of 3
    Tap save changes.
    Then go to settings, security, fingerprints, and see McLaren!
    Your post doesn't view right on the XDA app, here's the actual command for others

Code:
    adb shell settings put system "op_custom_unlock_animation_style" "3"
    Ok so it works for me to get the McLaren animation for me but when I try to disable the animation completely by entering 4 or any other invalid number it just stays as the McLaren one. Any idea how I can get it to disable or what I am doing wrong?
    I use 10 for none. I needed a system restart.
    I set mine to Value=4 and it disabled the animation altogether which I think is great. Thanks OP.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I set mine to Value=4 and it disabled the animation altogether which I think is great. Thanks OP.