[No root] Finally, an app to enable native Lift To Wake (lockscreen)

Search This thread

rodalfa

Jan 10, 2006
Barcelona
OnePlus 9
Yes it does. I take the phone up, screen turns on, swipe the screen, face unlock unlocks the phone.
Face unlock should work from the first moment it wakes the screen, without the need to swipe the screen.
With this app, another interaction is needed, and you loose for example the possibility to read the notifications in the lock screen (they are not visible while locked, and visible when unlocked).

Enviado desde mi AC2003 mediante Tapatalk

abrahamjones

Dec 22, 2014
Yes you are right. As I am not the developer of that app I can't solve the issue. Actually I am not a developer at all :D

Face unlock should work from the first moment it wakes the screen, without the need to swipe the screen.
With this app, another interaction is needed, and you loose for example the possibility to read the notifications in the lock screen (they are not visible while locked, and visible when unlocked).

Enviado desde mi AC2003 mediante Tapatalk

awes0me1

Jun 22, 2012
Staffs
It was good for a while then realised that the battery was draining really quick then realising the screen was constantly on in my pocket, when I moved it thought I was picking it up. Shame cos I liked it.

Mar 12, 2009
Hi,
Does anyone know if the App was changed for Android 11 - Oneplus 8 Pro? Before I used Gravity Screen, but this doesn't work anymore neither. I tried to contact the developer several times, but he didn't answer. It would be great to unlock the device by taking it in the hands.
Or maybe someone knows an alternative App for the Oneplus 8 Pro?

Sorry for my English...

BR

Last edited:

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,
Does anyone know if the App was changed for Android 11 - Oneplus 8 Pro? Before I used Gravity Screen, but this doesn't work anymore neither. I tried to contact the developer several times, but he didn't answer. It would be great to unlock the device by taking it in the hands.
Or maybe someone knows an alternative App for the Oneplus 8 Pro?

Sorry for my English...

BR

It's working on OOS 11. BUT very slow/in delay even after turning off Ambient Display.

P.S. Never used on OOS 10

UPDATE:​

OK, so I have compiled the same app again with 30 SDK (API 30/Android 11) for OOS 11 for better stability (with no other changes) and it's working normally now.
Now, this should work on your OOS 11 if was not working before.

Regards
Mohitash

Attachments

• app-releaseopltw-mk.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Really thanks!!! I really appreciate your efforts. But my Oneplus 8 Pro tells me: Sensor not found. The intend was to unlock the device without having to press any Button... BR

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
Really thanks!!! I really appreciate your efforts. But my Oneplus 8 Pro tells me: Sensor not found. The intend was to unlock the device without having to press any Button... BR

I read on GitHub source page. Some other users also reported as It's not working on 8 Pro.
I will try but I don't have 8 Pro to test the things and fix it.
And the other thing is it's not my work obviously so I can't edit such things within source without it's owner's permission. Actually, I can but can't share it.

Regards
Mohitash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TL, DR. Where is the download?

github.com/xubowenhaoren/OPLiftToWake/releases

What does it do?

This is a simple app to enable Lift To Wake for OnePlus 7 series.
    It is not the Lift To "Ambient Display" in the stock Settings App; it enables the true Lift To "Lock Screen" like other phones.

Why do I want this feature?

You've probably already known that OnePlus, in Android 10, reveals the notification content on the lock screen after Face Unlock.
    But to see those notifications, you either need to:

1. Pick up the phone and unlock with your finger at the Ambient Display. A two-step process.
    2. Pick up the phone and press the power button. Again, a two-step process.

Now with the app, you can pick up the phone and the lock screen immediately shows up.

How does it do this?

It listens to the native system sensor (`oneplus.sensor.pickup`). In my testing, it is very power efficient.

What phones does it support?

I have tested this on a OnePlus 7T with Android 10. It should also work with other OnePlus 7 series.
    Note that for earlier OnePlus phones, there is also a [pickup sensor] but with a different name.
    If you want this app to work with earlier OnePlus phones, you should try replacing this line in `Utils.java` with the correct sensor name:

```
    mSensor = Utils.getSensor(context, mSensorManager, "oneplus.sensor.pickup");
    ```

How do I use it?

You probably want to turn off the Ambient Display first.

After installing the app, turn on the "Lift To Wake" toggle.
    You should also consider turning off the battery optimization of the app for a more consistent background performance.

Do I need Magisk for this?

No, it is root-free.

Credits

Much of the code is from the Lineage OS team.
    Other code references can be found in the code comments.
    It doesn't work with Oneplus 8

Nevermind I did it by changing

mSensor = Utils.getSensor(context, mSensorManager, "oneplus.sensor.pickup");

to

mSensor = Utils.getSensor(context, mSensorManager, "oneplus.sensor.op_motion_detect");

using Android Studio.
    Pocket detection doesn't appear to work on OP7 Pro. Great work tho!

My OP7T doesn't even have a pocket mode, so I can't test that for you. However, the original Lineage OS code had support for pocket mode. You could try to add it! :good:
    If I turn off the notification, will it keep running?

And thanks for it, really useful:good::cowboy:

Yes, I've tested this.