[NO ROOT] Install Google Sans or any other fonts form ttf

Search This thread

timescaming

Aug 21, 2017
Hong Kong
The ROG phone 2 supports flipfont, and with zFont you can generate custom fonts from ttf files.

Start by picking your file.
Locate to "Local" and click on the file icon.

Here's the tricky part, select "Samsung"
Only "Kikat and below" and "Lolipop" option will work, as others will not generate flipfont

Install the apk and profit

Imgur with all the steps

This should also work with any other devices that uses flipfont
I've linked my google sans font below for reference.

Hit Thanks if this helped

Attachments

• GoogleSansRegular.apk
    121.2 KB · Views: 6,355
Last edited:

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu
the attached APK google sans worked..
otherwise flipfont didn't work.
z font will allow install and is able to change in the setting ( system font setting) but no difference what so ever. I guess the fonts have to be converted or something and then one can install flawlessly. Which brings me to my question .. how to make the fonts user ready?

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
the attached APK google sans worked..
otherwise flipfont didn't work.
z font will allow install and is able to change in the setting ( system font setting) but no difference what so ever. I guess the fonts have to be converted or something and then one can install flawlessly. Which brings me to my question .. how to make the fonts user ready?
What device r u using?? And do ur device support flip font or have font manager??

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu
What device r u using?? And do ur device support flip font or have font manager??

-ROG II 512 version with WW rom...
-Flip font got stuck in the loading screen.
-I downloaded some fonts with the zfonts app and got some fonts installed.
-Font manager I guess would be the one in the Phone settings?
-The downloaded fonts from the zfont show in the phone font setting but there are barely any changes.
I did download the attached Google sans serif APK which directly installed in the phone font setting.
When applied it worked Great.

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
-The downloaded fonts from the zfont show in the phone font setting but there are barely any changes.
I did download the attached Google sans serif APK which directly installed in the phone font setting.
I hv ROG 2 128 GB variant with WW Rom
Zfonts worked for me. I will tell u how
1. After downloading the desired font or installing custom ttf font file which u hv downloaded from the elsewhere (from zfont app), select the samsung option while setting.
2. After selecting Samsung option, select "kitkat and below" or lollipop - 5.0 & 5.1.1 (i hv selected kitkat and below)
3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang?????
Check out ur font manager under display tab. There u will find the font which u hv selected the zfont app.

Also the google sans apk that is provided in this thread works as good as zfont.

Moreover i hv installed XDA POWER FONTS. That gave me soo many fonts to change it every day. lol..

((LUV U ASUS FOR PROVIDING SUCH DECENT FONT MANAGER))

All of these r working as fine as hell.

TY??

Last edited:

srk_srinivas

Apr 27, 2011
Entebbe-Uganda
1. After downloading the desired font or installing custom ttf font file which u hv downloaded from the elsewhere (from zfont app), select the samsung option while setting.
2. After selecting Samsung option, select "kitkat and below" or lollipop - 5.0 & 5.1.1 (i hv selected kitkat and below)
3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang
Check out ur font manager under display tab. There u will find the font which u hv selected the zfont app.

Also the google sans apk that is provided in this thread works as good as zfont.

Moreover i hv installed XDA POWER FONTS. That gave me soo many fonts to change it every day. lol..

TY

Thanks for the Instructions, I have installed "Armata" font.

Reactions: Naresh Rawat

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu

TY

Got it. Luv it. Thanks sarr

fateoas

Jan 18, 2011
m.o.s.c.o.w
The ROG phone 2 supports flipfont, and with zFont you can generate custom fonts from ttf files.

Only "Kikat and below" and "Lolipop" option will work, as others will not generate flipfont

Imgur with all the steps

Ok ), tnx.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Imgur with all the steps

3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang?????

TY??

TY

Thanks for the Instructions, I have installed "Armata" font.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone