[NO ROOT] Install Google Sans or any other fonts form ttf

Search This thread

timescaming

Aug 21, 2017
Hong Kong
timescam.gitlab.io
The ROG phone 2 supports flipfont, and with zFont you can generate custom fonts from ttf files.

Start by picking your file.
Locate to "Local" and click on the file icon.

Here's the tricky part, select "Samsung"
Only "Kikat and below" and "Lolipop" option will work, as others will not generate flipfont

Install the apk and profit

Imgur with all the steps

This should also work with any other devices that uses flipfont
I've linked my google sans font below for reference.

Hit Thanks if this helped

Attachments

• GoogleSansRegular.apk
    121.2 KB · Views: 12,470
Last edited:

Raizel

Feb 16, 2015
OMG Thanks dude im searching from past week on how to change the font to google sans thank you very much.

thiagoserrao

Jan 21, 2013
Manaus
I'm trying to change, but i'm not find this "Samsung" n when i click at File icon green "Aa, the button just open the menu /storage/emulated/0

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu
the attached APK google sans worked..
otherwise flipfont didn't work.
z font will allow install and is able to change in the setting ( system font setting) but no difference what so ever. I guess the fonts have to be converted or something and then one can install flawlessly. Which brings me to my question .. how to make the fonts user ready?

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
the attached APK google sans worked..
otherwise flipfont didn't work.
z font will allow install and is able to change in the setting ( system font setting) but no difference what so ever. I guess the fonts have to be converted or something and then one can install flawlessly. Which brings me to my question .. how to make the fonts user ready?
What device r u using?? And do ur device support flip font or have font manager??

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu
What device r u using?? And do ur device support flip font or have font manager??

-ROG II 512 version with WW rom...
-Flip font got stuck in the loading screen.
-I downloaded some fonts with the zfonts app and got some fonts installed.
-Font manager I guess would be the one in the Phone settings?
-The downloaded fonts from the zfont show in the phone font setting but there are barely any changes.
I did download the attached Google sans serif APK which directly installed in the phone font setting.
When applied it worked Great.

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
-The downloaded fonts from the zfont show in the phone font setting but there are barely any changes.
I did download the attached Google sans serif APK which directly installed in the phone font setting.
I hv ROG 2 128 GB variant with WW Rom
Zfonts worked for me. I will tell u how
1. After downloading the desired font or installing custom ttf font file which u hv downloaded from the elsewhere (from zfont app), select the samsung option while setting.
2. After selecting Samsung option, select "kitkat and below" or lollipop - 5.0 & 5.1.1 (i hv selected kitkat and below)
3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang?????
Check out ur font manager under display tab. There u will find the font which u hv selected the zfont app.

Also the google sans apk that is provided in this thread works as good as zfont.

Moreover i hv installed XDA POWER FONTS. That gave me soo many fonts to change it every day. lol..

((LUV U ASUS FOR PROVIDING SUCH DECENT FONT MANAGER))

All of these r working as fine as hell.

TY??

Last edited:

srk_srinivas

Apr 27, 2011
Entebbe-Uganda
1. After downloading the desired font or installing custom ttf font file which u hv downloaded from the elsewhere (from zfont app), select the samsung option while setting.
2. After selecting Samsung option, select "kitkat and below" or lollipop - 5.0 & 5.1.1 (i hv selected kitkat and below)
3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang
Check out ur font manager under display tab. There u will find the font which u hv selected the zfont app.

Also the google sans apk that is provided in this thread works as good as zfont.

Moreover i hv installed XDA POWER FONTS. That gave me soo many fonts to change it every day. lol..

TY

Thanks for the Instructions, I have installed "Armata" font.

Reactions: Naresh Rawat

Akashkc

Dec 17, 2015
Kathmandu

TY

Got it. Luv it. Thanks sarr

fateoas

Jan 18, 2011
m.o.s.c.o.w
The ROG phone 2 supports flipfont, and with zFont you can generate custom fonts from ttf files.

Only "Kikat and below" and "Lolipop" option will work, as others will not generate flipfont

Imgur with all the steps

Ok ), tnx.

Last edited:

pr0x

Aug 28, 2010
Unfortunately it is not working on my s21u with android 13. Does anyone has a newer apk? Well I tried to select it and it prompted to uninstall it. May be i have to do it woth Zfont. Is there a wat just to install apk and select it from the font menu on the phone.

Last edited:
ONE UI CUSTOM FONTS
Samsung One UI using zFont 3
GUIDE AND TROUBLESHOOTER
Google Fonts
LAST EDIT ON MAY 14, 2023

1) Download and install the official Samsung Sans system font from the Galaxy Store. This is the non-modified version for creating the initial backup. Once installed, manually change your system font to Samsung Sans from Display > Font Settings.

2) In Samsung Cloud, create a backup of only the settings while your font is set to Samsung Sans. The first two steps only need to be done once for all subsequent custom fonts.

3) Uninstall or update over the old Samsung Sans font with the new custom zFont Samsung Sans font file which contains the font you want to change to. This uses the same package name (com.monotype.android.font.samsungsans) as the official font to trick cloud into thinking it's legit. GOOGLE FONTS has a huge open source selection of fonts that can be downloaded in TTF format.

NOTE: There's also an option to use other fonts in zFont instead of Samsung Sans, but if you choose those, you'll have to create a new backup with the official version of that font selected.

4) Change your system font to "Default".

NOTE: Your custom font should be present within your font list after installation. When updating custom fonts, it might appear as if the correct font is already selected but your new font won't actually become active until you refresh it by unselecting and reselecting the font which requires the Samsung Cloud workaround since you can't select a modified font manually from the font menu or you'll get an error.

5) In Samsung Cloud, select the option to restore. Uncheck all options except "Settings" to restore only the settings that you backed up in step #2. While it's restoring, you'll see the text on the screen update to your target custom font prior to reaching 100% complete if it's successful. Once the restoration is finished, you'll get a dialog popup asking if you want to delete old backups, select the NO response so the backup can be used for future fonts.

6) Verify your font changed from "Default" to Samsung Sans or whatever custom font option you selected. Font settings are usually located in the device's Display settings. Once verified, restart your device.

NOTE: Not all text will be replaced with your updated font until after a system reboot. Verify your font was automatically changed to the new font from Default prior to rebooting. If it failed to update, continue to the troubleshooting steps below to verify system applications.

Subsequent Updates: To update your font while a backup of the device settings is already created (with the correct font file selected per step #2), just update custom font file, change font to default, restore settings, restart device (or just start at step #3). No need to create a new backup unless the original backup is lost.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Samsung Cloud custom font workaround will not work if you debloated your system applications. Samsung Cloud relies on several pre-installed applications to restore all settings back to its former backed up state, especially font since it seems like getting the font to restore is the toughest setting to fix if debloated. I'm not sure 100% exactly which applications affect this, but I've confirmed that it's only Samsung Apps.
MUST BE INSTALLED AND ENABLED
Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud Platform Services(SCPM)
Samsung Core Services (SCS)
Samsung Account (Logged In)
Galaxy Themes
Galaxy Themes Services
Galaxy Store
Foundation
Noto Serif / Source Sans
CMHProvider

OTHER APPLICATIONS TO CHECK
SamsungOne
ShortcutBNR
KeyCustomizationInfoBNR
Samsung Pass
Calendar
Reminders
Contacts
Phone
DiagMonAgent
Samsung Notes
IPService
Smart Switch Agent
com.samsung.android.smartswitchassistant
Secure Folder
Other Apps? Comment Below!

CONCLUSION
Not sure which ones exactly it needs but you don't need to rebloat every single application. I do know it's several of the preloaded Samsung packages. All the applications listed are related to Samsung Cloud one way or another. They must be INSTALLED and ENABLED! If I end up narrowing the list down further, I'll update this list of required applications.​

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Imgur with all the steps

3. Install the apk after seleting any of the either option and bang?????

TY??

TY

Thanks for the Instructions, I have installed "Armata" font.