How To Guide [NO ROOT REQUIRED] Install GApps Suite on Edge S (Stock China ROM)

Search This thread

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
Update: I made the tutorial as simple as possible.
*Remove sim card or turn on airplane mode*

1. Go to Settings > System > Google Play Services
2. Turn on Google Play Services
3. Install latest Google Play Store from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/
4. Install other Google Apps
5. To install Google Chrome, you MUST update "Android System Webview" first
6. Install your other apps.
*Disable first the stock Moto dialer, contacts, Lenovo Appcenter and LeCloud (as these apps will mess up your Google contacts).
7. Install Google sync contacts app attached to sync contacts.
8. Default Motorola Contactt app will sync your Google contacts (no need to install Google Contacts)
9. Default Motorola Calendar app will sync your Google calendar (no need to install Google Calendar)

Done.

-------
How to enable notifications in Motorola Edge S (phone will not kill the apps in background)

1. Go to Device Shield app
2. Go to Background Processing
3. Click the app one-by-one and update (as well as any app you installed that you want to receive notifications on time) to "Allow app running in background".
4. Go to Auto Start apps and enable your Google apps to auto start. I also do this with my other non-Google apps.

DONE. Your phone is now ready to use.

Attachments

• com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts_9-28_minAPI23(nodpi).apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Shadowthor

Jul 18, 2021
By going through this process, the play store will work with no issues after? Able to download whatever app you want or will it generate an error?

Reactions: fire159

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
By going through this process, the play store will work with no issues after? Able to download whatever app you want or will it generate an error?
Yes. No Playstore issue whatsoever. Google will be the default app store to download, install and update all your apps. You can disable the default Lenovo App Center app.

Google assistant works too (of course you need to download the assistant app from Playstore as well).

Shadowthor

Jul 18, 2021
Yes. No Playstore issue whatsoever. Google will be the default app store to download, install and update all your apps. You can disable the default Lenovo App Center app.

Google assistant works too (of course you need to download the assistant app from Playstore as well).
Awesome, that's good to know. do you think it will survive a factory reset or you have to go through these steps for each factory reset?

Last edited:

mcjwang

Jul 27, 2014
For those who do not need the Google suite, but only Play services dependent apps such as Play Store, Line, and GCam, enabling Google Services under "System" settings (>Advanced) works reliably and will update/install all your apps, too.

Loving the moto UI on Android 11, which lets you disable/uninstall almost anything including the built-in app store.

fire159

Jan 15, 2011
isfahan

3. Install latest Google Play Store from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/
8. Default Motorola Contactt app will sync your Google contacts (no need to install Google Contacts)
9. Default Motorola Calendar app will sync your Google calendar (no need to install Google Calendar)

Done.

-------
How to enable notifications in Motorola Edge S (phone will not kill the apps in background)

3. Click the app one-by-one and update (as well as any app you installed that you want to receive notifications on time) to "Allow app running in background".
4. Go to Auto Start apps and enable your Google apps to auto start. I also do this with my other non-Google apps.

Hi . Will this method also work for moto Edge s pro ( Edge 20 pro ) ?

fire159

Jan 15, 2011
isfahan
For those who do not need the Google suite, but only Play services dependent apps such as Play Store, Line, and GCam, enabling Google Services under "System" settings (>Advanced) works reliably and will update/install all your apps, too.

Loving the moto UI on Android 11, which lets you disable/uninstall almost anything including the built-in app store.
Are the icons and and Menu of edge s look like the g100 ? I mean the Chinese rom look like the global ?

EbubeNike

Dec 27, 2021
I want to get the moto edge s from AliExpress, but found out that the device is not on the list to receive android 12 update.

GoldLeeco2

Jul 16, 2016
I want to get the moto edge s from AliExpress, but found out that the device is not on the list to receive android 12 update.
You could considered the Moto Edge X30. It's available now on Aliexpress. It comes with Android 12 built in. It has much better specs than the Edge S, including a 50M OIS camera and the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 cpu. But of course, it more expensive.

XxThinqxX

Dec 21, 2021
Mas o G100 está nesta lista. Portanto, você ainda poderá instalar a Global Rom do Android 12 no Edge S.
This means that the edge S pro does not receive android 12 in official ways, the only way for it to receive android 12 and unlocking the device's bootload. (China won't give even one kind of OTA support)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*Disable first the stock Moto dialer, contacts, Lenovo Appcenter and LeCloud (as these apps will mess up your Google contacts).

Done.

-------

These steps work great so far with the 8gb/256gb variant. Only thing that needs troubleshooting from my end is the 5G band.