• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [NO ROOT]SercrtCode to unlock all country 5G and VoLTE!!!

Search This thread

berkar

Oct 15, 2018
volte and vowifi already work with old module for pixel5 but we looking to make 5g works now which is quite o much more complcated as modem is not qualcom anymore
Thank you, i know is different modem..., And pixel 5 volte vowifi works... But on pixel 6 works volte and vowifi? 5g is not important now.. please write any news about pixel 6 volte..

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
Thank you, i know is different modem..., And pixel 5 volte vowifi works... But on pixel 6 works volte and vowifi? 5g is not important now.. please write any news about pixel 6 volte..
i mean volte and vowifi works with our device by just use the old module for pixel5. 5G still not workable mate

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
Screenshot_20211125-232351.png

berkar

Oct 15, 2018
i mean volte and vowifi works with our device by just use the old module for pixel5. 5G still not workable mate
Dear tanipat! Thank you for your answer!
Please help me in private because its my first pixel phone, that any help how to use it..
Please its very important for my work that it have to work...
and after root will works the google pay and any others?

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
how did you got this module? i search on github i only find a version of pixel 3.
btw can this module enable 5g in "other country"?
for me 5G not work as i mentioned. first i try this below module also work for my Thailand Carrier

https://github.com/ender-zhao/Pixel-5-operator-network-unlock

but after sometime i think my signal not really good so i try this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/module-to-enable-5g-volte-vowifi-on-pixel4a-5g-pixel5.4207725/

noted that please use SWITCH ONLY another module in that thread is not work for p6p do not try otherwise you might need to wipe data as it will destroy your signal for good.

AGAIN ALL MODULE I TRIED 5G IS NOT WORKING. ONLY VOLTE AND VOWIFI (and this doesnt mean it will work both on your carrier you just need to try and test)

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
Dear tanipat! Thank you for your answer!
Please help me in private because its my first pixel phone, that any help how to use it..
Please its very important for my work that it have to work...
and after root will works the google pay and any others?
you can search in this forum for root and install magisk, after you root and install magisk you need to try flash module in magisk- navigate to my post above if you want to follow me exactly

luke1018

Nov 25, 2021
for me 5G not work as i mentioned. first i try this below module also work for my Thailand Carrier

https://github.com/ender-zhao/Pixel-5-operator-network-unlock

but after sometime i think my signal not really good so i try this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/module-to-enable-5g-volte-vowifi-on-pixel4a-5g-pixel5.4207725/

noted that please use SWITCH ONLY another module in that thread is not work for p6p do not try otherwise you might need to wipe data as it will destroy your signal for good.

AGAIN ALL MODULE I TRIED 5G IS NOT WORKING. ONLY VOLTE AND VOWIFI (and this doesnt mean it will work both on your carrier you just need to try and test)
thanks for your reply. i tried every module but 5g is still not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found some other stuff. But it's not for the fainth of heart ;-)

In /product/etc/CarrierSettings directory you have .pb (protobuf) files which contain carrier info (read: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/carrierid). For example there are specific files for US networks (e.g. sprint_us.pb), networks in France (e.g. bouygues_fr.pb), networks in UK (e.g. ee_gb.pb). I would say these will be "fully" supported by Google. There are 130 files there.

Just as an example, here is the config for the bouygues_fr.pb (Bouygues network in France):

Code:
    canonicalName: "bouygues_fr"
    version: 30000000317
    apns {
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues Telecom"
        value: "mmsbouygtel.com"
        type: DEFAULT
        type: SUPL
        type: MMS
        authtype: 1
        mmsc: "http://mms.bouyguestelecom.fr/mms/wapenc"
        protocol: IPV6
      }
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues Telecom IMS"
        value: "ims"
        type: IMS
        protocol: IPV4V6
        userVisible: false
      }
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues XCAP"
        type: XCAP
        bearerBitmask: "3|9|10|11|14|15|20"
      }
    }
    configs {
      config {
        key: "carrier_certificate_string_array"
        textArray {
          item: "A0058F6467628EA2031C4C9D8519ABECB2671F6A1752B15A89369CDCB8D2952B"
        }
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_cross_sim_ims_available_bool"
        boolValue: false
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_default_wfc_ims_mode_int"
        intValue: 1
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_supports_ss_over_ut_bool"
        boolValue: true
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_ussd_method_int"
        intValue: 2
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_volte_available_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "editable_wfc_mode_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.child_sa_rekey_hard_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 7400
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.child_sa_rekey_soft_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 7300
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.diffie_hellman_groups_int_array"
        intArray {
          item: 14
        }
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.ike_rekey_hard_timer_in_sec"
        intValue: 14800
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.ike_rekey_soft_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 14700
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.key_error_policy_config_string"
        textValue: "[{\"ApnName\": \"*\",\"ErrorTypes\": [{\"ErrorType\": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"9000\", \"10000\"],\"RetryArray\": [\"0\", \"0\"],\"UnthrottlingEv
    ents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT\", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}, {\"ErrorType\": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"1050
    0\"],\"RetryArray\": [\"3600\", \"-1\"],\"UnthrottlingEvents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT\", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}, {\"ErrorType\
    ": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"11002\", \"11003\"],\"RetryArray\": [],\"UnthrottlingEvents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT
    \", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}]}]"
      }
      config {
        key: "maxImageHeight"
        intValue: 1944
      }
      config {
        key: "maxImageWidth"
        intValue: 2592
      }
      config {
        key: "maxMessageSize"
        intValue: 614400
      }
      config {
        key: "show_4g_for_lte_data_icon_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "supportHttpCharsetHeader"
      }
    }

As you can see in the config part, it has an indication that VoLTE is available. And when it is available, it will show the 4G icon in the status bar (instead of the LTE icon). I know that this works, because I tested with my brother's SIM card which is on that exact network.

There is one file, called '/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb' (on the phone) which has carrier specs for ALL other networks in the world. However, these specs seem to be rather minimal. Not all networks are even there (I am currently on Belgian Youfone which is missing from that file). I checked, for example, for the Proximus network in Belgium and there very little configuration, e.g. no indication of VoLTE (which I know is there).

Maybe - but I'm not 100% sure - network info can be added via these files.

I fiddled around with this others.pb file. First, decompile the .pb (protobuf) into text, then modify test, then recompile the text into pb (protobuf) format, then (using a Magisk bind mount) overwrite /etc/product/CarrierSettings/others.pb on the phone.

And tada, when I refreshed the APN info, my Youfone network and APN spec were there, automatically selected by the phone.

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe VoLTE/5G can be added as well through these files.

You need to do some research. First read the article: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/carrierid, this explains a bit how the Carrier pb files are

You will need the protoc tool (see https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf). I downloaded the source and built it from source. It allows you to decompile/recompile the pb files, e.g. on Linux:

Code:
    Decompile pb file into text:

> protoc -I. --decode=MultiCarrierSettings carriersettings.proto < ~/pixel/raven-sd1a.210817.037/mnt/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb > out.txt

The carriersettings.proto file can be downloaded from: https://github.com/daradib/carriersettings-extractor

Then edit the out.txt file, modify/add your network details, remove the last 3 lines of the file (some sort of version indicator I'm guessing), finally recompile into protobuf using:

Code:
    Recompile text file into protobuf:

> cat out.txt | protoc --encode=MultiCarrierSettings carriersettings.proto > others.pb

You will need a Magisk module to 'replace' the others.pb file on your phone. Module is attached, download it (the original phone's 'other.pb' file is in there).

First, unzip it, then copy YOUR modified pb file, then re-zip it.

Code:
    > cd temp
    > unzip ~/replaceotherspb.zip
    > cp mymodifiedpbfile.pb system/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb
    > zip -r ~/mymagisk.zip .
    > adb push ~/mymagisk.zip /sdcard/

Then install the module mymagisk.zip using the Magisk app. Go to settings > network > your SIM > access points, tap the 3 dots and 'refresh'. Your modified carrier details should be loaded now.

Again, I'm absolutely not an expert in this ... so can't really support ... I'm not even sure if this will allow you to activate VoLTE/5G, but worth a try. Good luck.

i installed Volte via magisk and volte working for me outside google service countries.
    ahhh ok.. thats wy i not understand, because the topic name is no root enable volte….
    thats why i dont understand how to add module…
    but thank you very much👍🏿
    actually there is no enough information on how to enable volte without root. OP just giving some files and said it could be enabled but no instruction no further reply.
    i'm sorry my english is not good.
    You can use this for translations:

ahhh ok.. thats wy i not understand, because the topic name is no root enable volte….
    thats why i dont understand how to add module…
    but thank you very much👍🏿
    But Crack920 know how to do it without root. let him make it clear or someone who knows his language makes a thread and helps all of us.
    *#*#0702#*#*

no thanks
    What should we do with this file?

Seeing that this user has only posted 12 messages, I'm guessing this was among their first 10. Last I remember, XDA requires 10 messages to be posted by a user in order to get some kind of further permissions, although I don't remember what, although that was back on the old forum software. These days there are also achievements to get "XP" and "levels", and that might've been one.

Long story medium, the user likely posted nearly useless information to get their post-count up to 10. As his only useful comment says in the OP "no thanks". :) I'm not even downloading something that I don't know what I'm expecting, much less looking in the zip or doing anything else, and some of the settings accessible via the dialer code are likely dangerous unless you know exactly what you're doing, so without actual instructions detailing what the code has to do with the title of the thread, I wouldn't bother.

I'm tempted to report the thread. Normally I wouldn't bother as this kind of thread from new users is a dime a dozen but it's pretty blatantly a misleading thread title without more information, and with no description of what the file is supposed to be, and the only words in the OP being "no thanks" just screams "what the bloody hell" to me.

[/rant] :D

*#*#0702#*#*

no thanks
    I found some other stuff. But it's not for the fainth of heart ;-)

In /product/etc/CarrierSettings directory you have .pb (protobuf) files which contain carrier info (read: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/carrierid). For example there are specific files for US networks (e.g. sprint_us.pb), networks in France (e.g. bouygues_fr.pb), networks in UK (e.g. ee_gb.pb). I would say these will be "fully" supported by Google. There are 130 files there.

Just as an example, here is the config for the bouygues_fr.pb (Bouygues network in France):

Code:
    canonicalName: "bouygues_fr"
    version: 30000000317
    apns {
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues Telecom"
        type: DEFAULT
        type: SUPL
        type: MMS
        mmsc: "http://mms.bouyguestelecom.fr/mms/wapenc"
      }
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues Telecom IMS"
        value: "ims"
        type: IMS
        protocol: IPV4V6
        userVisible: false
      }
      apn {
        name: "Bouygues XCAP"
        type: XCAP
        bearerBitmask: "3|9|10|11|14|15|20"
      }
    }
    configs {
      config {
        key: "carrier_certificate_string_array"
        textArray {
          item: "A0058F6467628EA2031C4C9D8519ABECB2671F6A1752B15A89369CDCB8D2952B"
        }
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_cross_sim_ims_available_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_default_wfc_ims_mode_int"
        intValue: 1
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_supports_ss_over_ut_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_ussd_method_int"
        intValue: 2
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_volte_available_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "carrier_wfc_ims_available_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "editable_wfc_mode_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.child_sa_rekey_hard_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 7400
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.child_sa_rekey_soft_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 7300
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.diffie_hellman_groups_int_array"
        intArray {
          item: 14
        }
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.ike_rekey_hard_timer_in_sec"
        intValue: 14800
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.ike_rekey_soft_timer_sec_int"
        intValue: 14700
      }
      config {
        key: "iwlan.key_error_policy_config_string"
        textValue: "[{\"ApnName\": \"*\",\"ErrorTypes\": [{\"ErrorType\": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"9000\", \"10000\"],\"RetryArray\": [\"0\", \"0\"],\"UnthrottlingEv
    ents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT\", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}, {\"ErrorType\": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"1050
    0\"],\"RetryArray\": [\"3600\", \"-1\"],\"UnthrottlingEvents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT\", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}, {\"ErrorType\
    ": \"IKE_PROTOCOL_ERROR_TYPE\",\"ErrorDetails\": [\"11002\", \"11003\"],\"RetryArray\": [],\"UnthrottlingEvents\": [\"APM_ENABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_DISABLE_EVENT\", \"WIFI_AP_CHANGED_EVENT
    \", \"WIFI_CALLING_DISABLE_EVENT\"]}]}]"
      }
      config {
        key: "maxImageHeight"
        intValue: 1944
      }
      config {
        key: "maxImageWidth"
        intValue: 2592
      }
      config {
        key: "maxMessageSize"
        intValue: 614400
      }
      config {
        key: "show_4g_for_lte_data_icon_bool"
      }
      config {
        key: "supportHttpCharsetHeader"
      }
    }

As you can see in the config part, it has an indication that VoLTE is available. And when it is available, it will show the 4G icon in the status bar (instead of the LTE icon). I know that this works, because I tested with my brother's SIM card which is on that exact network.

There is one file, called '/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb' (on the phone) which has carrier specs for ALL other networks in the world. However, these specs seem to be rather minimal. Not all networks are even there (I am currently on Belgian Youfone which is missing from that file). I checked, for example, for the Proximus network in Belgium and there very little configuration, e.g. no indication of VoLTE (which I know is there).

Maybe - but I'm not 100% sure - network info can be added via these files.

I fiddled around with this others.pb file. First, decompile the .pb (protobuf) into text, then modify test, then recompile the text into pb (protobuf) format, then (using a Magisk bind mount) overwrite /etc/product/CarrierSettings/others.pb on the phone.

And tada, when I refreshed the APN info, my Youfone network and APN spec were there, automatically selected by the phone.

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe VoLTE/5G can be added as well through these files.

You need to do some research. First read the article: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/carrierid, this explains a bit how the Carrier pb files are

You will need the protoc tool (see https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf). I downloaded the source and built it from source. It allows you to decompile/recompile the pb files, e.g. on Linux:

Code:
    Decompile pb file into text:

> protoc -I. --decode=MultiCarrierSettings carriersettings.proto < ~/pixel/raven-sd1a.210817.037/mnt/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb > out.txt

The carriersettings.proto file can be downloaded from: https://github.com/daradib/carriersettings-extractor

Then edit the out.txt file, modify/add your network details, remove the last 3 lines of the file (some sort of version indicator I'm guessing), finally recompile into protobuf using:

Code:
    Recompile text file into protobuf:

> cat out.txt | protoc --encode=MultiCarrierSettings carriersettings.proto > others.pb

You will need a Magisk module to 'replace' the others.pb file on your phone. Module is attached, download it (the original phone's 'other.pb' file is in there).

First, unzip it, then copy YOUR modified pb file, then re-zip it.

Code:
    > cd temp
    > unzip ~/replaceotherspb.zip
    > cp mymodifiedpbfile.pb system/product/etc/CarrierSettings/others.pb
    > zip -r ~/mymagisk.zip .
    > adb push ~/mymagisk.zip /sdcard/

Then install the module mymagisk.zip using the Magisk app. Go to settings > network > your SIM > access points, tap the 3 dots and 'refresh'. Your modified carrier details should be loaded now.

Again, I'm absolutely not an expert in this ... so can't really support ... I'm not even sure if this will allow you to activate VoLTE/5G, but worth a try. Good luck.

i installed Volte via magisk and volte working for me outside google service countries.
    @Crack920 I've changed the prefix of the thread as it didn't qualify for the prefix "Development". Please don't change it back and read the stuck guidance threads! Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator