• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No stock rom on oneplus/tmobile website

Search This thread

onyxcode

Im having a device corrupt error and cannot access phone anymore. Im trying to find the stock rom to flash with MSM tool but cantyfind it anywhere. You'd think oneplus would have it up on their website already.
Anyone?
Take it to T-Mobile to get it fixed. They most likely don't have it up because all devices from T-Mobile are locked by carrier.

enian.doda

Aug 16, 2014
Tirana
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Everytime i go to tmobile for any request, it's always like they their first time doing it (whatever it is).
These people need to be trained on stuff other than the check my balance requests.
I figured if i go to them it'll just be a waste of time.

onyxcode

Everytime i go to tmobile for any request, it's always like they their first time doing it (whatever it is).
These people need to be trained on stuff other than the check my balance requests.
I figured if i go to them it'll just be a waste of time.
Try contacting their phone support or go to a corporate store instead of an affiliate location.

daboross

Hopefully we can get the stock rom with Amazon & BB selling unlocked version.

I've got an unlocked and bootloader-unlocked phone - I bought it from OnePlus directly.

If there's an easy way to get the bootloader from an unlocked phone, I'm definitely willing to try it. Everything seems to require a working custom recovery, though, at the very least.

See the discussion in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/can-anyone-upload-the-boot-img-if-they-can-find-it.4303179/ - it's a very similar problem, and if we get a boot.img that can be patched for root access, grabbing the stock rom should be fairly easy too.

Reactions: onyxcode

daboross

There's a major problem: OnePlus has abandoned this phone
There's a big difference between abandoning a phone and simply not *yet* providing support.

If this phone was 2 or 3 years old I'd believe you. But that's not the case.

The OnePlus Nord N200 5G was released June 25th, 2021. It's only been a little over a month! And they're actively selling them on their website *and partnering with T-Mobile*.

We'll see if they ever release the ROMs - it's a very cheap phone, so they might not. But I would be very surprised if they abandon the phone within this year, and they *certainly* have not abandoned it yet.

enian.doda

Aug 16, 2014
Tirana
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
It's not abandoned yet.. it's waaay too early.
I inquired oneplus support regarding the firmware.
Screenshot_20210731-173502.jpg

mingkee

There's a big difference between abandoning a phone and simply not *yet* providing support.

The OnePlus Nord N200 5G was released June 25th, 2021. It's only been a little over a month! And they're actively selling them on their website *and partnering with T-Mobile*.

We'll see if they ever release the ROMs - it's a very cheap phone, so they might not. But I would be very surprised if they abandon the phone within this year, and they *certainly* have not abandoned it yet.
Then where's official accessory?
It's been 6 weeks (I bought it at Jun 25)
I bought a case at T-Mobile store and I put on tempered glass for N10

daboross

Then where's official accessory?
It's been 6 weeks (I bought it at Jun 25)
I bought a case at T-Mobile store and I put on tempered glass for N10
I suspect they don't plan to make any, the phone is too cheap and they are partnering with T-Mobile to sell it.

I think the T-Mobile store accessories are as official as we're going to get.

That doesn't mean they've abandoned it. They are just treating this phone as less important than their premium ones. And given the price, that seems reasonable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did a warranty replacement from T-Mobile.
    A corporate store is worth a try i guess.
    Hopefully we can get the stock rom with Amazon & BB selling unlocked version.

I've got an unlocked and bootloader-unlocked phone - I bought it from OnePlus directly.

If there's an easy way to get the bootloader from an unlocked phone, I'm definitely willing to try it. Everything seems to require a working custom recovery, though, at the very least.

See the discussion in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/can-anyone-upload-the-boot-img-if-they-can-find-it.4303179/ - it's a very similar problem, and if we get a boot.img that can be patched for root access, grabbing the stock rom should be fairly easy too.
    There's a major problem: OnePlus has abandoned this phone

It's not abandoned yet.. it's waaay too early.
    I inquired oneplus support regarding the firmware.
    Screenshot_20210731-173502.jpg