• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No sulotion for MMS on Samsung Omnia 7

Search This thread

scoob101

Jan 19, 2006
In an attempt to clarify what the OP is saying::

He needs to set his MMS settings to a carrier which is NOT LISTED in the "connection setup" style apps which are in the manufactueres section of the marketplace.

If your carrier isn`t listed in these applications there is NO standard way of getting your MMS working on your new carrier.

Carriers do NOT yet support sending a "config SMS" message to WP7 phones, so thats no altnernative either.

So: What he needs is a method to edit or update the XML inside WP7 directly (presumably this would only work on a jailbroken phone). The MMS settings are stored inside an XML file in WP7 which is not editable by the user. He needs to be able to change that XML`s mms settings to fix his problem.

Nowaynoway

May 6, 2007
Jeddah
In an attempt to clarify what the OP is saying::

He needs to set his MMS settings to a carrier which is NOT LISTED in the "connection setup" style apps which are in the manufactueres section of the marketplace.

If your carrier isn`t listed in these applications there is NO standard way of getting your MMS working on your new carrier.

Carriers do NOT yet support sending a "config SMS" message to WP7 phones, so thats no altnernative either.

So: What he needs is a method to edit or update the XML inside WP7 directly (presumably this would only work on a jailbroken phone). The MMS settings are stored inside an XML file in WP7 which is not editable by the user. He needs to be able to change that XML`s mms settings to fix his problem.

yes this is what i want... i hope some developer can write an app or find a solution for it..

johndoe0045

Aug 12, 2011

Well said, I am on the lookout for the exact same!

I'm using a minor Danish provider (Oister mobile), who uses 3's network. Furthermore, I bought my unbranded and unlocked Omnia7 in Germany, so the Samsung app is only showing German providers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly doubt that my service provider will emerge from the Samsung app list if I choose to flash my device?

I'm on the edge to offer a donation to the guy who solves this issue :)

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
Use this xml, edit the value, then copy it to /provxml. then apply it with *#9908# in diagnose tools. To check whether the settings applied or not, use *#9920# or better yet, compare the value before you apply the setting and after you applied it.

from my analysis. to get your gprs / mms settings automatically, you just have to turn the ADC flag in registry on. After that, restart your device, it will then applied the setting automatically. no need network profile tools. but of course you have to unlock your device.

in my case however, the gprs settings did worked, but not the mms (different port if I compared it with the configuration listed in my carrier website, 3 Indonesia), and so I thought the problem is that the settings applied in my phone is still incorrect. Also my carrier doesn't have detailed MMS configuration such as MMSC server, only APN, user, pass, homepage, proxy, and port. I don't really know how to apply this settings on the xml file that I have.

Attachments

• 3.rar
    627 bytes · Views: 157
Last edited:
Reactions: johndoe0045

Sanien

Aug 12, 2008
Same same

Well said, I am on the lookout for the exact same!

I'm using a minor Danish provider (Oister mobile), who uses 3's network. Furthermore, I bought my unbranded and unlocked Omnia7 in Germany, so the Samsung app is only showing German providers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly doubt that my service provider will emerge from the Samsung app list if I choose to flash my device?

I'm on the edge to offer a donation to the guy who solves this issue :)

Well I also got my phone off ebay in germany. I have unbranded it and updated to Mango RTM, still can't get the sms to work even though DK 3 is on the profile list. Funny some how I remember it worked a while when I had unbranded Nodo or Mango beta.... hmmm
SUX

mezmer1ze

Mar 31, 2010
Hi,
I had the same troubles, MMS not working with unbranded firmware, bought at TM Germany.
The thing I did to make it work was set in Network Profile any other network but the one you are using, then set it back to my current network and it all got fixed and now my MMS are working.

johndoe0045

Aug 12, 2011
Whooop, whooop - Samsung Omnia 7 with non-default MMS-settings

Wooop, wooop, finally got this to work. Trial and error is soooo underrated.

Find your serivce provider MMS details. I got the following from mine:

Internet-APN: data.dk
MMS-APN: data.dk
MMS-gateway/MMSC: h t t p : / / mms . oister . dk
'Proxy-adress: h t t p : / / mmsproxy . oister . dk
Proxy-port: 8799

This is basically what is written in the OTA-smses you receive on older phones.

I made an overview where to insert the data in the xml, for those who do not want to experiment them selves (see the picture).

Prerequisites:
Chevron-unlocked WP7 (see amongst others ansar's very nice step-by-step instruction which I followed before all this. Here you will also learn how to transfer xmls to your phone, like minori_aoi breifly describes)
No APN should be inserted in settings->cellular
Microsoft ADC should be turned OFF.
Network profile-app from samsung should be uninstalled!! (crap for us who uses providers not in their list)

But everything is working now - thanks to minori_aoi for leading the way

Attachments

• expl.jpg
    expl.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 257
  • oister2.zip
    675 bytes · Views: 129

johndoe0045

Aug 12, 2011
Copy where and haw. Can you provide more useful information?

See this thread for more info on transfering xmls to your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1101344

For Samsung devices:

- On Laptop:

-- disconnect Omnia 7 from usb cable

-- run zune

-- connect Omnia 7 usb cable to Laptop and wait for sync to complete

-- double, click on Wp7UsbStorageEnabler.exe and click on Enable

-- close zune

-- browse in folder of Update_Mango.xml right click on it and select copy

-- in windows explorer click on SAMSUNG OMNIA device and click on Storage folder in right window pane

-- right click on Storage and select paste

-- in Wp7UsbStorageEnabler click on Disable and then click on Quit

- On windows phone:

-- verify that is not in screen locked or in sleep mode

-- tap on top right arrow

-- find and tap on WP7RootTools

-- scroll up welcome screen and tap on continue

-- tap on circled + and create provxml folder

-- scroll registry screen left and tap on My Documents

-- in My Documents screen tap on Zune

-- in Zune screen tap on Content

-- in Content screen tap on 0400 folder

-- in 0400 screen tap on 00 folder

-- in 00 screen tap and hold on 0x.z file and tap on cut

-- tap on bottom left arrow until Explorer screen appears

-- tap on provxml folder to open it

andycted

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
I'm stuck on getting a working XML for the MMS settings. I can change the settings alright using the Diagnostics tools and GPRS method, but it still isn't working.

I'm on T-Mobile UK and have used the settings from here (or tried to): http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=SOFTWAREDOWNLOADS

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks

Trying the same thing on H3G (Tre) Italia. The MMS settings are ok, because I used it on android with success, but so far no luck with this.

EDIT: Actually - yes - trial and error is unappreciated hehe... it works !!

Attachments

• apn_tre.zip
    719 bytes · Views: 80
Last edited:

sa3ad

Nov 29, 2010
Jiddah
I have the tool and it didn't help me
because settings are automated , here in saudi arabia no carier has the settings because it is not yet in the market here , what samsung network app does is detecting network settings but as they don't exist yet , how can it find which isn't thier.
it is a matter of time , when it is (wp7) officially here , you will get settings by sms or auto detecting by the device.

Kaa-eL-Haa

Feb 2, 2009
Copenhagen
Finally figured out how to finish the installation of this:

See this thread for more info on transfering xmls to your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1101344

Then go to provxml folder and paste the file. Name it something.xml.

Then open Samsung diagnosis app (can be installed by calling ##634#) and type *#9908#, select the xml you just added to provXML folder and click save.

You can then verify the settings have been installed by typing *#9920# in the diagnosis app. I've successfully installed to previously provided Oister XML.

DesiChoza

Aug 28, 2011
I'm not getting mms to work with my operator. Here are settings from my operator:

internet vpn: internet.ventelo.no (line 6: NAP-ADDRESS) (Working)

mms vpn: mms.ventelo.no (line 17: NAP-ADDRESS)
username: ventelo (line 20: AUTHNAME)
password: 1111 (line 21: AUTHSECRET)

mmsc: hhp://mmsc/ (line 29&46: DOMAIN & ADDR)
proxy: 10.10.10.11 (line 33: PXADDR)
port: 8080 (line 35: PORTNBR)

I have tried different combinations but no luck. I think it can be the mmsc address. It looks kind of generic but that's what it say on my operators website. Any suggestion?

Edit: IT WORKED AT LAST!!! Trial and error is the key here as many before me have said. In my case it worked after 10-12 tries. I had actually given up. :D
AUTHTYPE was my Achilles' heel. Setting the value="" on line 19 solved everything.

Last edited:

johndoe0045

Aug 12, 2011
Since I changed mine (with the XML in my last post) I can now receive MMS but can't send them.

Just been reviewing your xml, it seems strange that you can recievie and not send. I spotted two things:

1) MMSC-center lacks port number (don't know if you can add it this way):

<parm name="DOMAIN" value=" h t t p : / / mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002"/>

2) Missing user and password to APN:

<parm name="AUTHNAME" value="tm"/>
<parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="user"/>

That is just my two cents - don't know if it helps.

I have just upgraded to 7720 RTM, and the old xml working in Nodo is not working anymore. So it is all trial and error from the top - jesus!

sa3ad

Nov 29, 2010
Jiddah
Finally figured out how to finish the installation of this:

Then go to provxml folder and paste the file. Name it something.xml.

Then open Samsung diagnosis app (can be installed by calling ##634#) and type *#9908#, select the xml you just added to provXML folder and click save.

You can then verify the settings have been installed by typing *#9920# in the diagnosis app. I've successfully installed to previously provided Oister XML.
thank you all
my provider (stc) in Saudi Arabia doesn't have the mms settings for Omnia 7 because it is not here yet , so it is not supported , and my provider is not listed on Samsung network profile .
i downloaded the xml file in this thread and edited my provider's mms settings and now it is working .
i sent an image and received one
and for any body in Saudi Arabia might need the xml file for STC
HERE

Last edited:

Riley600

Dec 29, 2010
Vancouver
Htc hd7 mms

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to get MMS to work on an HTC HD7 (a T-Mobile phone unlocked for Mobilicity in Canada). I believe I have to edit a provxml file but can't seem to get the settings right. The APN settings for Mobilicity can be found here. I just need to figure out to put them into a provxml file. I assuming I can write it in notepad and rename it to a provxml file? The phone is unlocked so I have interop access.

Attached is what I have so far...but I can't seem to be able to send MMS messages with these settings. Anybody have any hints as to what I'm doing wrong - or is able to write me a provxml file for my carrier's MMS APN?

Thanks in advance! :D

Attachments

• mxipupdate_TMOUSAPNMMS_100.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 65

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed on a Samsung Focus

Confirmed this process works, but it takes a little bit of work. Below is a simplified step by step process that worked on my Mango phone.

1. Developer Unlock your phone. I used Chevron WP7 ($10). Make sure to follow all the directions on their website. This is needed to sideload apps.

2. Download and install Windows Phone Power Tools onto your PC from the devs site here. This is needed to easily transfer files from your computer to an application installed through the Power Tools.

2.5. If you have a Samsung phone use the Diagnosis app (install it by calling ##634# on the phone) to check your current internet/mms settings. Check the settings by typing *#9920# INTO the Diagnosis app. Take mental note or write them down in case you want them later.

3. Interop Unlock your phone. I suggest you install the app through Windows Phone Power Tools, makes for easy management. Follow the directions on Post#1 of thread number 1271963. This is needed to sideload apps that use the interop flag (ie native code). If you are changing your internet/MMS setting right away you won't have to worry about fixing your internet settings as suggested in this thread.

4. Install the On-Device ProvXML tool from thread 1238519 using Windows Phone Power Tools (necessary to add your provxml file).

5. Using the provxml example files from posts in this thread create your own file with the settings for your provider. Experimentation really is the key here, it WILL eventually work with the right settings in the right spots.

6. Using Windows Phone Power Tools, copy (Put File) the provxml file you created for your carrier into the On-Device ProvXML app storage.

7. Open the On-Device ProvXML app and swipe left to the ISO STORE screen. Long press the file you just copied and select EXECUTE. The app should tell you it executed successfully. Close out of the app.

7.5. If you have a Samsung device check your connection settings again to see if they changed to what you wanted. This is good to check in case a change you made in your file did not do what you wanted it to do in the settings.

8. Try sending a MMS! If it doesn't work, keep working on your provxml file and repeat steps 6 and 7.

My first post here in xda-dev, I hope it helps the brave souls using WP7 on different carriers!

I'll upload my provxml files for Red Pocket Mobile/JOLT and have a quick chat about things I've noticed in a post to follow.
    Working on Straight Talk ATT!

Just thought I would help anyone out that is trying to get mms working with Straight Talk on ATT towers. I have attached the xml that worked for me. Thank you very much for the tutorial.
    Use this xml, edit the value, then copy it to /provxml. then apply it with *#9908# in diagnose tools. To check whether the settings applied or not, use *#9920# or better yet, compare the value before you apply the setting and after you applied it.

from my analysis. to get your gprs / mms settings automatically, you just have to turn the ADC flag in registry on. After that, restart your device, it will then applied the setting automatically. no need network profile tools. but of course you have to unlock your device.

in my case however, the gprs settings did worked, but not the mms (different port if I compared it with the configuration listed in my carrier website, 3 Indonesia), and so I thought the problem is that the settings applied in my phone is still incorrect. Also my carrier doesn't have detailed MMS configuration such as MMSC server, only APN, user, pass, homepage, proxy, and port. I don't really know how to apply this settings on the xml file that I have.
    It worked!!

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to get MMS to work on an HTC HD7 (a T-Mobile phone unlocked for Mobilicity in Canada). I believe I have to edit a provxml file but can't seem to get the settings right. The APN settings for Mobilicity can be found here. I just need to figure out to put them into a provxml file. I assuming I can write it in notepad and rename it to a provxml file? The phone is unlocked so I have interop access.

Attached is what I have so far...but I can't seem to be able to send MMS messages with these settings. Anybody have any hints as to what I'm doing wrong - or is able to write me a provxml file for my carrier's MMS APN?

Thanks in advance! :D

WOHO!

Confirmed that this exact MMS settings made by Riley600 works on Mobilicity in Toronto, Canada on my t-mobile branded HTC HD7, Official Mango, HTC Driver V1, Chevron Unlocked, Interop Unlocked. The process is pretty long and this is a condensed version. I used the DiagProvXMLv0.91_IS.xap tool to execute the XML code on my phone. In order to get the XML code onto my phone in the 1st place, I used the Windows Phone Power Tools.

Seriously, the process is ridiculously long to fix this MMS issue.