• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No touch screen

Search This thread

nowell29

Feb 4, 2009
Phoenix
I had to retire my D4 for a couple months because the touch screen stopped working and I needed a working business phone. I finally got around to ordering a new screen/digitizer and put that on (the old one wasn't broken, but for $10 I thought I would good it a shot). The new screen is still no improvement. Has anybody had the touch screen quit on them and then found a successful fix? Rotation is fine. Has to be hardware in my opinion since twrp won't respond to touch either.

Sent from my "not-D4" using Tapatalk 2

raw33

Aug 26, 2010
I had to retire my D4 for a couple months because the touch screen stopped working and I needed a working business phone. I finally got around to ordering a new screen/digitizer and put that on (the old one wasn't broken, but for $10 I thought I would good it a shot). The new screen is still no improvement. Has anybody had the touch screen quit on them and then found a successful fix? Rotation is fine. Has to be hardware in my opinion since twrp won't respond to touch either.

Sent from my "not-D4" using Tapatalk 2

Good question. I have a similar problem.

I dropped my Droid 4 and shattered the touch screen. I ordered and replaced the touch screen and it worked fine. Unfortunately my OCD kicked in and I decided to tear it apart and buff out minor scratches under the screen (stupid). After putting it back together, only the top half of the touch screen responds. I assume I ruined the digitizer once again by using a buffer on it, but just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be the LCD screen itself I may have ruined.

Any help would be great. Thanks!