• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No turbo charge with other USB cables

Search This thread

doribak

Feb 21, 2016
The cable that comes with the 67w charger is super short so i bought 66w 3a or something cables that should support the turbo charge.

Not only it doesn't turbo charge but not even quick charge.

Anyway to bypass this Xiaomi only cables protection?

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
The cable that comes with the 67w charger is super short so i bought 66w 3a or something cables that should support the turbo charge.

Not only it doesn't turbo charge but not even quick charge.

Anyway to bypass this Xiaomi only cables protection?
I bought a 100W USBC cable and have no issue to turbo charge with it if plugged to the Xiaomi charger.
Where I am a bit disappointed is I bought an Aukey charger and unfortunately it only fats charges but doesn't turbo charge :(

Gh5st

Sep 25, 2020
There is no "xiaomi cable only" or similar restrictions.
The cable you bought is just not "good enough".

You need a cable that supports at least 6A I think.
I have several cables and also cables that support Ultra Charge and are not from xiaomi.
But in fact it is so that even with these cables (Although ultra charge is displayed) is not charged as fast as with the original cable. 😕

If you want to use the power supply with 100 percent of the possible performance I have actually only managed to do so far with the original cable ...

vanshee

Sep 15, 2012
London, UK
HTC One X
HTC One X+
It's not about "Xiaomi only" cable. Power delivery is dependant on the lenght of the cable. For my old OP7T Pro the cable that came with the phone is thick as the one that Xiaomi uses. But i needed longer one and when i got it, it was thick flat cable. Looks lika SATA cable - like 2mm thick and 8mm wide. I'm thinking that if we want turbo charge with 1,5-2m cable it needs to be very high quality with the highest specs available.

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
It's not about "Xiaomi only" cable. Power delivery is dependant on the lenght of the cable. For my old OP7T Pro the cable that came with the phone is thick as the one that Xiaomi uses. But i needed longer one and when i got it, it was thick flat cable. Looks lika SATA cable - like 2mm thick and 8mm wide. I'm thinking that if we want turbo charge with 1,5-2m cable it needs to be very high quality with the highest specs available.
You will get some degrade in voltage when you increase the cable length

The charger brick can output 67w Max and if you double or triple the length of the cable all 67w will not reach the phone

On a high quality (expensive) cable you might get most of it and on a cheap cable from the dollar store or eBay it might take several hours to fully charge because the cable might only be rated to send 5w ,10w or 18w

Other factors come into play like room temperature , how many apps are running in the background/foreground , whether or not you're connected to 5g , wifi , Bluetooth devices and whether the screen is on or off

Best results normally come from the cable that came with it and I read it's the only one that works with the mi unlock app to unlock your bootloader

Reactions: vanshee

chistery

May 24, 2010
London
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
My Oneplus 150cm dash cable displays Mi Turbo Charge / Rapid charging but doesn't count up like the original cable does when it displays Mi Turbo Charge.

My "ACAGET USB C Cable 2M, 55W 6A Charge Turbo" cable just displays quick charge / fast charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no "xiaomi cable only" or similar restrictions.
    The cable you bought is just not "good enough".

You need a cable that supports at least 6A I think.
    I have several cables and also cables that support Ultra Charge and are not from xiaomi.
    But in fact it is so that even with these cables (Although ultra charge is displayed) is not charged as fast as with the original cable. 😕

If you want to use the power supply with 100 percent of the possible performance I have actually only managed to do so far with the original cable ...
    You will get some degrade in voltage when you increase the cable length

The charger brick can output 67w Max and if you double or triple the length of the cable all 67w will not reach the phone

On a high quality (expensive) cable you might get most of it and on a cheap cable from the dollar store or eBay it might take several hours to fully charge because the cable might only be rated to send 5w ,10w or 18w

Other factors come into play like room temperature , how many apps are running in the background/foreground , whether or not you're connected to 5g , wifi , Bluetooth devices and whether the screen is on or off

Best results normally come from the cable that came with it and I read it's the only one that works with the mi unlock app to unlock your bootloader