Question No TWRP folder

Search This thread

May 9, 2022
I have flashed TWRP to recovery (on my unlocked Redmi Note 10 Pro) and can access it no problem. But I have no TWRP folder on my phone and cannot see one when connected to my computer.

I have reflashed to try to fix it, but no change. I found a thread where the suggested terminal commands but I would need to root my phone and I don't think that is something I should be doing. Any suggestions?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I have flashed TWRP to recovery (on my unlocked Redmi Note 10 Pro) and can access it no problem. But I have no TWRP folder on my phone and cannot see one when connected to my computer.

I have reflashed to try to fix it, but no change. I found a thread where the suggested terminal commands but I would need to root my phone and I don't think that is something I should be doing. Any suggestions?

I think you can't access internal storage in case of encryption.
Google about decryption pros cons ... if you're fine with decryption check out dfe in our forum

May 9, 2022
I think you can't access internal storage in case of encryption.
Google about decryption pros cons ... if you're fine with decryption check out dfe in our forum
I read about that but I thought I'd see 0MB or weird filenames while looking at the filesystem in TWRP recovery and neither is the case. I did have to enter my password the first time I used TWRP and I have never been asked for it since.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I read about that but I thought I'd see 0MB or weird filenames while looking at the filesystem in TWRP recovery and neither is the case. I did have to enter my password the first time I used TWRP and I have never been asked for it since.
Which recovery you've installed? Try newest orange fox

May 9, 2022
Which recovery you've installed? Try newest orange fox

So I had twrp 3.6_11-sweet installed. I just flashed Orange fox (the latest stable version) to recovery, and then I could no longer access recovery - it just restarted to flashboot. I had this problem when I tried to flash the Pixel Experience image too.

So I flashed TWRP to recovery again and everything is back to normal. But the problem is that I can’t use TWRP because there’s no folder installed.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
So I had twrp 3.6_11-sweet installed. I just flashed Orange fox (the latest stable version) to recovery, and then I could no longer access recovery - it just restarted to flashboot. I had this problem when I tried to flash the Pixel Experience image too.

So I flashed TWRP to recovery again and everything is back to normal. But the problem is that I can’t use TWRP because there’s no folder installed.
How you exactly flashed recovery?
Orange fox is working quite good....

May 9, 2022
How you exactly flashed recovery?
Orange fox is working quite good....
So I put the phone in fastboot mode -> connected to PC with usb -> check connection in cmd (fastboot devices) -> fastboot flash recovery "recovery_orange fox.img" -> power+up
And I get sent back to the fastboot screen

I must be doing something wrong but I have watched videos and read instructions and I don't know what it is.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
So I put the phone in fastboot mode -> connected to PC with usb -> check connection in cmd (fastboot devices) -> fastboot flash recovery "recovery_orange fox.img" -> power+up
And I get sent back to the fastboot screen

I must be doing something wrong but I have watched videos and read instructions and I don't know what it is.
Sounds ok
But without the quotes and no spaces, means change the file name like cmd:
fastboot flash recovery orangefox.img

May 9, 2022
Sounds ok
But without the quotes and no spaces, means change the file name like cmd:
fastboot flash recovery orangefox.img
I renamed the file but same result - it cycles through back to fastboot instead of recovery.

I don't understand. It's like it only accepts the twrp image, but even that doesn't install right.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I renamed the file but same result - it cycles through back to fastboot instead of recovery.

I don't understand. It's like it only accepts the twrp image, but even that doesn't install right.
Please make a pc screenshot from flashing progress

You've switched on developer option usb debugging?

May 9, 2022
Please make a pc screenshot from flashing progress

You've switched on developer option usb debugging?
Here's the screenshot. Inbetween flashing recoveryorangefox.img and twrp.img I have tried to reboot into recovery and I have been sent back to fastboot.

Yes, usb debugging is on in the settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-14 160708.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-14 160708.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 20

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Here's the screenshot. Inbetween flashing recoveryorangefox.img and twrp.img I have tried to reboot into recovery and I have been sent back to fastboot.

Check out here

And take the files which there are downloadable
Try after flashing to boot via hardware keys and also via adb.
If both not working, I think you have to flash fastboot image via PC miflash and boot it to switch developer usb debugging on and restart to fastboot mode and flash twrp again.....

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016

One more idea, before starting from scratch:
After flashing twrp disconnecting usb and then rebooting to recovery by pressing power and vol+ until you'll see the logo and feel the vibration

tag68

Nov 25, 2014
Moto G 2014
Moto X Play
Why don't you test the recovery using fastboot boot? My recommendation is never to flash any recovery before successfully having it started manually once.

My personal approach is, never to install any recovery but only boot it in case it is needed. Disadvantage is that you need to be near a computer if you want to run it.

Ashle

Apr 13, 2013
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.img
fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.img

Attachments

• twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.img
    128 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

May 9, 2022
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.img
fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.img
Hi all, there's been some progress but I'd like your advice before continuing. I have my preferred ROM (Pixel Experience, zipped) copied to my SD card and I can see my SD card under Install option on TWRP. My phone data has been formatted (using the twrp Wipe option). Should I try installing from the SD card? I'm nervous since I know missing steps was warned against in the installation instructions.

Ashle

Apr 13, 2013
Copy Pixel Experience.zip to sdcard
reboot to recovery
All over TWRP
1. Wipe Data/Cache
2. Format Data (yes)
3. Flash ROM Install Pixel Experience.zip
4. Reboot System

Top Liked Posts