No unlock code from moto

Search This thread

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Has anyone else, run into problems getting their unlock code from Motorola?
I have the U.S. version, and is unlocked. The website never shows the blue "unlock request key". Is there a workaround?

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Moto site is quirky, try a different browser, or device
or send me the code, and I can try.
Yep, quirky as hell . Tried chrome, and Firefox, with protections disabled. Tried it on a iPad, no dice. Even chatted with moto, company line spewed at me. They couldn’t answer, if US unlocked version could be unlocked. Shouldn’t have to pay for a service, to unlock it. I’ve heard that if it’s using tracfone(I know, uggh) that it can’t be unlocked. The problem with that, is the dam sim won’t eject, so I can’t check it without the sim( only pops out less than 1/16th of a inch). Bought it from Best Buy, on launch day, unlocked.

Last edited:
lol, you gotta grasp the edge of that "less than 1/16th of a inch" and pull! The tray on my edge doesnt eject very far, either; as in: barely. Try your fingernail.

Anyway, I read your post and went right to the moto unlock site - logged in, and bam there was the blue button. I run firefox on debian, tweaked for some security/privacy. In settings I'm using 'standard' tracking protection (to curb redundancy), among related plugins I use ublock to medium (allow 3rd party scripts on moto's site), privacy badger, related stuff, bunch of about:config tweaks for same, and a tight pi-hole for everything on my lan. There's a bit more, but it's boring. I can't imagine how tight you must be set up to have problems on the moto site.

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again? /s

Reactions: sd_shadow

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
lol, you gotta grasp the edge of that "less than 1/16th of a inch" and pull! The tray on my edge doesnt eject very far, either; as in: barely. Try your fingernail.

Anyway, I read your post and went right to the moto unlock site - logged in, and bam there was the blue button. I run firefox on debian, tweaked for some security/privacy. In settings I'm using 'standard' tracking protection (to curb redundancy), among related plugins I use ublock to medium (allow 3rd party scripts on moto's site), privacy badger, related stuff, bunch of about:config tweaks for same, and a tight pi-hole for everything on my lan. There's a bit more, but it's boring. I can't imagine how tight you must be set up to have problems on the moto site.

Are you in the US? I don’t have nearly as much as you have in security setup. Basically basic protection. Oh, and fingernail’s not working, feels like my nail will pull off, before any success with sim tray, have to invest in “power tweezers”(lol). Once I get it out, will try again, heard some owners, had to return theirs. Gonna see on mint’s chrome.

Last edited:

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Pulling the sim, and rebooting did nothing. Curiously, the bootloader check revealed that it looks for the serial no# in the code. Now I gotta check if it's in the code.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pulling the sim, and rebooting did nothing. Curiously, the bootloader check revealed that it looks for the serial no# in the code. Now I gotta check if it's in the code.