• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No updates for Global Ultra version?

Search This thread

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Well the problem exists only outside of China. China updates are much faster (the ROM is at version 12.5.11.0) also is much more refined and plenty of options

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
To be honest, I am very disappointed with the SW release cycles Xiaomi has; still on May Security release and August is around the corner.

The phone is among the most expensive Androids out there; probably the first and last time I buy Xiaomi.
If they keep on making phones this excellent, I'll continue buying them :)
But yeah, it is disappointing. It's normal the release cycle is faster in China, but they can do a bit better than that with their international version of their flagship.
Also the DXO review was a major selling point. Having the actual phone still not coming with the firmware used for this review is a shame.

hellodrsoul

Jul 9, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I pointed out the same issue in some other post here at XDA. My understanding is Xiaomi releases more updates where they have sold more devices. As this phone has not been ubiquitous outside the mainland china and perhaps EEA, the after-sell support such as the monthly secuirity patches are more frequent in these two regions. Global support may improve when the device is more frequently available globally.
I switched to EEA from global after realizing that the EEA included June security update (versus the May security update for the global). I am watching it closely as to what region will receive the next security update earlier.

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Let's enjoy the Mi 11 Ultra for now.
It's an amazing phone. We'll see how the 12 performs against Pixel 6, Samsung S22, etc...
Just wish Xiaomi was a bit more diligent in the updates. Not all of them, but the key ones (Like the DXO one for the camera...)
Xiaomi haven't got their **** together, the hardware sounds impressive but it really doesn't stack up against other phones

My Huawei mate 20 pro often takes better pictures faster and the USB 2.0 port is disgraceful on a flagship phone in 2021

Not to mention the glitchy software limitations and almost useless functionality of the rear screen....

MIUI 13 might be better but by the time we get it other phones will be miles ahead

Reactions: vanshee

vanshee

Sep 15, 2012
London, UK
HTC One X
HTC One X+
Well the problem exists only outside of China. China updates are much faster (the ROM is at version 12.5.11.0) also is much more refined and plenty of options
That's why they pose no threat to Samsung and Aplle and they know it. Software is quite buggy if you ask me. And a lot of things are inconsistent. I'll live with it but that's the first and last Xiaomi i buy. Camera only is not enough to make up for the sales. Not to mention the mediocre battery life - it barely makes it till i get home. And it's on a battery saver once i unplug it, if using as normal it dies early afternoon. Never tried to use it with all the goodies enabled. I wake up at 5 in the morning by the way. I bet whatever you want that there's a ton of devices returned and people asking for refunds. The average user is not here on XDA and when they hear the camera rattling or battery barely maki it trough half a day - they return the device in couple of days after they got it.

Reactions: speedtripler

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Well for battery life I disagree, certainly it needs some adjustments that the average user don't know about, but in my opinion people that buy a 1 grand worth phone should know how to manage the basics. Anyway you complain about battery life, why don't you give a look at my thread on battery life?. Regarding bugs I encountered just a few and nothing really bad,at least on global ROM.

Reactions: Alcibiade

vanshee

Sep 15, 2012
London, UK
HTC One X
HTC One X+
Well for battery life I disagree, certainly it needs some adjustments that the average user don't know about, but in my opinion people that buy a 1 grand worth phone should know how to manage the basics. Anyway you complain about battery life, why don't you give a look at my thread on battery life?. Regarding bugs I encountered just a few and nothing really bad,at least on global ROM.
Already did mate. I got one more hour. And the truth is you shouldn't try to improve the battery life on a 1200£ phone. The software should be mature enough - it's not Android 2.3.3. It's 11. Most of the apps are misbehaving and inconsistent. Never had this troubles on any phone. On my last op 7T pro it was like installing the app, tune the settings to your liking and thats it. No more poking around. This one the settings I pick are working till the next app update. And start all over. I know what I'm talking about - even the experimental Nokia 9 pureview was better. Xiaomi have a long road ahead of them till they mature their software. They have to realize that anyone can make a good hardware setup - the software is the key to the success.

Reactions: speedtripler

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Well at least you got one more hour 😅. Unfortunately I cannot be of any help but I can understand, battery life didn't seem that great to me as well

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
Reactions: KillyTheTroll

KillyTheTroll

Nov 27, 2012
Hi !

Just subscribed to the closed bêta thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-09-08-27-38-399_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-09-08-27-38-399_com.android.chrome.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am excited about the treatment that Xiaomial mi11 Ultra global version, a real shame, for Christmas at least they update to the July security patch.
    Given the leaks on Pixel 6 Pro, I may very well let myself tempted.
    I bought the Xiaomi for the camera but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pixel equals it or beats it.
    And for this one certainly no worries to have about software timely update.
    I can't believe we are in September and still stuck at a version that predates the DXO Firmware. Xiaomi, this is clearly not serious....
    Before you ever think to move to something else, in the next few weeks we will have the global enhanced update, it was pushed to Indonesian, and now the mi11 global just got it, so I'd guess it would be at the door steps.

I tried the EU version for a month or less a bit, it is buggy as hell. And not as smooth and clean as it sounds. So think again. And trust me, don't listen to the folks who just go for EU for its media. I am not the only person in here who tested EU and went back to official global, check the forum and you'll see a few.
    Given the leaks on Pixel 6 Pro, I may very well let myself tempted.
    I bought the Xiaomi for the camera but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pixel equals it or beats it.
    And for this one certainly no worries to have about software timely update.
    I can't believe we are in September and still stuck at a version that predates the DXO Firmware. Xiaomi, this is clearly not serious....
    For a phone of this price , the lack of attention to detail is almost unbelievable

Xiaomi is a clown company, not ready to compete on the big stage yet
    With all due respect, Xiaomi's treatment of this mobile global version is a shame, I would say insulting, I had not seen a thing like it with any phone brand, the first and last time they cheated on me
    I am excited about the treatment that Xiaomial mi11 Ultra global version, a real shame, for Christmas at least they update to the July security patch.
    I can confirm 12.5.2 on my global unit is so much better than 12.0.2. Camera is better as well. Done a lot of tests. Now it’s time to retire my iPhone.
    IPHONE? you should be banned for use such of word on this forum, lol
    Xiaomi can shove this phone up their **** You don’t spend £1k to have to flash alternative firmwares. It’s not too much to expect timely updates for a BRAND new phone.
    Sell it then and buy an IPhone , I dgaf 🤣
    It’s due first week of June.
    Global Update 12.5.2 available just now RKAMIXM