• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No updates for Global Ultra version?

Search This thread

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
If you want regular updates, I would suggest installing the Xiaomi.eu rom. The China rom is actually the only one updated fairly regularly and the Xiaomi.eu roms are based on the the China roms minus the Chinese script and bloat with Google services added in. Xiaomi.eu rom is the best of both worlds.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
I'll be more than happy to try it out again as I wasn't happy with version 12.5.7.0 When I installed it, performance were lacking (apps cold start were quite slow) and battery life wasn't the greatest.

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Alright so it's officially a complete joke: for it's global version Xiaomi is worse than Samsung... (And honestly Samsung is really bad at software roll out)
We are still at 12.5.4 on the company "flagship"....

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Alright so it's officially a complete joke: for it's global version Xiaomi is worse than Samsung... (And honestly Samsung is really bad at software roll out)
We are still at 12.5.4 on the company "flagship"....
Samsung, bad at software roll out ? Lets state it this way: my S21U gets monthly updates, and very reliably so - I personally wouldn't call this bad and would be very happy if Xiaomi would do the same :D

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Samsung, bad at software roll out ? Lets state it this way: my S21U gets monthly updates, and very reliably so - I personally wouldn't call this bad and would be very happy if Xiaomi would do the same :D
Not talking about the security updates but actual software update.
I don't have an S21 so maybe they have become better but for my S9+ it was rather pitiful and a long wait to get any improved software or android upgrade, even when this was the latest flagship.
Great if they improved, and would.love this to inspire Xiaomi....

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Reactions: Alcibiade

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Given the leaks on Pixel 6 Pro, I may very well let myself tempted.
I bought the Xiaomi for the camera but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pixel equals it or beats it.
And for this one certainly no worries to have about software timely update.
I can't believe we are in September and still stuck at a version that predates the DXO Firmware. Xiaomi, this is clearly not serious....

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Given the leaks on Pixel 6 Pro, I may very well let myself tempted.
I bought the Xiaomi for the camera but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pixel equals it or beats it.
And for this one certainly no worries to have about software timely update.
I can't believe we are in September and still stuck at a version that predates the DXO Firmware. Xiaomi, this is clearly not serious....
For a phone of this price , the lack of attention to detail is almost unbelievable

Xiaomi is a clown company, not ready to compete on the big stage yet

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
I feel I am going to end up using the EU version (Seems like the latest iterations are performing very well)
A real pity, I could have bought the Chinese version for that. Much cheaper for the same result.
This is a complete shame....

Last edited:
Reactions: vanshee

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Before you ever think to move to something else, in the next few weeks we will have the global enhanced update, it was pushed to Indonesian, and now the mi11 global just got it, so I'd guess it would be at the door steps.

I tried the EU version for a month or less a bit, it is buggy as hell. And not as smooth and clean as it sounds. So think again. And trust me, don't listen to the folks who just go for EU for its media. I am not the only person in here who tested EU and went back to official global, check the forum and you'll see a few.

Top Liked Posts