No way to remove facebook, messanger or instagram from HTC 10

Search This thread

KotTHECat

May 19, 2014
Found a question that's interesting for me as well, but no answer...
Is there any way to remove those apps being stock without root? (If not, how to remove them with root?)
Also unneeded apps:
*Google
[Slides]
[Sheets]
[Docs]
[Exchange Services]
[Play Movies]
[Play Music]
[Hangouts]
[Keep]

*Social
[Facebook]
[Messenger]
[Instagram]
[News Republic]

*HTC
[Connect]
[Help]
[...]

P.S. I can understand the preinstallation of GApps, but why the heck would i like to have Facebook, Messenger and Instagram preinstalled on my system, that cannot even be uninstalled?

Last edited:
Reactions: wentnewlife

afuller42

Apr 1, 2014
Owatonna, MN

you have to have root. to remove them you install a file explorer with root access, like Root Explorer is my favorite.

You browse to the system folder of the phone and youll see an apps folder and a priv-app folder. the stuff your looking for will be in there and you delete the entire folder of the apps you don't want. reboot when finished and they should be uninstalled.

it will be best to start with backing up your untouched system incase removing some app gives you problems, which it can when messing with system apps.

there is also play store apps the will uninstall for you, other apps can also "freeze" bloat without actually removing so you can see side effects of removing them

Last edited:

datafoo

May 11, 2010
You can remove them all easily without root but you'll need a custom recovery like TWRP.

I do this before first boot to clean up apps and add HTC file explorer etc.

You can flash TWRP, remove apps then restore the factory recovery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

alexp999

May 22, 2011
Dorset, UK
www.techngaming.com
I just disabled them on mine, not like you would free up considerable space and if they are disabled, you don't get the updates eating in to your storage as the original just sits in the system partition.

desiregeek

Jun 27, 2010
you have to have root. to remove them you install a file explorer with root access, like Root Explorer is my favorite.

You browse to the system folder of the phone and youll see an apps folder and a priv-app folder. the stuff your looking for will be in there and you delete the entire folder of the apps you don't want. reboot when finished and they should be uninstalled.

it will be best to start with backing up your untouched system incase removing some app gives you problems, which it can when messing with system apps.

there is also play store apps the will uninstall for you, other apps can also "freeze" bloat without actually removing so you can see side effects of removing them
Any way to remove Facebook completely without any problems after? Was thinking to maybe just buy the Chinese Version from China since China does not allow Facebook in the first place.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found a question that's interesting for me as well, but no answer...
    Is there any way to remove those apps being stock without root? (If not, how to remove them with root?)
    Also unneeded apps:
    *Google
    [Slides]
    [Sheets]
    [Docs]
    [Exchange Services]
    [Play Movies]
    [Play Music]
    [Hangouts]
    [Keep]

*Social
    [Facebook]
    [Messenger]
    [Instagram]
    [News Republic]

*HTC
    [Connect]
    [Help]
    [...]

P.S. I can understand the preinstallation of GApps, but why the heck would i like to have Facebook, Messenger and Instagram preinstalled on my system, that cannot even be uninstalled?