No wifi after going back to stock rom

Mike845

Nov 30, 2019
Hi! I had installed leage OS but decided to go back to stock rom. I downloaded and installed the correct firmware, but when it turned on it seems like wifi is not working anymore. I read that this happens sometimes when going back to stock rom, as something related to persist.img gets lost, but I don't know much about this topic. I just found I have to somehow flash persist.img, but I already downloaded two different versions of the firmware and that file is not included. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

chrisb22

Jan 10, 2007
Did you ever find a fix to this? I am having similar issues. I went back to stock and cannot get wifi to turn on. I checked my /persist/wifi/ folder and it is empty. Can someone with a working wifi tell me what's located in that folder. Thanks!

KtownJeff

Mar 18, 2019
In Space
If you downgraded when you went back to stock from a previous stock you had before the custom ROM you may have deleted your modem files....either you can restore efs only from a previous TWRP backup or run these lines in fastboot from the latest updated firmware....
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Reboot and should be great....use twrp and get a backup of efs if u haven't already and save it for when it ever happens again and you may not have PC access so u can fix from TWRP

• Love
Reactions: chrisb22

chrisb22

Jan 10, 2007
If you downgraded when you went back to stock from a previous stock you had before the custom ROM you may have deleted your modem files....either you can restore efs only from a previous TWRP backup or run these lines in fastboot from the latest updated firmware....
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Reboot and should be great....use twrp and get a backup of efs if u haven't already and save it for when it ever happens again and you may not have PC access so u can fix from TWRP
Thanks!!!!! This worked like a charm.

Reactions: KtownJeff