No wifi on stock ROM and MAC address reads 02:00:00:00:00:00

Search This thread

puddsykit123

Mar 24, 2018
My G4's been working fine since i had but about a week ago i noticed it wasn't connecting to any wifi networks. It was searching but couldn't find any.
I did a hard reset and now can't get past the android set up page, as soon as it starts searching for a wifi network it locks up and then reboots after about 10 seconds.
The MAC address is listed as 02:00:00:00:00:00
I've reflashed the Stock ROM that was already on it but it's made no difference,any ideas???

Lyuu

May 1, 2016
You could try rooting your phone and changing manually the MAC with some app.

Dhanush-raj

Dec 31, 2016
Chennai
OnePlus 8T
Give more detailed info about your problem
Bootloader unlocked or not
before flashing on whick rom you were?
What flashing instructions you used and what guide you followed?

puddsykit123

Mar 24, 2018

puddsykit123

Mar 24, 2018
Just tried unlocking the bootloader so i can try other roms but it wont let me. Keeps telling me to tick allow oem unlock. Cant do that as i cant get past set up screen!!:mad::mad::mad:

abhi212b

Feb 16, 2016
Noida
www.youtube.com
at setup screen skip the setup, if you can. I am not sure, if you can skip it or not..I don't know, what other way you can do things without unlocking the bootloader

puddsykit123

Mar 24, 2018
There's no option to skip the setup unfortunately, It locks up and restarts once its trying to connect to wifi. I've tried using the mobile network but it still crashes and restarts (I'm assuming that this is because wifi is still being turned on).
I'm at a bit of a loss what to do really???
I'm not sure whats causing the issue with the wifi,flashing stock ROM hasn't helped and i'm unable to unlock the bootloader because i can't get it to boot! Any help greatly appreciated!!!

puddsykit123

Mar 24, 2018
Im beginning to think that there's no way to fix this,what i can't understand is why the wifi still isn't working after reflashing stock ROM surely that should clear everything back to factory including whatevers stopping the wifi working.
Could possibly be a hardware issuei suppose ,is it possible to replace the wifi chip?

Tgm977

Aug 28, 2017
The bootloader isn't unlocked.
Before flashing it was on NPJS25.93-14-13/3
I reflashed using https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
Just to clarify the wifi wasnt working before the flash hence the reason for reflashing

I still have the original stock rom and exactly the same problem!

The last update ****ed it over!

I will now try cache clear on stock rom before I go further

Edit - No change! Definately need a solution for this

As I have the same problem I will wait for further support so that worst case I can provide help for the other user.

Mobile Data still works tough

Phone: never rooted, after cache clear it doesnt ask for update anymore which helps

EDIT 2: Got it to work. I wsa able to get into a public wifi download the new update and all is fine.

1. Clear cache
2. public wifi or download the latest update from XDA and start manually
This should fix it!

Last edited:

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
Just to share what helped me to recover Wi-Fi and solve the MAC address 02:00:00:00:00:00:

A. Get the apk file of the Wifi Mac Changer app and install it in your phone without Wi-Fi.
B. Open it and grant root access. You'll see that your "Real" MAC address will be 02:00:00:00:00:00.
C. Then you have your "Fake" Mac Address. Copy it into the line "New Mac" and press "Hard change" button. You don't need even to reboot to restore your Wi-Fi.
D. For me, it worked at the first time, I can also uninstall the app later. Later dirty flashes of ROMs got Wi-Fi without issues.

Hope it helps.

Lord MacLeod

Apr 19, 2022
I still have the original stock rom and exactly the same problem!

The last update ****ed it over!

I will now try cache clear on stock rom before I go further

Edit - No change! Definately need a solution for this

As I have the same problem I will wait for further support so that worst case I can provide help for the other user.

Mobile Data still works tough

Phone: never rooted, after cache clear it doesnt ask for update anymore which helps

EDIT 2: Got it to work. I wsa able to get into a public wifi download the new update and all is fine.

1. Clear cache
2. public wifi or download the latest update from XDA and start manually
This should fix it!
how can you enter on a public wifi with no mac address?

Lord MacLeod

Apr 19, 2022
Just to share what helped me to recover Wi-Fi and solve the MAC address 02:00:00:00:00:00:

A. Get the apk file of the Wifi Mac Changer app and install it in your phone without Wi-Fi.
B. Open it and grant root access. You'll see that your "Real" MAC address will be 02:00:00:00:00:00.
C. Then you have your "Fake" Mac Address. Copy it into the line "New Mac" and press "Hard change" button. You don't need even to reboot to restore your Wi-Fi.
D. For me, it worked at the first time, I can also uninstall the app later. Later dirty flashes of ROMs got Wi-Fi without issues.

Hope it helps.
i cant use this becouse app need root, cant root because lock botloader, cant unlock bootloader because no mac adress, im stock :(