No Xperia 10 IV forum on XDA?

Search This thread

tbs1

Dec 15, 2018
In order not to clutter the creation of a new topic. What are your opinions on 10 IV, what do you enjoy and what is wrong in your opinion?

lecris

Nov 6, 2022
As there is no forum category for this yet, I should post it here:
Currently flashing AOSP is not stable. I have entered a bootloop on my device and I can't get back to fastbootd to reflash:
```
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.
```
This is probably because of a missing recovery image, but I did not see any `recovery.img` in the outputs.

Reactions: tbs1

eried1

May 27, 2016
Stockholm
As there is no forum category for this yet, I should post it here:
Currently flashing AOSP is not stable. I have entered a bootloop on my device and I can't get back to fastbootd to reflash:
```
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.
```
This is probably because of a missing recovery image, but I did not see any `recovery.img` in the outputs.
Thanks for the info!

I assume you mean GSIs?

Keep us updated.

repoman728

May 29, 2016
Hi
I am looking for solution to my kind of boot loop , bootloader unlocked , installed twrp with fastboot but came - you device is corrupted and can't be trusted .. any ideas , help please, xperia 10 iv
thanks in Advance

Last edited:

tbs1

Dec 15, 2018
Some time ago I noticed problems with blocking - sometimes during a call the screen does not darken - you can see it even in the mirror, and sometimes it locks completely and you have to unlock it manually. It also happens that I put the phone with the training app turned on in my pocket and when I take it out after a dozen or so minutes, it is still not locked - I have the automatic set to 15s.
What are your observations?

jmozmoz

Dec 17, 2011
If it helps in any way, I rooted my 10 IV by following what this user did to their 1 IV.
I haven't installed a ton of modules though!

Which of the vbmeta files need to be flashed? There is a vbmeta_system_X-FLASH-ALL-xxxx.img and a vbmeta_X-FLASH-ALL-xxx.img.

Do I have to flash the boot image in A and B slots? I found these commands:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img

What is the command to flash the vbmeta image(s)? Again, I found these. Correct?
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

Thank you for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Will there be an Xperia 10 IV forum on XDA? I have been using the phone about a month now, and keep checking here - but these is no such forum for the device on XDA.

Regards,
    If it helps in any way, I rooted my 10 IV by following what this user did to their 1 IV.
    I haven't installed a ton of modules though!
    It won't be helpful, but I'm very tempted by this phone, so I wonder if you would have any feedback. In particular, is the camera ok ? Did you manage to install a working version of gcam ?
    Yes I did! I tried out all of the versions found on the stable page, one or two would crash upon starting (can't remember which ones) but I settled for MSC's 8.1 apk since it had a toggle for ultrawide and option to use a third party gallery.

Here's two photos which are taken a few days apart (pre-root and post-root) - I can attest that the gCam is more color accurate based on my cat's fur, have to thank the Google AWB in the app for that :LOL:

normal_sony.jpg
    mgc_gcam.jpg

Though, the 8.1 apk is missing a normal x1 zoom toggle (only x0.6 and x2), will confirm in the future if I ever manage to get the time to try other versions again.
    Thanks ! That's nice (almost as nice as your cat) 😀

Did the gcam port work with the telephoto lens ? And more generally do you find the telephoto lens useful / of good quality ?
    Thanks and yes! Out of the provided zoom toggles, I believe the x2 one uses the telephoto, so it has been my daily driver since rooting.
    It's sufficiently sharp for my uses (in fact, the gCam photo above was taken using the telephoto). Here's two more shots I just took - one from 50cm, one from 20cm.

telephoto_x2_20cm.jpg
    telephoto_x2_50cm.jpg

I do have to hold very still though! Of course, it's a telephoto, and that my room's not very well lit, but I expect it should work much easier in brighter situations.
    Thanks for taking the time to share these pictures, this is really useful. Both pictures look quite sharp.

This xperia 10 iv seems to tick many boxes for me : reasonable size, good screen, great battery life, decent camera with telephoto... I'm still waiting to see the reviews of the Pixel 6a, but it's very tempting.
    My pleasure! After my S9+ kicked the bucket, I was deciding between the 10 IV or the Pixel 5a as both had a headphone jack and a decent battery.

I ended up picking the 10 IV since it was newer, and that the battery seemed to last forever (which it does!).

You could also consider another upcoming alternative: the Zenfone 9. While the battery's smaller by 700 mAh and that there's no telephoto, it does seem very impressive for such a small package.