Nokia 3 [TA-1032] Method to unlock bootloader in Android 9 [PIE]

CRUECY

Mar 12, 2019
INDIA
For Android 7.0/7.1(NOUGAT),8.1(OREO) & 9.0(PIE) :

First of all convert the serial no. to MD5 hash (link given below)

Now reboot your bootloader in fastboot mode and type the following command...

Fastboot devices - To check whether your device is properly connected or not...If connected then you will see your serial number.

Now the command is -

Fastboot oem key (type your MD5 hash key)

Fastboot flashing unlock (Now click your volume up button to proceed)

Fastboot reboot

Bootloader unlocked successfully...

Note: After entering your MD5 key make sure you remove the bracket
For example: fastboot oem key
8AE2A2B4F0D939819F762798F14A4D34

Your oem key similar like this ????

This will works only for Nougat 7.x.x, Oreo 8.1 & pie 9.0 version for Oreo 8.0 you have to follow Hikari Calyx method.

MD5 hash link- https://passwordsgenerator.net/md5-hash-generator/

Nokia 3 driver link- https://nokiatips.com/2017/07/12/download-nokia-3-drivers/

Platform tool / adb driver link- https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

{Mod edit}

Command-
fastboot oem key 8AE2A2B4F0D939819F762798F14A4D34
fastboot flashing unlock (Click volume up button to continue)
fastboot reboot

Thanks? & please hit the Like button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vishwas_shaji

Jan 5, 2020
Bro it's not working please help me out
It is showing failed

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I have tried all the methods to root my nokia 3 given here but it's not working Every time i try to unlock Bootloader Using Command Fastboot oem unlock it doesn't work then I used Fastboot flashing unlock then new window comes in my phone saying press Volume up to unlock Bootloader when I press volume up button it shows failed and a msg comes in my command window that unlock not allowed then I tried with MD5 hash key still not working
My Oem unlock is on
My usb debugging is on
But still not working plzz help me out

dannye99

Dec 18, 2013
Bro it's not working please help me out
It is showing failed

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I have tried all the methods to root my nokia 3 given here but it's not working Every time i try to unlock Bootloader Using Command Fastboot oem unlock it doesn't work then I used Fastboot flashing unlock then new window comes in my phone saying press Volume up to unlock Bootloader when I press volume up button it shows failed and a msg comes in my command window that unlock not allowed then I tried with MD5 hash key still not working
My Oem unlock is on
My usb debugging is on
But still not working plzz help me out
Hi, bro. I tried yesterday this method and worked for me.
Boot your phone to bootloader.
In adb/fastboot type this command: fastboot devices
Then it will show you the serial number of the device.
Copy it and go to the generator page, paste it there and now you have the key.
Now you just have to type the command: fastboot oem key "Here your MD5 hash key"
Now go further.

Reactions: Vishwas_shaji

Vishwas_shaji

Jan 5, 2020
Now My nokia 3 Bootloader is unlocked and is showing orange state your device is unlocked and cannot be trusted and will boot in 5 sec
After that I tried to install twrp recovery it shows finished in my cmd window but when I try to boot to twrp recovery using command fastboot boot twrp.img my system doesn't boots into twrp recovery after that I tried to poweroff and boot to twrp recovery using volume and power buttons then also it doesn't boot to twrp recovery
Please give me a solution for this

quanghung123

Feb 24, 2015
Do you have TWRP for Nokia 3 on Pie, I got it installed on mine but when I reboot into recovery mode it's show the No Command screen. I wonder do you get TWRP on your device?

Feb 19, 2020
Do you have TWRP for Nokia 3 on Pie, I got it installed on mine but when I reboot into recovery mode it's show the No Command screen. I wonder do you get TWRP on your device?
I haven't tried it yet in fear of bricking my device. What do you mean you got it installed? Can you boot into it at least once before it gets replaced with the stock recovery? Cus if you want twrp to be permanent, you need to flash root on your device. Also if you can't get it working on pie try downgrading as there are many threads for previous versions.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
I have unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Magisk & removed encryption on Android 9.0 April security patch succesufuly. I tried to flash TWRP with SP Flash Tools but it just reverts back to stock recovery with No Command screen like you said. To install TWRP, use fastboot instead with fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img". It works. To remove encryption, first format data than flash this in TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389 This also solves issue with TWRP when TWRP can't read Internal storage. After that flash Magisk. That's it.

CRUECY

Mar 12, 2019
INDIA
You need to patch the boot.img by magisk then flash the twrp.img it will work...
In the version of Android 8.1 Oreo and 9.0 Pie boot.img patched required to boot Custom recovery TWRP....

Last edited:

CRUECY

Mar 12, 2019
INDIA
I haven't tried it yet in fear of bricking my device. What do you mean you got it installed? Can you boot into it at least once before it gets replaced with the stock recovery? Cus if you want twrp to be permanent, you need to flash root on your device. Also if you can't get it working on pie try downgrading as there are many threads for previous versions.
To install twrp in Nokia 3 Android 9 pie you must patch the boot.img by rooting with Magisk... after that twrp will successfully flash in your phone...
Thanks ☺

Last edited: