• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Nokia 3 /twrp recovery/ TA-1032 firmware

Search This thread

Max brackenz

Sep 7, 2016
this screenshot is february security patch updated my phone. this method working perfectly.:eek:

Attachments

• sp2.png
    sp2.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 240
  • sp3.png
    sp3.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 238

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I want to tell that you can flash recovery directly to device if cmd command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img doesn't work or if you don't want to use cmd command fastboot boot twrp.img everytime, you can use Flashify. Go to Flashify, chose flash recovery image, choose file and click on twrp.img.
It will ask to flash recovery, say yes. When it is done with flashing, you can click reboot to see does twrp work or exit app.

That's it.

redweaver

Nov 25, 2017
Lagos
I want to tell that you can flash recovery directly to device if cmd command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img doesn't work or if you don't want to use cmd command fastboot boot twrp.img everytime, you can use Flashify. Go to Flashify, chose flash recovery image, choose file and click on twrp.img.
It will ask to flash recovery, say yes. When it is done with flashing, you can click reboot to see does twrp work or exit app.

That's it.

Does this work on Oreo beta?

_XblackshadowX_

Mar 21, 2014
Taguig City
Bug report.

Hello old developer of TWRP for Nokia 3, i am going to report some bugs based on what i have seen and experienced, if you do see this message, please note that i am willing to become a tester for the recovery of this device, i am now going to start stating the problems, please also note that i am using Nokia 3 with Pie ROM, Bootloader unlocked, rooted with Magisk, i am using TWRP 3.2.3 from https://unofficialtwrp.com/nokia-3-root-twrp-3-2-3/, i also believe this is the same with the TWRP that @RevanthTolety made, i know you made an old TWRP for this phone but hopefully you can still contribute into fixing this, let's begin.
i have attached the pictures of the bugs, as well as logs, to help you all regarding about this problem, i have messaged all five of you in hopes that some of you are still willing to develop a proper, working recovery for the Pie ROM of this device, or at least team up in making one, anything as long as this project will still continue or something will be done.
Bugs i have found:
1. Decrypting of data, the recovery is asking me for a password and i have no idea what to do, i have never encrypted my device, or anything, and here is what i have done so far:
1a. Formatted data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery and applied root.
1b. Wiped data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery, then applied with root.
1c. All of the above, except this time i flashed no verity opt encrypt, didn't work.
1d. Formatted data through fastboot, rebooted into recovery immediately and applied root.
For the most part, by the time i managed to format or wipe my data/userdata, i am able to gain access on it through TWRP, and the recovery isn't asking me for a password, but once i am able to fully set up my device and it reaches the home screen, not putting any screen locks, just Swipe, rebooting into recovery again, and now it asks me for a password, i tried "default_password" and "password" but it didn't work, at this moment, i can only flash zips through my MicroSD Card, the recovery doesn't have access to my internal storage and i couldn't make a backup with my userdata.
2. TWRP gets replaced with stock recovery if you do not boot into it immediately after flashing, trust me, this is where i got frustrated the most, i was about to smash the phone because of this! I still had to root to ensure that the recovery will stay, or else at next boot the stock recovery will be back.
3. Battery percentage is shown incorrectly, based on the 5 forums I've seen which is all related to porting TWRP for this phone, this error has been very consistent.
4. The recovery keeps showing me a prompt of asking whether to keep System read-only or not, even though i selected the box "Don't show me this screen again.", it still comes back anyway.
5. The recovery complains about '/hidden/emmc_hidden" not being found and all that.
6. I cannot save my language, even though i already toggled it through the settings of the recovery.
7. Touch is very slow during the first screen which is the "Keep System read-only?"
Here are the things i confirmed to be working:
MicroSD Card access
OTG access
Installing .zips
I cannot test the backup and restore option since i can't access data through it, i don't want to lose progress.
That's all of the bugs i have seen so far, i am going to use my friend's phone who happens to own a Nokia 3 for testing the recovery, if i still haven't received a response within 1 week i will return the cellphone, you could contact me through Telegram, Facebook and other social media sites such as Instagram, i am willing to take the risk, please contact me if you all are still willing to continue with the development of TWRP for this cellphone.

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    126.7 KB · Views: 4
  • recovery.log
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200228_153011.jpg
    IMG_20200228_153011.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200228_153059.jpg
    IMG_20200228_153059.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 35

Nokia3root

Jun 13, 2021
Nokia 3
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
but it's still better to have custom roms because they have a lot more customization, wider compatibility with apps (for example xposed), better performance, maybe better battery if greatly optimized for our devices.

Also if we flash some custom rom, data encryption will be automatically removed.
I am unable to find any working custom ROM for my Nokia 3, do you know about the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh a download agent. Don't mind me.
    Why not make a post about what you were able to do, posting the links for the DA, and you can give information about how you flashed your recovery. It seems less cumbersome than the method we have been using. Better you do it and get your recognition

Also I hope your phone still boots after the update. Perhaps you have to flash recovery again.

# first download latest version of sp flashtool
    # Download Nokia 3 supported Download agent file
    # Now put it to the sp flashtool folder (replace with DA_SWSEC_CRYPTO20.bin)
    # Run flash_tool.exe with administrator, and choose the Download-Agent I give you
    # Choose the scatter I give you,:p
    # DONE
    NOW YOU CAN FLASH AND READBACK YOUR ROM :laugh:

Download Agent https://mega.nz/#!xd8B3AJQ!PW82IpLzMzyNQk55BdwMnRMPlKQA0Yzj_8k_xN5r9XM

MT6737 scatter https://mega.nz/#!MU8ziBCR!Ubr5DZZXGSuE_aBI5uE8MCD_vVsymP-2aUrPzd5jRWg
    Cause my Nokia 3 was bricked then I searched for some information about Nokia 3 firmware from gsmhosting

Here is Details >----
    [Nokia3_MT6737M_Heart_7.0_alps-mp-n0.mp1-V1.0.2_fih6737m.35.n_P96.rar 18.7 days old 1.3 GB 2017-Jul-15

Link
    "https*://drive*.google*.com/drive/folders/0B0oLdVAk2l5va1ZlR05EVk5DXzQ"] Google drive
    Upload by @pijush das

How to unlock Nokia3?Ref the threads =)
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-root-flash-twrp-t3726649
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-nokia-3-t3699344

how to get the unlock code?
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3/how-to/getting-unlock-code-t3757899

If you got the bricked phone, flashing the rom to rescue ,
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3/development/nokia-3-official-firmware-india-uae-t3674320

Require: use Chinese Miracle 2mtk(cm2mtk)tool to flash.

Finally, you need 3rd recovery to flash the supersu.
    Ref https:/*/1drv.ms/u/s!AsmTb5aqoY12mDZqDZbPOp47QVMV
    twrp for nokia3
    How to get the rooted phone
    Maybe you can refer @JBData's tutorial like this:
    After many fails, I root my Nokia3.
    - You must be easy with adb and fastboot and accept a full reset of your phone (data + soft).
    - USB driver ok on your PC to connect device (device is always USB connected when roadacting)
    - Be developper on your device (7 click on the series number), select USB debugging.
    - Unlock your device (thanks to the_lazer), so you have the orange warning when starting.
    - No need of TWRP. So many attempt with it, never succed. I even try, via the shell, the install-super.sh...
    - Get the stock rom archive with this excellent post.
    Here is my roadacts:
    / Install MagiskManager apk (MagiskManager-v5.5.5.apk) on your device.
    / Upload the boot.img file from the stock archive on your device.
    / In MagiskManager install Magisk and select the patch method.
    / Select the boot.img uploaded.
    / Upload the boot_patch.img file created on your PC.
    / Boot your device in recovery (power + volume up)
    / Select the full reset (data + soft) : You gonna loose everything on your device ! 3 partitions are formated : /data /nvdata...
    / Boot your device in recovery (power + volume up)
    / Select bootloader.
    On your PC : fastboot devices -l, so you can see the connexion.
    / Re-flash all with the patch.
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (maybe it's not necessary, but I prefer full reset and del TWRP...)
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot_patched.img
    fastboot reboot
    / Your device is (re)born.
    / let the config do.
    / Unactivate android update in the developper menu
    / In MagiskManager select install Magisk
    / You can do the check SafetyNet and so everything is green (If I could upload image, you would see)
    / Install RootChecker to confirm that your device is well rooted...

Thanks @JakesDen
    (at) THE_lazer
    @SkaboXD @blackpanther0582
    AND
    Thank for all supports from Nokia3's users. =3
    battery percentage seems to be wrong, can't decrypt originally encrypted USERDATA volume ( i'm believe it is okay ), but main things working - can install SR2-SuperSU-v2.79-SR2-20170103215521.zip and that all i want from it.
    very important - not allow /system modification until supersu installation !

another note - can't enter recovery by combination volume-up + power button, if phone not connected to computer
    So ... Wait and hope?
    The Warranty is 2 years,the same time Nokia will provide updates to OS.So,why to rush damaging the phone ?
    In 2 years will be enough time for the Wonderful guys from TeamWin to make a safe TWRP for Nokia 3.
    no. i found tool for unpack nb0 files from xda forum :cowboy:
    after security update of november. this recovery doesn't boot to recovery mod :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

default sp flash tool DA doesn't support nokia 3 but i have a DA which support nokia 3 do you want it?

Oh a download agent. Don't mind me.
    Why not make a post about what you were able to do, posting the links for the DA, and you can give information about how you flashed your recovery. It seems less cumbersome than the method we have been using. Better you do it and get your recognition

Also I hope your phone still boots after the update. Perhaps you have to flash recovery again.