Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL

RolloBollo

Apr 15, 2018
Can confirm that the Arnova8G2 based mods are working on my new Nokia 7 plus.
Yesterday a new version (GoogleCamera-Pixel3Mod) was released, with some UI and speed improvements (at higher HDR+ parameter) I noted.

XDA link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76235335&postcount=3541

The Nokia camera app doesn't come even close to the results of the gcam mods.
I noticed often a very high exposure in daylight and much more noisier in low light (agressive ISO ramp up) settings.

Sep 14, 2017
chennai
Yesterday a new version (GoogleCamera-Pixel3Mod) was released, with some UI and speed improvements (at higher HDR+ parameter) I noted.

XDA link:

I noticed often a very high exposure in daylight and much more noisier in low light (agressive ISO ramp up) settings.

Thanks .. for the review of google camera on Nokia 7 plus

Last edited:

leoneoleoneo

Dec 27, 2010

XDA link:

Nokia 7 plus does not support 1080p 60fps video originally. Does this app make it available on the phone cam?
Thank you

RolloBollo

Apr 15, 2018
Nokia 7 plus does not support 1080p 60fps video originally. Does this app make it available on the phone cam?
Thank you
Like the Nokia Camera I can only choose between different resolutions of 4K, 1080p, 720p but not the framerate.
I didn't find any setting in the dev options either. Maybe there is a tweak within the gcam mod I'm not aware of, to change the framerate (chipset should support this) but the testvideo I recorded is at 30FPS.

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011

XDA link:

@RolloBollo, Would you mind if you could make some shots at night or in evening, so that we can clearly see the differences between the GCam and Nokia Camera Pro at low light condition?

Swayzed

Aug 29, 2015
Is there any reason to believe that the Pixel camera app apk would also bring 4k video stabilization to the table on the Nokia 7 plus in a usefull way? This phones seems to tick every box except that one...

I`ve seen a video of stabilization via the pixel app done on the Xiaomi A1, but the results were merely meh. The nokia however has a more capable snapdragon 660.

RolloBollo

Apr 15, 2018
@RolloBollo, Would you mind if you could make some shots at night or in evening, so that we can clearly see the differences between the GCam and Nokia Camera Pro at low light condition?
Can do, first set is 30min before, 2nd set 25 min after and 3rd set 40min after sunset with slight light from apartment above.

All shots were made free hand in auto mode with HDR forced.
The nokia cam tends to be more inconsistent over follow up shots, the best out of 3 shots were choosen.
Lighting to the real thing is always closest on gcam, but both are overexposing in low light settings, bringing in more light than in reality was.

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Reactions: zapotek777

Swayzed

Aug 29, 2015
Can do, first set is 30min before, 2nd set 25 min after and 3rd set 40min after sunset with slight light from apartment above.
Thanks for the effort, im on the wall about this phone, depends on camera performance. Have you tried to shoot video with the Gcam app? Is there any eis stabilization happening when shooting 4k?

RolloBollo

Apr 15, 2018
Can we directly install gcam APK in Nokia 7 plus or we have to enable camera2api to get access of it if so how to enable camera2api
I did just install the linked Pixel3Mod, no further modification needed, I think the Camera2api is already enabled by default.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

When I try to download that it says 'error parsing package' could you share the APK in some other way?
Maybe try it again on a desktop PC, sounds like the transfer was corrupted. You have obviously allow installation of APKs from other sources first.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the effort, im on the wall about this phone, depends on camera performance. Have you tried to shoot video with the Gcam app? Is there any eis stabilization happening when shooting 4k?
There is a difference, but it is just an EIS, so I saw some jerking at times.

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011

All shots were made free hand in auto mode with HDR forced.
The nokia cam tends to be more inconsistent over follow up shots, the best out of 3 shots were choosen.
Lighting to the real thing is always closest on gcam, but both are overexposing in low light settings, bringing in more light than in reality was.
Thanks for your help??
From the set of photos you have taken, It seems for me that there are still have noisees and losing details once you have zoom into the photo. However, it seems to be better than Nokia 8.

Spacefroak

Apr 18, 2018
The Pixel2mod and the Pixel3mod version gave me strange color artefacts in every picture(but not in de live viewfinder). The previous version, named GCam, works however just fine.