• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL

Search This thread

Danilo Pantelić

Mar 19, 2012
Kragujevac
Parrot new v2 version

Download: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1024/

Select Enable Advanced Settings, go to Advanced... and Select Disable Hexagon DSP

Nope, still stuck on HDR+ processing!
EDIT: After force close and clear cache its working!

So we have Parrot043 v2 and @cstark27 PXMmod v4.3

Screenshot-20200221-144420.png
Screenshot-20200221-145336.png

Last edited:

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
yes PX Mod v4.3
I also followed the instructions and restarted the phone.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

No big worries with GCAM on Android 9, and my version for Android 10 works almost as well.
The only things that do not work are the inability to use the telephoto lens, the slow motion on version 10 (ok on Android 9), and the sound which is not terrible in video.
Everything else works with me!
But it is true that if Nokia could improve its software it would be great, alas it will never happen!

It is not something that depends on the people nor the phone. If you use HDR+ It eventually will get stuck and you will have to restart the phone. There is like this for everyone because we have the same phone with the same rom.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Does anybody know if I can enable the auxiliary lens in gcam if I I have root ? ?

It migth be posible editing something, probably in the build.prop or using soo magisk module.
I think best advice is to check other phones with the secondary lenses not working and check how is the process. Please let us know if you are able to do it because i am interested in this.

Liftedcorn

Mar 26, 2018
Nokia 7 Plus
It is not something that depends on the people nor the phone. If you use HDR+ It eventually will get stuck and you will have to restart the phone. There is like this for everyone because we have the same phone with the same rom.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

It migth be posible editing something, probably in the build.prop or using soo magisk module.
I think best advice is to check other phones with the secondary lenses not working and check how is the process. Please let us know if you are able to do it because i am interested in this.
Yes. Someone on our 7 plus community fourms posted about that blunder where he reported the auxiliary lens not working while covering primary lens.
So, that got my interest. Also, couple of latest gcam ports have ability to switch between lenses for some phones.
The gcam already gives par results with single lens. I can't imagine the picture quality with both lenses used.
I'll let you know if I find something.

cabernet54

Oct 22, 2009
Dudes ! Don't you read previous posts before commenting ???*♂️
Use parrot's latest version. It seems to be working for now
The latest version of Parrot, in my case it doesn't work, takes pictures of me with solid green.
I tried to install version 7.0.009 Final V.14 and for the moment it is as good as V.10

Sly_North

Nov 27, 2013
Dudes ! Don't you read previous posts before commenting ???*♂️
Use parrot's latest version. It seems to be working for now

Please be more respectful. It's a bit too early to claim for sure that all's fine with MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043-v2. But it's worth a test, it stills works on my 7.1 after ~ 2 days.
Also, I'm not sure where I found it, it's not available on Parrot043's page on the "official" GCam hub. Was it mod-ed by someone else?

EDIT : the v2 was available on celsoazevedo.com at some point, but it got removed apparently - only the v1 is still there:
The new from Parrot works for me as well.
But i have to disable Hexagon DSP

But it's easy to find the download link: take the v1's link, and replace "V1" with "V2", which gives this link.

Last edited:

taurnilf

Mar 23, 2018
Parrot's latest version also stopped taking pictures after a while that's why i tried 7.0.009.

Congratulations if parrot's working fine on your 7 plus. It doesn't on mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Both versions (1.7 and. 2.0) are working.
    You need disable DSP.
    Take my configs (see attached file)
    Both versions (1.7 and. 2.0) are working.
    You need disable DSP.
    Take my configs (see attached file)
    The 2.0 version does work with your settings after I restarted my phone, thanks a lot!
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.2
    Changes vs. test2.1 :
    - Under Advanced -> Port settings | (More advanced settings) :
    ---> Added "Pixel 3 AWB" (thanks to @Tomar777's suggestion and Toylann009's ports): this is turned on by default. I observed that when toggled ON, it produces more accurate and natural colors. Note that this only affects the rear camera. Check the comparison here.
    ---> Changed "Use custom lib" to Eszdman v3: I haven't done any tests here, but anyone might be interested. Stock lib is still my personal preference.
    - Added "Lens Blur" mode: toggle is on the left of Panorama. A bonus addition since I really don't use it, but again someone might be interested.
    - Performance improvements: I hope I'm right about this. So far it's working better in my device. #seemsfaster

NOTE: fresh re-install or "clear storage" after installation is recommended to clear up isolated cases like crashing Portrait Mode, etc.

Known issues:
    - Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
    - Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work (even in other ports, I believe). But it works in Photobooth; in Portrait Mode, it works after tapping the screen to focus. Suggested workarounds are (1) to use Portrait Mode for taking photos that need manual white balance adjustments, or (2) post-editing the photo.
    - Tap-to-focus doesn't seem to work in Lens Blur mode.
    - There might be instabilities with heavy usage.

Whew, I can't believe I still managed to make an update with my very tight schedule. Haha. The previous v2.1 was my main driver for the past weeks, and I suppose these minor updates are worth it. Okay, back to work and studying. Again, this port needs no extra config. Cheers!

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.2apk
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test1.2
    Changes vs. test1.1 :
    - Fixed tap-to-focus crash bug in video mode
    - Added "Save portraits to DCIM/Camera/" under Advanced (thanks to Toylan009's port)
    - Minor UI tweaks

I feel like I had to rush and post this one for the video crash fix. I'll be adding "necessary" features one at a time to keep things stable. I'm still learning this coding stuff, though, so it'll take time for me to get things going. At least everything seems okay so far.

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test1.2.apk
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.1
    Changes vs. test2 :
    - Under Advanced -> Port settings | (More advanced settings) :
    ---> Added "Saturation adjustments" (thanks to [MENTION]Toylann009[/MENTION]'s and BSG's ports): I included a toggle to apply custom saturation adjustments; if disabled, the default Google settings are used.
    ---> Changed "Use custom lib" to Eszdman v2: in my tests, it does a good job with high contrast scenarios in good light, but tends to produce more noise in low light.
    ---> Added "Maximum brightness" (also thanks to [MENTION]Toylann009[/MENTION]'s port): sets max brightness in viewfinder mode. May consume battery, especially since our device doesn't have OLED display for the black areas of the screen.
    ---> Edited "HDR+ Enhanced frames": Default is now set to =7 (which is Google default).
    - Default JPEG quality is set to 97%: I find this the sweet spot for both quality and image file size.
    - Minor UI edits: a few re-wordings here and there. I've also added a note for the Disable zoom in Portrait mode for added information (read this for more info)

NOTE: fresh re-install or "clear storage" after installation is recommended to clear up isolated cases like crashing Portrait Mode, etc.

Known issues:
    - Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
    - Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work (even in other ports, I believe). But it works in Photobooth; in Portrait Mode, it works after tapping the screen to focus. Suggested workarounds are (1) to use Portrait Mode for taking photos that need manual white balance adjustments, or (2) post-editing the photo.
    - There might be instabilities with heavy usage.

P.S. Just to give you guys a heads-up, I may or may not return to this project since I have to begin prioritizing time for work and studies. Looks like these optimizations and additions are enough for the regular user; in most cases, this port needs no extra config. Cheers!

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.1.apk
    I will go over these things once, and once only.
    Firstly, let's keep things on-topic and productive here, the topic being the Nokia 7 Plus users who use this mod.
    Talk of which phone is better than which is for other forum areas.
    Secondly this is, again, the Nokia 7 Plus forums. If you want to have the mod on another device, you're welcome to do as other devs have done here and port it to said device, or make a request for it in that devices Q/A forum. You may also try posting in the Google Camera Mods sub-forum.
    Alternatively, you can PM someone you think might be capable of making it happen, but they are under no obligation to you to do it or even respond to your PM. You should also not harass someone via PM under any circumstances.
    Remember, Developers do this work out of their spare time. You are not their boss and this is not their day job.
    Thirdly, I'll remind everyone of the XDA Rules, these ones especially:
    2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    15. Keep threads / posts on-topic: Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    Future posts of this nature are welcomed to be brought to the attention of the moderation team.
    Thanks.
    GCam_6.1.021_test1.apk
    First attempt to make all "essential" features work. Looks like everything's working nicely, including:
    - All photo things (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere)
    - Video (I still recommend stock Nokia Camera especially for the OZO audio)
    - Zoom (not sure if Super Res Zoom works, though)
    - Burst shot
    - Night sight
    - Tracking autofocus
    - Motion photos
    - Photobooth
    - Slow motion
    - Auto lens distortion correction (for front camera)
    - Playground (AR stickers) (download here)
    - Launching from lockscreen

Stock settings only, no additional config. However, under Advanced, I added the following toggles:
    - Use Classic Photo Viewer (default uses Google Photos; however, Google Photos has this bug that closes the photo if HDR+ is not yet finished processing)
    - HDR+ Enhanced for Portrait (for those who want increased dynamic range for portrait mode; force close app to apply changes)

This is based on @Arnova8G2's Dec-9 port (original port here). NOTE that this works on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) on Android 9.0 Pie.

One known issue is with Night Sight where you cannot take a photo after 2 consecutive shots; you need to wait until the first photo is finished processing before you can take another shot. There might be lags and crashes, but it's working fine for me so far.

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_test1.apk

Special thanks to: @Arnova8G2 for all the base ports and all the help in troubleshooting; B-S-G for the base ports too, source of learnings, and; @cstark27 for all things learned from your Pixel 1/2/3 port page and the source of the Advanced toggles.