Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL

Search This thread

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
as i write in previous page:
https://xdaforums.com/nokia-7-plus/themes/nokia-7-plus-google-camera-hdr-zsl-t3775956/post81766385

this ver on n7p with a10 working (no slow motionm and luttle slow procesing) many weeks, and ~109 photos... also i try make 30photos at once(without wait to finish processing of previous) and too not pronlem

You take also nightshots, portraits etc and it keeps working? weird.... Im beginning to think there may be difference for different models. for example on my T-1055 every version stops after a while.

Are there still other users who's gcam keeps working on android 10 ?

I see the config files on urynx download page , they are for 6.1 and 8.1 which are newer devices than ours...
He is maybe configuring for those, this does not mean they will work on our "old" N7+
if anybody is in contact with him, maybe ask kindly if he can look into our case?

Nevermind, it was worth a try....

Last edited:

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
You take also nightshots, portraits etc and it keeps working? weird.... Im beginning to think there may be difference for different models. for example on my T-1055 every version stops after a while.
Normal i use only "Camera", now try test: 10x NightSight(in this mode must wait for processing before posible make next photo), 10x Portrait, 10x Video, 3x Panorama, close App, reopen and still work...
btw: Sphere not work: shutter, move blue_big_dot to center, shutter and show only black and many white dots, not work back/shutter/close(this show dialog about discatrd but do nothing) buttons, then for exit Sphere is need close app and reopen...

EDIT: i have TA-1046, Touch 07(=NO Novatek), disabled evenwell

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomar777

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
Normal i use only "Camera", not try test: 10x NightSight(in this mode must wait for processing before posible make next photo), 10x Portrait, 10x Video, 3x Panorama, close App, reopen and still work...
btw: Sphere not work: shutter, move blue_big_dot to center, shutter and show only black and many white dots, not work back/shutter/close(this show dialog about discatrd but do nothing) buttons, then for exit Sphere is need close app and reopen...

thank you for testing and im waiting for the results in a day or two.. i have a suspicion that night sight makes the app stop after a while....

Max-ML

Dec 2, 2011
I see the config files on urynx download page , they are for 6.1 and 8.1 which are newer devices than ours...

Buggy on 6.1 as well. :)) Not fixed.
His GCam was fine on Pie. Including GC7xxx modes.
Problem came with A10.

He is aware of problem. Let's see if with next update v7.3 things go better.

KeyRaw

Feb 19, 2020
Varna
He is maybe configuring for those, this does not mean they will work on our "old" N7+
if anybody is in contact with him, maybe ask kindly if he can look into our case?

Nokia 7.1 - Stock Android 10 - Urnyx05: GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.3.apk behaves exactly as all other mods I tested since the update from 9 to 10. Taking a shot in Night Sight or HDR+ Enhanced leads to non-responding shutter button. Only device reboot fixes that - nothing else. No matter how I install the apk, clear app data, switch off features, lower frame count, wait before take another shot etc. etc. Sometimes one or another version of different devs would work (in Night Sight or HDR+ Enhanced) for one more shot, sometimes for a day or two. I noticed that with the slightly stable versions (by marlin-ku, Parrot043, cstark) the problem would occur when I tilt the device forward when trying to take a picture of something on the floor for example. At the moment I'm using BSG: MGC_7.3.018_RPII_v0f.apk. (in hdr+ mode only) - no Night Sight, no HDR+ Enhanced. Gives me satisfying overall results, but I definitely miss back.rider's mod since the update to 10. Waiting...

P.S. My device is not N7P, but I've been following this (and back.rider's) thread for more than a year now and I can verify that 7.1 and N7P behave identically when it comes to Gcam mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: shasan731

taurnilf

Mar 23, 2018
Normal i use only "Camera", now try test: 10x NightSight(in this mode must wait for processing before posible make next photo), 10x Portrait, 10x Video, 3x Panorama, close App, reopen and still work...

EDIT: i have TA-1046, Touch 07(=NO Novatek), disabled evenwell

Hi k3dar7.

Which evenwell apps are those? I had them disabled in Android 9, but a lot has changed in 10.

TIA.

christ59520

Jan 27, 2015
Last edited:

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
thank you for testing and im waiting for the results in a day or two.. i have a suspicion that night sight makes the app stop after a while....

after this tests, today stop working, shutter button "work", but photo is green solid color only...

then sure is not problem with make normal photo, but with some from NightSight and/or Portrait and/or Panorama...

to make work it again, i clean for app data&cache, again make settings and reboot phone.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Hi k3dar7.

Which evenwell apps are those? I had them disabled in Android 9, but a lot has changed in 10.

TIA.

in A9 i manualy disable all *evenwell* in Settings/Apps/[three_dots]/ShowSystem, but in A10 i actualy have disabled only those in/via adb script as link a provided

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
There is no GCAM working properly on this phone nor Nokia 6.1 plus, etc. People who says it is working ok is just people that don't realize is not. There is no magic trick nor magic version nor nothing. The only thing we should look for is a Nokia update to fix this bugs.

christ59520

Jan 27, 2015
Is it c.stark px 4.3 or which version? What are we doing wrong in installation? I just followed the instructions given, 2 days, that was it...

yes PX Mod v4.3
I also followed the instructions and restarted the phone.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

There is no GCAM working properly on this phone nor Nokia 6.1 plus, etc. People who says it is working ok is just people that don't realize is not. There is no magic trick nor magic version nor nothing. The only thing we should look for is a Nokia update to fix this bugs.

No big worries with GCAM on Android 9, and my version for Android 10 works almost as well.
The only things that do not work are the inability to use the telephoto lens, the slow motion on version 10 (ok on Android 9), and the sound which is not terrible in video.
Everything else works with me!
But it is true that if Nokia could improve its software it would be great, alas it will never happen!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.2
    Changes vs. test2.1 :
    - Under Advanced -> Port settings | (More advanced settings) :
    ---> Added "Pixel 3 AWB" (thanks to @Tomar777's suggestion and Toylann009's ports): this is turned on by default. I observed that when toggled ON, it produces more accurate and natural colors. Note that this only affects the rear camera. Check the comparison here.
    ---> Changed "Use custom lib" to Eszdman v3: I haven't done any tests here, but anyone might be interested. Stock lib is still my personal preference.
    - Added "Lens Blur" mode: toggle is on the left of Panorama. A bonus addition since I really don't use it, but again someone might be interested.
    - Performance improvements: I hope I'm right about this. So far it's working better in my device. #seemsfaster

NOTE: fresh re-install or "clear storage" after installation is recommended to clear up isolated cases like crashing Portrait Mode, etc.

Known issues:
    - Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
    - Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work (even in other ports, I believe). But it works in Photobooth; in Portrait Mode, it works after tapping the screen to focus. Suggested workarounds are (1) to use Portrait Mode for taking photos that need manual white balance adjustments, or (2) post-editing the photo.
    - Tap-to-focus doesn't seem to work in Lens Blur mode.
    - There might be instabilities with heavy usage.

Whew, I can't believe I still managed to make an update with my very tight schedule. Haha. The previous v2.1 was my main driver for the past weeks, and I suppose these minor updates are worth it. Okay, back to work and studying. Again, this port needs no extra config. Cheers!

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.2apk
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test1.2
    Changes vs. test1.1 :
    - Fixed tap-to-focus crash bug in video mode
    - Added "Save portraits to DCIM/Camera/" under Advanced (thanks to Toylan009's port)
    - Minor UI tweaks

I feel like I had to rush and post this one for the video crash fix. I'll be adding "necessary" features one at a time to keep things stable. I'm still learning this coding stuff, though, so it'll take time for me to get things going. At least everything seems okay so far.

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test1.2.apk
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.1
    Changes vs. test2 :
    - Under Advanced -> Port settings | (More advanced settings) :
    ---> Added "Saturation adjustments" (thanks to [MENTION]Toylann009[/MENTION]'s and BSG's ports): I included a toggle to apply custom saturation adjustments; if disabled, the default Google settings are used.
    ---> Changed "Use custom lib" to Eszdman v2: in my tests, it does a good job with high contrast scenarios in good light, but tends to produce more noise in low light.
    ---> Added "Maximum brightness" (also thanks to [MENTION]Toylann009[/MENTION]'s port): sets max brightness in viewfinder mode. May consume battery, especially since our device doesn't have OLED display for the black areas of the screen.
    ---> Edited "HDR+ Enhanced frames": Default is now set to =7 (which is Google default).
    - Default JPEG quality is set to 97%: I find this the sweet spot for both quality and image file size.
    - Minor UI edits: a few re-wordings here and there. I've also added a note for the Disable zoom in Portrait mode for added information (read this for more info)

NOTE: fresh re-install or "clear storage" after installation is recommended to clear up isolated cases like crashing Portrait Mode, etc.

Known issues:
    - Tap-to-focus in video mode breaks autofocus; workaround is switching to other modes and back.
    - Manual white balance in camera mode doesn't work (even in other ports, I believe). But it works in Photobooth; in Portrait Mode, it works after tapping the screen to focus. Suggested workarounds are (1) to use Portrait Mode for taking photos that need manual white balance adjustments, or (2) post-editing the photo.
    - There might be instabilities with heavy usage.

P.S. Just to give you guys a heads-up, I may or may not return to this project since I have to begin prioritizing time for work and studies. Looks like these optimizations and additions are enough for the regular user; in most cases, this port needs no extra config. Cheers!

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.1.apk
    I will go over these things once, and once only.
    Firstly, let's keep things on-topic and productive here, the topic being the Nokia 7 Plus users who use this mod.
    Talk of which phone is better than which is for other forum areas.
    Secondly this is, again, the Nokia 7 Plus forums. If you want to have the mod on another device, you're welcome to do as other devs have done here and port it to said device, or make a request for it in that devices Q/A forum. You may also try posting in the Google Camera Mods sub-forum.
    Alternatively, you can PM someone you think might be capable of making it happen, but they are under no obligation to you to do it or even respond to your PM. You should also not harass someone via PM under any circumstances.
    Remember, Developers do this work out of their spare time. You are not their boss and this is not their day job.
    Thirdly, I'll remind everyone of the XDA Rules, these ones especially:
    2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    15. Keep threads / posts on-topic: Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    Future posts of this nature are welcomed to be brought to the attention of the moderation team.
    Thanks.
    GCam_6.1.021_test1.apk
    First attempt to make all "essential" features work. Looks like everything's working nicely, including:
    - All photo things (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere)
    - Video (I still recommend stock Nokia Camera especially for the OZO audio)
    - Zoom (not sure if Super Res Zoom works, though)
    - Burst shot
    - Night sight
    - Tracking autofocus
    - Motion photos
    - Photobooth
    - Slow motion
    - Auto lens distortion correction (for front camera)
    - Playground (AR stickers) (download here)
    - Launching from lockscreen

Stock settings only, no additional config. However, under Advanced, I added the following toggles:
    - Use Classic Photo Viewer (default uses Google Photos; however, Google Photos has this bug that closes the photo if HDR+ is not yet finished processing)
    - HDR+ Enhanced for Portrait (for those who want increased dynamic range for portrait mode; force close app to apply changes)

This is based on @Arnova8G2's Dec-9 port (original port here). NOTE that this works on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) on Android 9.0 Pie.

One known issue is with Night Sight where you cannot take a photo after 2 consecutive shots; you need to wait until the first photo is finished processing before you can take another shot. There might be lags and crashes, but it's working fine for me so far.

Download:
    GCam_6.1.021_test1.apk

Special thanks to: @Arnova8G2 for all the base ports and all the help in troubleshooting; B-S-G for the base ports too, source of learnings, and; @cstark27 for all things learned from your Pixel 1/2/3 port page and the source of the Advanced toggles.