Nokia 8 official Firmware June 2018 Oreo [ V4.88B_B04]

Search This thread

Nitg16

Feb 19, 2014
When you get Oreo update, please check whether the firmware is compatible treble, and if it is, try:
https://xdaforums.com/project-trebl...-development/experimental-phh-treble-t3709659
This way you might get an AOSP ROM :)
If you the test, please report the result to the thread, thanks :)

Unfortunately treble is not enabled in Nokia 8 Oreo update, contrary to what has been confirmed by a official moderator on Nokia forums.

I suspect she just googled about treble and somewhere read that it is part of oreo framework and left comment on forum that treble will be part of final oreo update for Nokia 8.

The reality is that HMD didn't put any effort to enable treble in Nokia 8 oreo builds including beta versions.

dungbau01

Dec 22, 2017
Help ME !

The update process failed!

Error Code :0xc6da
Error : Download fails ,
Error = SE_ERR_ADB_CMD_GET_FAIL_RESULT (0xC6DA)

This is an emergency ! My phone had died !
ps: i try downgrade to Nougat with firmware NB1-309A-0-00WW-B01.nb0 :crying:

Sman999

Jun 18, 2015
Flashing error!

This is an emergency ! My phone had died !
ps: i try downgrade to Nougat with firmware NB1-309A-0-00WW-B01.nb0 :crying:

The same problem here too. I have a TA1004 DS model. Had oreo stock rom but the speakers died after update, so wanted to reset to stock nougat rom and tried the process in this thread. Now im stuck with no OS.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

for those who got in 9008 and dont know what to do
At first we should say thank you to hikari_calyx and heineken
so at first we should download our firmware, unpack archive with 7-zip and use the atached utility to unpack it
The unpacking will not be completed but it will be enough, we will have the files we need. You can just stop the software after 3-4 minutes
1. Ffter that we use qfil (qpst 2.7.460 or newer)
2. In FireHose Configuration, set device type to UFS.
3. Load the firehose programmer elf file in unpacked directory. (NB1-0-309A-prog_ufs_firehose_8998_ddr.elf)
4. Load XML Contents, choose NB1-xxxxxxxx-rawprogram0.xml and NB1-xxxxxxxx-patch0.xml.
5. Connect your phone to PC, then press download. QFIL will write bootloader to your phone.
6. Press and hold volume down and power button for 12 seconds to reboot.
7. If the phone still get stuck at 9008, load xmls from rawprogram1 and patch1 to rawprogram5 and patch5 with the same method of step4 to 6.
8. Now you should be able to see the splash screen.
9. Flash Original Firmware with patched OST LA if necessary.
At the end of the flashing i saw some error but actually device booted ok
I recommend that if your device booted after flashing with raw**5 file then to flash the device with OST
I had some more trouble because I bricked my device with BEST2 software, so after restoring with raw**5 after every reset I got again 9008 mode. So finally I managed to flash so i got to download mode, then flashed with OST and its ok
Again thanks to hikari_calyx that provided the manual and heineken for the software

I dont understand this part.
"so at first we should download our firmware, unpack archive with 7-zip and use the atached utility to unpack it"
I downloaded the firmware which is in rar format.
Unzipped using 7zip and i got a .nb0 file.
Now if i unpack the .nb0 file using 7zip it asks for a password.

How does the attached utility help? More info pls..

Sman999

Jun 18, 2015
Update:
I flashed the Oreo firmware from OP via OST again and got the same error but the phone booted.

But the speakers are still dead.

mhammadleo

Account currently disabled
May 3, 2011
GB
for those who got in 9008 and dont know what to do
At first we should say thank you to hikari_calyx and heineken
so at first we should download our firmware, unpack archive with 7-zip and use the atached utility to unpack it
The unpacking will not be completed but it will be enough, we will have the files we need. You can just stop the software after 3-4 minutes
1. Ffter that we use qfil (qpst 2.7.460 or newer)
2. In FireHose Configuration, set device type to UFS.
3. Load the firehose programmer elf file in unpacked directory. (NB1-0-309A-prog_ufs_firehose_8998_ddr.elf)
4. Load XML Contents, choose NB1-xxxxxxxx-rawprogram0.xml and NB1-xxxxxxxx-patch0.xml.
5. Connect your phone to PC, then press download. QFIL will write bootloader to your phone.
6. Press and hold volume down and power button for 12 seconds to reboot.
7. If the phone still get stuck at 9008, load xmls from rawprogram1 and patch1 to rawprogram5 and patch5 with the same method of step4 to 6.
8. Now you should be able to see the splash screen.
9. Flash Original Firmware with patched OST LA if necessary.
At the end of the flashing i saw some error but actually device booted ok
I recommend that if your device booted after flashing with raw**5 file then to flash the device with OST
I had some more trouble because I bricked my device with BEST2 software, so after restoring with raw**5 after every reset I got again 9008 mode. So finally I managed to flash so i got to download mode, then flashed with OST and its ok
Again thanks to hikari_calyx that provided the manual and heineken for the software

boos i have this error in extract
File: systeminfo.img
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
at ru.androidteam.nb0utils.NB0Unpacker.UnpackNB0(NB0Unpacker.java:135)
at ru.androidteam.nb0utils.NB0Unpacker.main(NB0Unpacker.java:54)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Nokia 3, 5, 6 & 8 Official Firmware flashing tool is Known as OST ( Online Service Tool) . I.e for flashing the firmware you need the tool, unfortuanely the tool as of now wont work for any Consumer end PC.because the Tool only works with Authorized Service partners registered PC. . Now we have got OST tool working with patch . :):)

Note:- the Firmware file extension is .nb0 , hope you guys will find a way to extract it .

Download link

Nokia 8 Oreo Firmware :- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t64iHuQQjmMnzcujZtjYplh6ipbiF6Cw?usp=sharing

changelog

• Camera Preview/Video/Snapshot always get black frame when switching mode
    • Camera Not easy to switch camera professional and normal modes from UI
    • Indonesia E-Money Card cannot be read

OST tool & patch
    Download OST LA v6.0.4:- https://yadi.sk/d/hkDVImee3NAZ7a
    Download patch :- https://yadi.sk/d/Tm2MvTJs3NAZy2
    password for patch :- 123

Oreo OST Tool & Patch

Download OST 6.1.2 & patch :- https://mega.nz/#F!1ENgnThL!FyL9uYCC3Dq-16elThKAPg -- Hope it works
    For more details visit link :- https://xdaforums.com/nokia-6/how-to/version-ost-la-6-1-2-t3743399

Again Many Thanks to @hikari_calyx for this contribution @heineken78 for the patch

Capture.PNG

Many thanks to @Quixote78 for the OST Too patch and the instructions ( which is posted in Nokia 6 forum)

Instructions

1. Download original firmware from the above link
    2. Download OST LA v6.0.4
    https://yadi.sk/d/hkDVImee3NAZ7a
    3. Download patch
    https://yadi.sk/d/Tm2MvTJs3NAZy2
    4. Unpack OST LA with 7zip and install on your PC
    5. Unpack patch (password :- 123)
    6. Replace . exe file OnlineUpdateTool with an exe file OnlineUpdateTool exracted from the patch and delete OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config in a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA (see pic.1 )
    7. Unpack software with 7zip.
    8. Start patched OST LA from the above mentioned folder by double left-click on exe file incicated on pic2.
    9. If everything is alright the program will run without requesting login and password to hook up with a server.
    10. Select the original software.
    11. Enter your Nokia 6 into Download mode connected with USB cable to your PC.
    12. After your device enter into Download mode, the button Edit Phone Information will be available. Push that button and wait for a error (something like failed to reboot to FTM mode) being appeared. Don't be so tragical about it. Press OK and see the button Next should be activated..
    13. After button Next become active, press on it and and have an eye on the flashing process or have a cup of tea not to kill time.
    14. Your device will reboot and you may congratulate oneself.

1.png
    #Uploading New firmware for Nokia 8 .... No Idea whether its Oreo or Nougat :) ... Try it your self ,coz am out of country now .
    Uploading Nokia 8 Firmware with June security patch.. link will be up in 30 mins.V4.88B_B04

Nokia 8 Oreo Firmware :- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t64iHuQQjmMnzcujZtjYplh6ipbiF6Cw?usp=sharing

changelog

• Camera Preview/Video/Snapshot always get black frame when switching mode
    • Camera Not easy to switch camera professional and normal modes from UI
    • Indonesia E-Money Card cannot be read
    Hi @blackpanther0582 first of all thank you so much for your time and hard work, I was wondering about two errors I got and how I can fix them because I have bricked my phone and right now it only boot to the download mode
    First error with OST 6.0.4 when I try to flash my nokia 8 ta-1004 I got this errors:
    Code:

Second error with OST 6.1.2 using NB1-484A-0-00WW-B03.nb0.7z rom the process stuck on this message:
    Code:
    Reflash service bootloader
    ZZGhpn9.png

Please if anything I can do to restore my phone back I will be much appreciated and thank you so much

i will upload the latest firmware this week, try that and update me if it works or not !
    Hi All
    #Uploading Oreo 8.1 v 4.84A
    #Link will be the same GDrive link in op and will be available in hr