• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nokia 8 Sirocco Google Cam mod not working after Andriod 10 update

Search This thread

Beardriod

Apr 19, 2020
Hi All,

Phone : Nokia 8 Sirocco
I used to have a working Google cam mod on my phone until the Andriod 10. Now none of the mods I install works! It just crashes.

Does anyone know which works on this!?

helt89

Aug 15, 2018
HAL3 is disabled

Hello,
It seems that HAL3 support for Camera is missing from the Android 10 build. I've send an email to Nokia support today. Until it is fixed, and you(generally speaking) are still on Android 9, and use Gcam mod, stay away from the update.

Reactions: valyo_bg

kapor82

Apr 12, 2011
They disabled Raw with this Android 10 update.
We paid premium so we could have less quality camera, and camera app options than mid-range Nokia's ?
Remember, no Lightroom raw capture and edit possible either.

PavilionDV

Sep 16, 2016
Same here, I have tried lots of Gcams and all not working, except the stock one from Play Store, but are missing important feature like night mode....

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

1. Install KillerCam_V1.5_Revolution_6.1.021.apk
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1139/
2. Go to app details and force stop Killer Cam
3. Clear all app data from Killer Cam
4. Start Killer Cam and confirm access to location etc.
5. Close Killer Cam
6. Install Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02b6.5-A10.apk
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1049/

Last edited:
Reactions: valyo_bg

Opa_Apo

Oct 11, 2009
Same here, I have tried lots of Gcams and all not working, except the stock one from Play Store, but are missing important feature like night mode....

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

5. Close Killer Cam

The posted solution results in a working GCam but I would not agree that HDR works. Yes, the menu is active and you can toggle the feature on but there is no difference in the photos at all (at least to my eye). I suppose that the app is taking normal snaps without HDR, regardless of the chosen mode.

PavilionDV

Sep 16, 2016
The posted solution results in a working GCam but I would not agree that HDR works. Yes, the menu is active and you can toggle the feature on but there is no difference in the photos at all (at least to my eye). I suppose that the app is taking normal snaps without HDR, regardless of the chosen mode.

I guess the only way is to root the phone and enable Camera2 API. (HAL3) .

Opa_Apo

Oct 11, 2009
I guess the only way is to root the phone and enable Camera2 API. (HAL3) .

I really hope MHD fixes it, if not, it was my last Nokia. I understand if you have to root a budget phone. But if I pay close to premium price, I also expect the software to work, without me touching it.
No HDR, broken glance screen, broken play store, increased battery drainage, worse wifi connection. It went from a phone I was really happy with, to a phone that pisses me off every day.
Rant end. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm gonna wait. Have a nice day! :)

PavilionDV

Sep 16, 2016
I really hope MHD fixes it, if not, it was my last Nokia. I understand if you have to root a budget phone. But if I pay close to premium price, I also expect the software to work, without me touching it.
No HDR, broken glance screen, broken play store, increased battery drainage, worse wifi connection. It went from a phone I was really happy with, to a phone that pisses me off every day.
Rant end. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm gonna wait. Have a nice day! :)

I contacted them and said that would raise the issue further , but needs more users to complain to them in order to fix this.
First picture is Sirocco and second is 7 Plus both on Android 10,where on Sirocco RAW capture is disabled and enabled on 7 Plus.

Attachments

• 97068469_536891193653674_226763681839448064_n.jpg
    97068469_536891193653674_226763681839448064_n.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 109
  • 0-02-01-139d279a6384b43ba96479fba75cd9b0e545e132404e453fd689f5200d2e1f7a_55886c64.jpg
    0-02-01-139d279a6384b43ba96479fba75cd9b0e545e132404e453fd689f5200d2e1f7a_55886c64.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Sony Xperia 5
I have unlocked it through Hikari Calyx. I have paid 9$ (41 Ron). He accessed my PC through Team Viewer and used a virtual USB to attach a smartcard. With that he reflashed my phone with android 9 (but you can choose 8 also) and unlocked the BL.
Everything was done within 24 hours.
This was my first phone with a unlockable BL and i have missed a lot having root on my phone. Now with root is like i'm having a new phone :)
P.s. : After unlocking the BL you can OTA upgrade to 10 if you wish but i do not see the reason. 9 has everything and none of the issues of 10.
With 10 google disabled ACR functionality.
HDR api disabled by HMB
Huge battery drain (do not know the reason)
A2dp issues
Etc..
Although with root you can fix all the issues i rather not have them in the first place. Therefore i will stay on 9 at least until a good stable 10 comes out of HMD global.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have unlocked it through Hikari Calyx. I have paid 9$ (41 Ron). He accessed my PC through Team Viewer and used a virtual USB to attach a smartcard. With that he reflashed my phone with android 9 (but you can choose 8 also) and unlocked the BL.
    Everything was done within 24 hours.
    This was my first phone with a unlockable BL and i have missed a lot having root on my phone. Now with root is like i'm having a new phone :)
    P.s. : After unlocking the BL you can OTA upgrade to 10 if you wish but i do not see the reason. 9 has everything and none of the issues of 10.
    With 10 google disabled ACR functionality.
    HDR api disabled by HMB
    Huge battery drain (do not know the reason)
    A2dp issues
    Etc..
    Although with root you can fix all the issues i rather not have them in the first place. Therefore i will stay on 9 at least until a good stable 10 comes out of HMD global.
    HAL3 is disabled

Hello,
    It seems that HAL3 support for Camera is missing from the Android 10 build. I've send an email to Nokia support today. Until it is fixed, and you(generally speaking) are still on Android 9, and use Gcam mod, stay away from the update.

5. Close Killer Cam
    Today i have unlocked my bootloader and downgraded to Pie.
    I really do not regret !
    I only found the "Nokia 8 Sirocco Bootloader Unlock" service. Did you ask the guy on chat to flash Android 9 or did I miss something? Thanks.
    Bootloader unlock process will not be like handing you a unlock key. It will have reflash the phone with a smartcard.
    Contact him by mail first and he will send you instructions.
    You will have to do a pretest, join a telegram group, buy the unlock, choose and download what version of android you want and then give him Team Viewer access and he will do the rest.

Regards