Nokia 8 Sudden Restart occurred Randomly

Search This thread

zash13x

This has been happening to me lately and I don't know the reason. We have not received any updates since October. So, I think the culprit is a Google Framework/Service or something. I will try to Factory Reset my phone now and will get back to you guys if the issue still happens.

zash13x

I already did a Factory Reset, system is smooth and all. Random restart still happens. Only happens when I'm playing a game. Happened on 3 different games already. I think when the battery is low, like 40% below, chances are if you are playing, a random reboot will happen. I don't know the reason why but it happens. It was not happening before so maybe it's because of a Google silent update or something? Because we're all stuck on October Security Patch.

chief.alpha

Nov 19, 2019
I have also experienced this with my phone starting a few days ago. I thought it was bizarre. After reading what most have said here I noticed it happens when I am below 10%battery. However this is not the case for when I woke up this morning with battery in 40%.

So my fellow 8 users, the problem is when using mobile data. Once it is on it will start the boot loop. But once off it is working as normal. Wifi is what I'm currently using.

My phone is still under Warranty so I'm going to see if they can give me a fix.

I would chalk this down to software. More specifically a security update given current findings.

I will go to the service center and report back.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

To be sure about your battery , First put your mobile on safe mode for 7 days and notice if restart will happen again or not? also notice battey consumption and charging rapidly mode.-:eek:

I was having same problem for last few months , when I put my nokia 8 on safe mode (Restart while pressing down volume button) ,the Restarting problem did not happen even once for 7 days, So I discovered that it is software problem that cause system to hang and restart and consume battery.. Then I discover that " many months ago on android Oreo" I was making changes in Devoloper mode To stop and prevent application from running in background , This was nice on oreo but on Android Pie it cause conflect and system hang with some application that refuse to stop causing system restart.. All problem had gone after allowing application to work again in background normally .. Till now for about one month no single restart >> Also , Rapidly charging mode working nice but unfournatly battery consumption Still high.
I actually haven't modified my phone to that extent. As a matter of fact I have everything stock.

I re read this.... I modified whatsapp to not give me any notifications. I changed that setting again and now my phone is running OK..... For now. Seeing as that is the ONLY modification I have made to my apps and phone, I'll see how it goes for a week and report back.

Last edited:

gordond11

Oct 22, 2007
This started happening to my stock Nokia 8 within the last two or three weeks. Only non-stock on my phone is the camera port, and that had been in place for a few months before this started. I was about to wipe the phone and start over, but it sounds like that won't address the random reboots. So far the reboots seem to happen when I'm playing bluetooth audio, but that may just be because I listen to a lot of bluetooth audio.

chief.alpha

Nov 19, 2019
Yes after updating my phone to the january security update I assumed this would fix the problem but it clearly persists. So i too am coming to the conclusion that this is a battery issue. Below 40% it starts random reboots. But if it is a faulty battery, how is it that many devices have faulty battery?
Also this problem also stated beginning of 2020 January.

Still silence from Nokia folk...

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
This a background application causing this issue check latest open app after reboot and check the notification maybe blocked or other permission like work in background or try to not optmize the app on battery section

Last edited:

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
What i mean there's app running on the background when not in use so this app need some resources from the system when there is no permission available usuly due to user infeterence or the battery optimization option is active to make this bug and restart acure.
So basically to know which app causing the issue need to check latest opened app after the rouboot

chief.alpha

Nov 19, 2019
I currently have nova launcher that I paid for and that is the only modification to my phone in top of themes that user nova launcher. Where can I access those apps after restart?

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
Go to setting= battery= usage =show full device usage.
Down menu click on top app to see her individual usage and grant Access I background if not available or stop optimization if optmized those setting in different locations of setting menu

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Or try to not optmize all installed applications from setting as well

chief.alpha

Nov 19, 2019
Which apps would you suggest I optimize? Or not optimize. Whatsapp truecaller and nova launcher are the top 3..

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
Try first to not optmize this application and observe you can go one by one sure one of them or maybe also system app if been optimised check does you have to try
Maybe others

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Easy way to remove battery optimization but this will drain battery faster

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
Go to the settings under battery show All then check the data submenu and adjust accordingly

vaericke

May 11, 2019
Guys. This is a malware problem, I think nokia or whoever is doing this is making fun of us because the system apps installed are full of malware or I believe is the case it happened during the Pie update. I don’t know if because the security updates of Google is messing the malware pre installed like most of the evenwell apps from china. It’s just disappointing that we paid 500 dollars or more for this piece of junk. I will never buy from HMD again.

SuNdRoU

Sep 3, 2016
Guys. This is a malware problem, I think nokia or whoever is doing this is making fun of us because the system apps installed are full of malware or I believe is the case it happened during the Pie update. I don’t know if because the security updates of Google is messing the malware pre installed like most of the evenwell apps from china. It’s just disappointing that we paid 500 dollars or more for this piece of junk. I will never buy from HMD again.

No its not i can say is a bug just follow the instructions given up and hopefully will solve the problems ihad the issue before and i solved with the way discrib before

masput

Apr 7, 2020
just replace your batterry to fix, random restart, speaker lag, and fast charging back to normal again, more info WhatsApp+6282334231924

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

just replace your batterry, im replace by self, i can help you, more info WhatsApp to +6282334231924
sorry im not good to speaking English ?

zash13x

just replace your batterry to fix, random restart, speaker lag, and fast charging back to normal again, more info WhatsApp+6282334231924

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

just replace your batterry, im replace by self, i can help you, more info WhatsApp to +6282334231924
sorry im not good to speaking English

I'm out of warranty, how do I get the battery replaced?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To all Nokia 8 users, have you ever had any issues that sometimes your Nokia 8 starts to freeze seconds and then restart by itself? It doesn't happen once but multiple times. It happens sometimes when you are trying to do something like playing game or opening Google play app. However, since booting to OS and if you leave it be until like many hours later, it won't go sudden restart. Only when you do activities, will it suddenly restart.

Why is this happening? The ROM and app are the same as it be and didn't happen long ago. It only happens like two days ago.

I hope users of Nokia 8 experts have solution to this issue. Thank you

EDITED: I found out the real cause. Although this is hypothesis, it seems GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES is the culprit. I noticed it just force closes and then whenever I launched any apps that have something to do with play services, it just goes into bootloop.

Can anyone confirm this?
    I got not only the same issue but also the problem with sounds after update to Pie. And i realize when i put my phone in the charger, issues stop; when i put it out issues happen again and again...
    I got the same problem. When my phone's battery drops to 60% or lower it restarts whenever I spend some time surfing the net or opening up the stock camera, with the addition of removing my fingerprint scan every time it restarts that way. However, these issues immediately stop when I plug my phone to its charger. I thought the security update fixed these but sadly it didn't.
    I solved my problem, i brought my phone to Nokia care center and they replaced my battery with the new one. Thats battery problem, thats all.