Nokia 8 updates

Search This thread

ssrki

Jan 22, 2011
But if oreo beta doesn't received November's security patch like Nougat, than I hope that official Oreo is not too mutch away

Sent from my Nokia 8 TA-1052 using Tapatalk

Rd. Vortex

Jun 2, 2010
VoLTE
secure.flickr.com
Oreo changelog attached. Can only update once I get home though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171124-143226.png
    Screenshot_20171124-143226.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 303

simon-sf

Sep 20, 2017
camera auto focus works better, no manual setting for iso/shutter speed...overall camera works better open camera in video mode now record audio too, and whats app.

Reactions: ssrki

simon-sf

Sep 20, 2017
youtube with video app

my good opencamera and you tube works same time...i can listen yt while recording.:good::good::good:

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
camera auto focus works better, no manual setting for iso/shutter speed...overall camera works better open camera in video mode now record audio too, and whats app.

Any picture quality improvements with the update? Or faster processing when using both sensors? What's the slowest shutter speed you can set in open camera?

simon-sf

Sep 20, 2017
Front camera better...dual mode better i think...havent use much, not a teen vlogger:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems that the new camera app will arrive soon, with a completely redesigned imaging framework. It seems that they had problems because of the monochromatic sensor.

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000024973

Google has also announced the partnership with Nokia/hmd to integrate Google Lens into the Camera app, so I imagine it will start to be updated via the Play Store.

Other news for the Nokia 8 were not provided, having already Android 8.1 for months, while the other devices are receiving it only now.

I think they will keep the real news for the release of Android P and I think that Glance will remain the same (it's the only Nokia to have it, it doesn't make sense to develop it when the stock Ambient Display is much complete and integrated).

I hope they also add support for Google ARCore.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using XDA Labs
    I wonder why so many people complain that much about HMD. I guess that maximum 40% of users from xda bought this phone at the moment of its premier. People that bought it after - didn't you check what the status of custom development look like? Such people make me a little bit laugh when I see you asking about status of development. Personally I was flasher addict when I had other phones. Here security patches are being provided every month, soft is almost AOSP, than what are you missing, why did you buy the phone. For playing with soft, I have got two other phones which are very good supported, and this is enough. This one is very rock stable for me, and having possibility of root is enough. I agree they Nokia killed in some way this phone by not permitting unlock of bootloader, but how many of whole Nokia 8 users really need it? I don't know how you do market recognition, but honestly I did the research very good and I bought this phone being aware of its possibilities.
    Moving out of Nokia 8, saw the update pushed here in SG, will not updating mine... Will let the future owner decide... If they want to unlock/root(?) The phone... Not sure if September still able to? Moving on to an older phone... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using XDA Labs

No one cares if you are getting another phone. No one cares about the future owner. No one cares about your old phone.

Only the three new phones (6 2018, 7 Plus and 8 Sirocco) will be part of the Android One program: https://www.android.com/one/
    But I don't see where the problem is, so far the Nokia 8 "standard" has been supported as and better than the Android One already on the market, I don't think that things will change, will continue to receive the same support, comparable to that of these new One.

The positive thing is that they have clearly said that the new Nokia Camera "Pro" will be available for all smartphones with Zeiss optics, so also for our Nokia 8. This justifies the lack of the new app with Android 8.1, they didn't want to announce anything before the MWC.
    However in the version arrived with Android 8.1 have greatly improved the autofocus, now has a speed similar to that of my old Nexus 5X. In this sense there is an abyss between the one in Android 8.0 and this in 8.1
    The new version engineered with Zeiss and Pro mode could finally bring it to the level that competes with it.
    https://youtu.be/aPSVzRvd7y4
    I finally manage to get the update after two weeks.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk