Nokia C100

Search This thread

swiftd3v

Oct 17, 2022
Nokia X10/X20
So I got a Lil c100 a couple days ago. It has a screen lock and the recovery mode don't work. Everyone says get it into fastbook amd use that to get to recovery. But the problem is after I get into fastboot the device isn't found. I've installed every USB driver known to man about fastboot or Nokia in general. And yet it still not popping up. Can sb help me?

Reactions: diamant3

diamant3

Feb 14, 2020
So I got a Lil c100 a couple days ago. It has a screen lock and the recovery mode don't work. Everyone says get it into fastbook amd use that to get to recovery. But the problem is after I get into fastboot the device isn't found. I've installed every USB driver known to man about fastboot or Nokia in general. And yet it still not popping up. Can sb help me?
anything yet?

wenyendev

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2022

What do you mean by "the device isn't found"?

Trav05152008

Dec 16, 2022
I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. No matter what box program Im using , nothing works! crazy. Please help. Id be happy with a factory reset. Atleast then I could get past the FRP.

Reactions: dewayne7478

wenyendev

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2022
Wow, I have not encountered that error yet.

I could only guess that it might be a problem of recovery.

How did you install your current recovery if not from fastboot?

TaigaDaReck

Mar 25, 2023
Moto G Stylus 5G
Hey any update on this? I can say I've come across the same issue where their seems to either be no recovery or a corrupt one.

One thing I want to point out is (at least with the TracFone) that when I put the device in fastboot, and have wondershare tune go running, it displays the device as a Sony Xperia. The program still isn't able to connect to the device for me to attempt a reboot into recovery. It also reads the device as two other devices.

I'm hoping someone has encountered these findings and may also have a dump of the stock rom.if so I may be able to begin rooting for at least fix the recovery issue.

TaigaDaReck

Mar 25, 2023
Moto G Stylus 5G
Hey any update on this? I can say I've come across the same issue where their seems to either be no recovery or a corrupt one.

One thing I want to point out is (at least with the TracFone) that when I put the device in fastboot, and have wondershare tune go running, it displays the device as a Sony Xperia. The program still isn't able to connect to the device for me to attempt a reboot into recovery. It also reads the device as two other devices.

I'm hoping someone has encountered these findings and may also have a dump of the stock rom.if so I may be able to begin rooting for at least fix the recovery issue.
Also I'm going to use my Linux system to see if I get any results. Let me know if you've tried it as well.

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Were you able to get fastboot to recognize the device?

Which OS are you testing on if you are?
you need to use a special mtk boot mode script you can download here #101

Code:
computer:~ user$ python3 ~/Downloads/mtk-bootseq.py FASTBOOT /dev/tty.usbmodem14100

b'READYTOO'
Boot sequence sent
computer:~ user$ ~/Downloads/platform-tools/fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
computer:~ user$ ~/Downloads/platform-tools/fastboot flashing unlock
computer:~ user$ ~/Downloads/platform-tools/fastboot oem unlock-go

testing on android 12, jan5 2022 update build 02US_1_030

Reactions: TaigaDaReck

TaigaDaReck

Mar 25, 2023
Moto G Stylus 5G

Code:
computer:~ user$ python3 ~/Downloads/mtk-bootseq.py FASTBOOT /dev/tty.usbmodem14100

b'READYTOO'
Boot sequence sent

Hey thanks for the response.

So far I've been able to get the device to read in fastboot but I'm still unable to unlock the bootloader since as your saying it's definitely..."gimped" haha. I'll checkout the script and do some tests to see what I get.

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Hey thanks for the response.

So far I've been able to get the device to read in fastboot but I'm still unable to unlock the bootloader since as your saying it's definitely..."gimped" haha. I'll checkout the script and do some tests to see what I get.
if you're curious you can always reach out to this guy, he's able to get prototype boot loaders and stuff: https://twitter.com/Hikari_Calyx

might even know how to get test points to force it into brom for mtkclient

gulfdiver6862

Mar 24, 2022
Louisiana
I'm in the same position as the OP. I used both the MTK client and the script listed above in this post - thanks, you guys - and got a return on the MTK client with phone info, but still couldn't unlock anything at all.

I've searched around quite a bit, but haven't found if anyone's tried a test point with the C100.

I'm a diver by career, but I've been interested in learning Linux and Android in my spare time, and am trying to muscle my way through understanding how phones work. I'm fascinated and appreciate any guidance. I'll have to grab a screenshot from my Linux system when I get the chance and post them for whatever good they might do all of you to see.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. No matter what box program Im using , nothing works! crazy. Please help. Id be happy with a factory reset. Atleast then I could get past the FRP.
    Were you able to get fastboot to recognize the device?

Which OS are you testing on if you are?

Code:

b'READYTOO'
    Boot sequence sent